996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any S2000 owners in here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Any S2000 owners in here?

Got my first ride in one last night. What a balanced and fun little car! I really enjoyed that thing! I bet a TC'd or SC'd one would be an absolute blast. I think I'd prefer a SC over a TC on one to keep the same driving dynamics.

Anyway, what a great little car.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Axis is infamous around these parts
S2000 owner here

Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
LABrit has one, I used to have a SC in mine, absolute thrill to drive, had to let it go after just 6 months of owning it and 4 months with SC. Was moving to NY for school and I couldnt see myself driving a roadters in NY that was very low to the ground.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I used to have one too. Loved it at the time!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Dr. T is infamous around these parts
The S2000 is a blast. I'll be adding an SL55 as soon as I find the right one but plan on keeping the S2000. 2 drop tops in Seattle is a bit ridiculous but the Honda is just too much fun to part with. I think the SC will be next year's project.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
How is that car compared to a Boxster, in terms of "fun to drive"?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
The gearbox in the s2k is simply perfect.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Ya..it seemed that way the way he was shifting.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Was my first choice out of school but it just didn't offer enough creature comforts for the price. Insurance was high and I knew that with a near 9k redline insurance would only go up as the speeding tickets racked up.

But yes, a phenomenal car... though a bit expensive to mod relative to others in its price range.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:07 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I love my S2000 like no other car I've owned. Just did a lapping day @ Pacific Raceways on Wednesday and it's just so much fun. Especially when you get point bys in a basically stock car from cars much faster on paper like Z06s, 911s and M3s etc...

oh yeah... put Elise in that group as well

Mine is an '02 so no traction control and it does have the 9K redline. As long as you can keep it in the powerband it's a great little car.

If I had more garage space (right now 3 cars - one car garage ) I'd keep the S but I think it may be up for sale soon.

I wouldn't daily drive the S2000 - but as a weekend auto-x / twisties / track day toy it's hard to beat for the $$$.

Boxter S (especially the new one) has more torque and feels more forgiving. S2000 has more of a go-kart kind of vibe. Boxster would be a much better daily IMO - more room and more comfy. Shifter on the S2000 = far better than Boxster. Steering feel - Boxster > S2000. The S2000 has quick steering but is somewhat devoid of feedback. Had to really crank up the caster to get some "weight" in the steering.

S/C S2000 is like an S2000 on steriods - still soft on the bottom end - but the top end screams!

(the track pics are from another day back in November...)

Last edited by lig; 06-25-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:24 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
I decided to order one of those CR's coming soon. I believe it will be a fun little car and heard 08 was the last year. Might as well get the latest and greatest.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I had a 03 Silverstone, was stolen after 3 months of ownership. I dont think you could have more fun car for the money. I drove a Boxster at the time and liked the S2000 hands down. It had slight oversteer, but put a wider wheels/tires on and the car was more evenly balanced for me. I had planned on Comptech Supercharger sionce I already had a great relationship with them from the NSX's.

If youre on a budget in that price range, couldnt recommend this car more.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
IMO out of the box the S2k is more fun than the boxster S. It requires more attention but reacts faster needs effort and can embarrass the unskilled or occasional driver easily while the boxster somehow corrects your mistakes. The boxster feels more balanced and smooth but not faster although it holds speed more easily. When you add coilovers and upgrade the brakes of the boxster it is a different story. You get instant response from the rear axle, leaning disappears and then the lack of power starts to become more obvious. You constantly feel that the chassis could put more power down and it is not there.

Now as far as the Elise is concerned. If feels slower than both and that's probably due to the anemic torque. But the size and the seating position is the closest thing to a kart with a roof. You feel like you are sitting on the road and as an integrated part of the chassis. There is some understeer dialed in the factory setup that you overcome with flicking the car or hitting the throttle to off-balance the tail.

All in all I think that if you want a single car to keep stock and just have fun without caring about anything else the Boxster is a good choise. You just can't leave the S2k or the Elise stock. 8k buys you moton suspension and Alcon brakes for the elise along with clutch, flywheel and LSD. It's pretty much all the car needs in order to handle the 250-300hp turbo kits available offer...

Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
dr_sharp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gtr
I decided to order one of those CR's coming soon. I believe it will be a fun little car and heard 08 was the last year. Might as well get the latest and greatest.
Are those the crazy ones with body kits and wings? Not sure how I feel about those. Did they get a power boost?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dr_sharp
Are those the crazy ones with body kits and wings? Not sure how I feel about those. Did they get a power boost?
Yeah, it reminds me of my old evo . For some reason I trust the car will be something since it was tuned by the same guy whom tuned the NSX-R and this new S2kCR has the same foot prints. It may be a good autoX toy for A-Stock.

Honda doesn't claim any hp gains but until offical specs, we will see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any S2000 owners in here?