996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tire Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
TurboLove is infamous around these parts
I asked the dealer about putting 235s (vs stock 225s) on the front stock turbo rims and its okay. They are working for me so far.......

Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TurboLove
I asked the dealer about putting 235s (vs stock 225s) on the front stock turbo rims and its okay. They are working for me so far.......
check your pm

Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
russbert is infamous around these parts
Code:
1. Bridgestone S-02A
2. Continental ContiSportContact2
3. Michelin PilotSportRib

and how they compare to the Yoko Neovas?
OK, I will give you my personal experience with the first 3 tires you mention plus the Bridgestone 050's that I put on a thousand miles or so ago.

Best to Worst:
1) Michelin Pilot Sport Rib
2) Conti 2's
3) Bridgestone S02A

The Michelin's were definitely the best of the three in every aspect. Excellent grip (wet & dry), turn in, road noise, overall handling, and mileage although I also got great mileage out of the Conti's as well. Price being the one "negative".

The Conti's were a decent blend of all these traits (decent price, good handling in the wet, decent dry (compared to others), road noise was good until the very end of the tread life and then was very loud, and put quite a few miles on the rears before they gave out). If I remember correctly, it was around 16-17k miles on the rears (C4S but close enough to TT).

The reason I have the S02A's third? Simple ... traction in the wet sucked!! I didn't have a lot of confidence in them and hydroplaned pretty bad a couple of times when on vacation and got caught in a hard downpour. With the other two sets of tires, the AWD was awesome in the rain ... but not with these!

So far the 050's are very good in the wet and dry and seemed to have very similar characteristics to the Michelins although I don't have enough miles on them to say definitely yet. The only "thing" I've noticed so far is higher road noise than the others especially on certain types of pavement. What type exactly I can't really say. I just know there is a certain highway near my home that ALL my cars / tires combos are loud on BUT the 050's are louder still. However, they are fine on all other types of pavement.

Sorry I can't be more specific ... but the pavement is not in dis-repair; it's just a different type of road that is more annoying than the other types. Fortunately I don't encounter these type of pavement very often (this is based on a long trip from Cincinnati to North Carolina and back a couple of months ago).

Hope that helps.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ananms
From what I heard, the Yoko Neovas seem to have a very hard ride...Is that true?

Also, any comments about the following tires:

1. Bridgestone S-02A
2. Continental ContiSportContact2
3. Michelin PilotSportRib

and how they compare to the Yoko Neovas?
I miss the Conti's. They have about as much grip as a greased pig. They actually feel, to the hand, like they are made of plastic vs. rubber. I do really miss getting a little sideways on the way to work and back every day on the dry roads. It was fun. I currently have a set of Toyo RA1's and the grip is insane. No sliding. I miss the conti's. I think I'm going to put a set of the PS2s on my stock wheels.

Last edited by Zippy; 06-27-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Street is infamous around these parts
Toyo RA1's are great. These things grip almost like my Nitto drag tire.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:47 PM
banditlex is infamous around these parts
ps2s, but they wear quickly.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:09 PM
ananms is infamous around these parts
Bit the bullet and ordered the Michelin PS2s.....should be on the car in a week or so.

Thank you all for your assistance....