996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

socal people - drag day this Saturday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 AM
EvilEmpirE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WyattTT
Are they going to be selling fuel there, or is there a place around Upland that sells it?
Keith, they sell it there......but the guy there is super shady, and charges arm and leg for it. Best bet is to get it from the VP Gas Station on Euclid.....just take Euclid down to "almost" the 60 and you will see it on the left hand side.....couple blocks before the freeway. They have VP103 and 109 unleaded

Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EvilEmpirE
Keith, they sell it there......but the guy there is super shady, and charges arm and leg for it. Best bet is to get it from the VP Gas Station on Euclid.....just take Euclid down to "almost" the 60 and you will see it on the left hand side.....couple blocks before the freeway. They have VP103 and 109 unleaded
you are going right? get karl to go too...

Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
I just bought 100 octane unleaded at California Speedway a few weeks ago. It was around $7 a gallon I believe. I'm sure they have it, I've never seen them without.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:02 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FlyingLow
I just bought 100 octane unleaded at California Speedway a few weeks ago. It was around $7 a gallon I believe. I'm sure they have it, I've never seen them without.
you in for Saturday?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by drewTT
you are going right? get karl to go too...
trying to Bro......except that we are moving out of our house tomorrow (Friday) and I have to take the family to the Airport for their flight at 3 pm on Sat I'll see what i can do

PS. Why is this thread screwed up where all the reply posts start from the Top

Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
This sounds like a possibility. Right now there is still a 50/50 chance we are going to the river

I want to run my buddy with his ZR1 Vette. Nobody mention these things, but they make 500hp!!!
get him to come out......we'll be doing some runs locally in the next week as well

Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm waiting to hear from the wife if we have any other plans that I don't know about or remember. You know how that is. I've never raced or especially dragged the car but I'll give it a shot. Just got the GIAC race program (100 octane) installed a few days ago, could be interesting on the right fuel.

Originally Posted by drewTT
you in for Saturday?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
This thread sequence is giving me vertigo.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingLow
I'm waiting to hear from the wife if we have any other plans that I don't know about or remember. You know how that is. I've never raced or especially dragged the car but I'll give it a shot. Just got the GIAC race program (100 octane) installed a few days ago, could be interesting on the right fuel.
hey, the giac race file is actually meant to be ran on 103 octane to get the full benefit. i have ran it with 100 and it runs fine on it as well....

Old 06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
socal people - drag day this Saturday

we will be going to California Speedway for some drag racing. i would like to see some fellow 996tt guys show up...

here is the info:

NHRA STREET LEGAL DRAGS
WHO: Racers, spectators and media
WHAT: Auto Club Dragway - NHRA Street Legal Drags
WHEN: Saturday - June 30th
WHERE: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana. The quarter-mile Auto Club Dragway is located on the North side of the facility. INFORMATION: (909) 429-5060
TIME: Tickets go on sale 7:00 a.m. Tech inspection begins at 7:00 a.m. RACING begins at 9:00 a.m.
COST: General Admission is only $10, Kids 12 and under are Free, RACERS are $20
NOTES: This event is restricted to STREET LEGAL vehicles only. All racers must have mufflers and be registered for the street. Each vehicle must pass basic technical inspection for safety requirements and no vehicles that run quicker than 10 seconds. Racers, please no shorts, sandals or tank tops while racing. Also, no alcohol allowed.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
What happened to this thread? Its ALLLL garbled

Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
This sounds like a possibility. Right now there is still a 50/50 chance we are going to the river

I want to run my buddy with his ZR1 Vette. Nobody mention these things, but they make 500hp!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Are they going to be selling fuel there, or is there a place around Upland that sells it?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:48 PM
i believe they sell race fuel at the track but you should call to make sure. hope to see you there.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
There is a place in Pomona that sells race fuel. Not sure about at the speedway.

I know you can buy it @ Montclair Yamaha, either by the drum or they can probably pump it right into the car. They are usually pretty cheap too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: socal people - drag day this Saturday