996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Parts needed for deletion of clutch assist...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Parts needed for deletion of clutch assist...

Hey guys I need to know what parts I need to do the gt2 non assist clutch. I'm almost positive I need the gt3 clutch line and the slave cylinder from the gt2, is there anything else I need?

Old 06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
anyone, cmon guys need your help

Old 06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Justin,

You will need a GT2 fork - it's a mirror oppposite of the one pictured below, the GT2 slave (black slave in picture) and the line (also pictured). Then the accumulator is removed and the hydraulic assist line outlet is capped. The case has to be tapped for the slave mounting and you will require a rubber grommet to plug the hole created by the removal of the stock slave, as well. I'm pretty sure we used a GT2 master cylinder, too.

Last edited by John D; 06-28-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Thanks John, I need to do this ASAP with this clutch the pedal feel is terrrrrible, Any one else have any insight?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Is it feeling really hard before you start? If so you need a new accumulator. Cheap fix. I just had it done.

Or just too soft for your taste? Then you need to go the GT2 route...

Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Justin,

From what I have been told...this is the only way to eliminate the vague feel of the assisted clutch.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Some like it and some don't, my local guy went the unassisted route
and then quickly tore it out and went back to assisted.

do your research B4.

mK

Old 06-29-2007, 09:01 AM
My comments having used it daily for a month or so:

I happen to like it a lot. It definetely requires more effort to depress, but you become accustomed to it very quickly. If you spend a lot of time in heavy traffic, it would not be the best. Once in a while is absolutely fine-no problem, but every day for extended periods of time would get old, I'm sure. I don't have that issue, so for my routine, it works. Launching feels so much more direct and just overall better connected...no more guessing how and when it will grab. It provides a very predictable, repeatable and solid launching feel.

Last edited by John D; 06-29-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 AM
I have a Spec Stg 3+ clutch in the ar and it's just absolutly horrid the way it is but many people who have this clutch said that if you go the GT2 route it drives like stock, and the feel is so much more precise, I only drive the car once or twice a week if that so I don't mind the heavy pedal, to me it feels so much better. I drove Martin's Ruf Gt2 around the block once and I felt so much more comfortable in his car than my car after just taking it for a 5 min drive

Old 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have a definitive answer on the parts needed for this. I tried callin EVOMS several times and left voicemails and E-mails and they still haven't gotten back to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I want to start enjoying my car again! :-(

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Can't help.....but sure would appreciate hearing back when you get er done.
Clutch is one of the 2 things I've wanted to change since day 1.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Do you have a dual mass fly.?? if so, you will need a lwf, the dual mass doesn't like the Spec 3+, the lwf do, btdt.!! Also you will need a gt2/gt3 clutch master and slave, fork, some lines, etc., cheers, Sonny.

Originally Posted by jrgatfh
I have a Spec Stg 3+ clutch in the ar and it's just absolutly horrid the way it is but many people who have this clutch said that if you go the GT2 route it drives like stock, and the feel is so much more precise, I only drive the car once or twice a week if that so I don't mind the heavy pedal, to me it feels so much better. I drove Martin's Ruf Gt2 around the block once and I felt so much more comfortable in his car than my car after just taking it for a 5 min drive

Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I already have the LWF, I just want to know what is needed for the conversion thanks for the info!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jrgatfh
I already have the LWF, I just want to know what is needed for the conversion thanks for the info!
Justin PM Alex (Sharky) ... BTW i'm sure the clutch will feel awesome once converted and unassisted..