996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any S2000 owners in here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Destructo is infamous around these partsDestructo is infamous around these parts
Not to hijack the thread, but i've been thinking about getting an S2000, the prices seem fair for the fun everyone is claiming. I've been itching to get a nice little roadster and i love my current 2002 Mini Cooper S (With CAI and 15% SC Pulley Reducer), will i enjoy the S2000 more so? I want to keep the Cooper for my 4 season car, and the S2000 for my Spring Summer Fall ride.
Anything i should look for i figure at earliest a 2002MY.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:25 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Never owned one but drove a friends. You all seem to like it alot but the lack of torque bothered me. I felt like I had to really ring it's neck for it to go at all? No power at all in low rpm range.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 AM
KJM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buddyg
Never owned one but drove a friends. You all seem to like it alot but the lack of torque bothered me. I felt like I had to really ring it's neck for it to go at all? No power at all in low rpm range.
That's the fun part though. Revving that thing to the redline and hearing the engine spinning like a sewing machine!

- KJ

Old 06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
It's not a bad ride, i want more tq. for a DD though, it gets old having to work the engine so hard and i can't stand the image associated with them since they have got so much more affordable.

Josh.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 PM
jakethunder is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Destructo
Not to hijack the thread, but i've been thinking about getting an S2000, the prices seem fair for the fun everyone is claiming. I've been itching to get a nice little roadster and i love my current 2002 Mini Cooper S (With CAI and 15% SC Pulley Reducer), will i enjoy the S2000 more so? I want to keep the Cooper for my 4 season car, and the S2000 for my Spring Summer Fall ride.
Anything i should look for i figure at earliest a 2002MY.
I bought my wife a Mini Cooper S last Decemeber and it's a much different car from the S2000. Her's has the paddle shifters which makes it fun to drive, but it's not nearly as fun as the S2000. You can probably get an S2000 pretty cheap right now. I was pricing my car to see how much I could possibly sell it for and with only 20k miles I'd be lucky to get $21,000. I've seen a lot of them with 30-60k miles and are in the mid to upper teens. Not bad for such a fun car.

Though I have to admit, the Mini is a blast to drive too!

Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaykkub
You can probably get an S2000 pretty cheap right now.
Not likely, as with many roadsters/convertables, this car is very 'seasonal'... summer is not the time to buy if you're looking for a deal. Considering performance rather than timing, yes this car is a steal!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Why didn't you ever post your Carrera GT kill story here?

It could be because I've never killed a Carrera GT.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sideways
It could be because I've never killed a Carrera GT.
Yet so many S2ki forum members claimed you did. I guess you're innocent though since you never actually made the claim yourself.

/OT

Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
jakethunder is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Not likely, as with many roadsters/convertables, this car is very 'seasonal'... summer is not the time to buy if you're looking for a deal. Considering performance rather than timing, yes this car is a steal!
I guess cheap is a relative term I've been looking at the 997 GT3 prices for the past week, so anything seems cheap after that haha.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Destructo is infamous around these partsDestructo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaykkub
I bought my wife a Mini Cooper S last Decemeber and it's a much different car from the S2000. Her's has the paddle shifters which makes it fun to drive, but it's not nearly as fun as the S2000. You can probably get an S2000 pretty cheap right now. I was pricing my car to see how much I could possibly sell it for and with only 20k miles I'd be lucky to get $21,000. I've seen a lot of them with 30-60k miles and are in the mid to upper teens. Not bad for such a fun car.

Though I have to admit, the Mini is a blast to drive too!
I love my Cooper S as well, it's a blast to drive. I test drove an S2000 yesterday and i loved it. I like that it's not super torquey in the city, atleast my preference, and i got out on the high way and i love revving the R's up. I ended breaking the tires loose doing a "Michigan U Turn" I really enjoyed the car, and if posisble will pick one up this winter when people are thinking "it's too cold to have a vert".

Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kid GT2
I actually just sold my s2000 this week. It was black/red with volk wheels, vortech supercharger kit, tien coilover, OEM hardtop, AEM, ect. It was a fun car to drive around in.
i had one too, they are so fun! lol

Old 06-28-2007, 03:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
FUN CAR it is indeed, especially turbo'd.. My friend had a S2K with the Lovefab turbo kit, absolutely no lag, felt NA and was FAST, he did other modifications so it wasnt just a base kit but im sure you would be content with that setup Scott!

Old 06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Kid GT2 is infamous around these parts
I actually just sold my s2000 this week. It was black/red with volk wheels, vortech supercharger kit, tien coilover, OEM hardtop, AEM, ect. It was a fun car to drive around in.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i had a bone stock '04 for about a year. it put a smile on my face everytime i took it out.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I had an '01 and an '04 and I loved them both. The '01 was nice for the 9K redline, but I liked the '04 more - it had better wheels, better looks, more torque (relative term), and a nice interior.

When I bought my first S2K, I compared it to the Boxster. It would have cost me $63K for a similarly equipped Boxster S back in 2001 (leather sport seats, xenons, aluminum shifter, 240hp, etc.).

I would buy another S2000 in a heartbeat - if I ever move back to CA, I just might.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any S2000 owners in here?