996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsches For Lunch . . . Any Time!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:56 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Porsches For Lunch . . . Any Time!!!!

I went to EuroSunday in Calabasas on June 24 and came upon a C5ZO6 with a ATI supercharger. As I was admiring the good looking car, I noticed that the license plate frame proudly boosted: “Porsches For Lunch”!!

I was compelled to address this public bravado. I complimented the ZO6 owner on his car and offered up my Porsche for his next meal. He eagerly and aggressively responded: “Any time!!!” We continued our exchange for a moment, during which he repeated his mantra: “Any time!!!” But for the high concentration of law enforcement in the area, I would have accepted his challenge then and there. After strolling around for a bit, I returned to where the ZO6 had been parked in order to exchange contact information with the owner, but he had departed.

I remembered that the ZO6 had the following written on his rear window: www.corvette-challenge.com. When I got home, I looked up the website and, low and behold, I found photos of the ZO6 and its proud owner (the photos were taken before he donned his “Porsches For Lunch” license plate frame):

Turns out that my man has won a few Corvette drag events. His winning times were generally in the mid 11s, with a couple of 11.2s. Given that these runs were made at LACR, which is universally considered the worst track in the country, this ZO6 is certainly capable of high 10s at a better track.

I dug a little further and discovered that my man is a member of Corvette Forums. He uses the moniker “Super Z1”. Upon reviewing his profile, I discovered the following about this Porsche eating ZO6:

The car has the following mods:

“ATI Procharger P1SC 8 PSI, Methanol, LG Pro's & High Flow Cats, Comp 220/224 Cam, AFR Dual Spring Kit, 42# Injectors, Vortech BOV, CYN-R-G Segmented Flywheel, 2900 Lb. RPS Clutch, DTE Brace & Hardened Shafts, GMPP Drilled Rotors, 6pt Roll Cage & More.”

The car made “596 RWHP” and “520 RWTQ”. However, according to one of his posts, the car has since been modded further and now makes approximately 630 rwhp (which is what the owner stated to me during our brief conversation).

As I suspected, the car is in fact capable of low 10s . . . the profile states: “Best ET: 10.92 Best MPH: 132.46.”

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=184890

Here are a couple of additional photos of the car:

Note the slicks and skinnies used for the drag runs. Its a good looking car.

Having completed my due diligence, I discreetly sent my new friend a polite, respectful and complimentary PM through Corvette Forums. In this PM, I complimented his car several times. I reminded the guy of his eagerness to run my Porsche, including his “any time” quote. I supplied the guy with my e-mail address and I asked him to contact me in order to arrange a “friendly run" ”for ****s and giggles." My PM could not have been any more polite and respectful.

I sent my PM on June 24. I can see on Corvette Forums that my Porsche eating friend logged on and received my PM. Yet, five days later and he has declined to respond. Notwithstanding his Porsche eating license plate frame and personal assurance that he would run me “any time” (repeated twice), the proud and confident ZO6 owner has declined to back up his bravado. He won’t even respond to my PM. Instead, he has gone radio silent. Suddenly, “any time” means “no way, never ever.”

I realized after the fact that my PM sent through Corvette Forums included my sig, which incorporates a link to detailed information about my car. Perhaps my Porsche eating friend recognized that he had bitten off more than he could chew and, rather than choke on his bravado, he elected to quietly walk away.

For the record, I have no problem with a guy declining to line up his car. That is everyone’s prerogative. However, if a guy drives around with a license plate frame proclaiming his ability to devour Porsches, and he thereafter offers to line up “any time,” he should, IMHO, back up his bravado, and his failure to do so is weak. He has a very fast car that has run some very impressive times, and he may well be faster than me. I am willing to accept the risk of being eaten. However, we will never know because this guy is unwilling to back up his talk. So be it.

Craig

Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Great story. I think you answered yourself, saw your stats and RAN. Darn, I was expecting an ending.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 AM
SikhGT3 is infamous around these parts
honestly.... why does it matter? are u that insecure about your car that you needed to stalk this guy and spend many hours researching and tracking him down on a corvette-forum? if i was the dude I'd think u were a psycho, and no way in hell meet up with u.. if your pissed off about a license plate.. what would you do if the dude beat u?

take a chill pill man.. som1 is always going to be faster/richer/smarter etc..

my .02

Old 06-29-2007, 04:13 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Someone tell Kirby that we have just found a new model for him to shoot!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:03 AM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Craig, perhaps he did his due diligence and realized... "oh $hiet, never mind"

Old 06-29-2007, 05:36 AM
hydeaway is infamous around these parts
Is it just me, that's A good looking man? The gold and the pinky ring just exudes hotness’s. Around my hometown "the chi" most proud corvette owners looks like this guy. Craig, if I had a chance to talk to this guy I would kindly suggest, to maybe stop modding his car and tend to self. Maybe suggest, a hair cut, polish the gold, a bigger earring, trip to the dentist, maybe the Mall. Sh%t, I have to go my wife is telling to jump in the shower.

Last edited by hydeaway; 06-29-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:44 AM
mmmmm is infamous around these parts
Maybe he license plate should just say, "can eat some porsches for lunch, not all" and he should be able to back that up. No?

Old 06-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hydeaway
Is it just me, that's A good looking man? The gold and the pinky ring just exudes hotness’s. Around my hometown "the chi" most proud corvette owners looks like this guy. Chris, if I had a chance to talk to this guy I would kindly suggest, to maybe stop modding his car and tend to self. Maybe suggest, a hair cut, polish the gold, a bigger earring, trip to the dentist, maybe the Mall. Sh%t, I have to go my wife is telling to jump in the shower.
The guy certainly needs help in the appearance area I agree but remember the topic at hand is the cars...not the fashion show.

Ah what the hell, I'll chime in on that topic ---- Just to be fair, I have seen my fair share of Pcar owners with the pink oxford collar turned up, sweater draped around the neck, garish wrist bracelets and pennyloafers without socks.......IMO, just as hideous an appearance as this guy.

Back to topic at hand--- Craig, this guy obviously does not expect to encounter too many cars like yours. Just let it go buddy. Cheers

Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 AM
rahrah is infamous around these parts
god at first i thought this was going to be a marriage proposal!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good humour Craig,

His car sounds very stout and would be a fun run for you.

We have a few of these around my area because there are a couple
of local shops building high HP C5's (Not the least of which is my friend
Leighton Reese who has raced Corvettes for years). I hope to see them
this summer in my area of "Mexico".

Marty K.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Craig
Obviosly the guy doesn't want to run you. You shouldn't have posted any info on yur car though ! ...

you should have reeled him in..

Now then, what i would do is call him out on the z06 forums BECAUSE of the fact that his plate clearly indicated he can devour a porsche "anytime"

call him out on it publicly, and then race him best of 3...
let him win the first, to get his ego up, then DESTROY him on the last 2 runs ..

that's what i do whenever i have G35 / acura/ bmw 330i guys talk crap about my Audi...

you can't take a gentlemen's approach to these kind of things, because you're obviosly not dealing with a gentleman

Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 AM
club411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the roughclub411 is a jewel in the rough
Is this robbie z06's long lost father?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Great story, what a puss!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
That is too funny

Old 06-29-2007, 08:21 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
For a second there, I thought it was tblackj, but then I remembered he does not have an earring. He looks just like him though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsches For Lunch . . . Any Time!!!!