996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Upgraded Turbo HP. What should I be putting down?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nigelquest
Ok. Im asking. How do you know The conversion was already done so honestly I dont know a lot about it. Thanks!
Nigel.
I have the parts in the workshop if you want to try AWD.

Neil

Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Right now with an Orton ECU flash and DVs, my 2 dynoed at 482 RWHP. I am waiting on a Europipe II (quiet) which will arrive in late July. Right now, I'm seeing an immediate and solid 1 bar after a slight wastegate adjustment. I'm hoping with the reduced back pressure, I will see a solid 1.1 to 1.2 bar with a 15 to 20 hp increase in hp. I will put her back on the dyno after the exhaust installation to see what type of increase the exhaust makes.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned
Good choice on the Europipe Mario

Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nigelquest
new or used? Do these have a stock look? Thanks.
The Bailey DVs I have are used. The car has 15k miles so I know they have seen no more than that, but I don't know when the original owner installed them. They are so hidden that I'm not sure a stock look is essential, but no, they look MUCH nicer than stock:

Jeff

Old 07-03-2007, 01:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
The Bailey DVs I have are used. The car has 15k miles so I know they have seen no more than that, but I don't know when the original owner installed them. They are so hidden that I'm not sure a stock look is essential, but no, they look MUCH nicer than stock:

Jeff
Orton can you work with these kind of DV's???

Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
digitekkz is infamous around these parts
I am having a similar setup install on my car but my tuner is telling me that .9 bar is a safe level. He is recommending me not to go pass one. Is he being to safe I want to achieve 500 rwhp also.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
digitekkz is infamous around these parts
Forgot to mention my setup, fvd exhaust,k24,dv,evo intake, and gt2 ic. My tuner is doing a custom dyno tune and saying that I should be at 475 hp. Which sounds a little underrated to me. Any inputs?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Heavychevy,

Many thanks for the writeup, what swaybars would you recommend going for? I plan to upgrade the suspension in the future once my extended warranty expires so i would need one competable with a moton suspension.

Thanks,

Enrique

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Well, I have a traqmate GPS laptimer system which I use when running track days at Road Atlanta and used it twice prior to going RWD, once while RWD. The times I ran AWD I was running plain old, worn Pirelli Pzero tires, the time RWD was with hoosiers.

Well I let the folks here at 6speed and Orton talk me into getting the RWD and from the moment I went full throttle, I knew something wasnt right, I drove back to the shop and told Neil the car felt sluggish at which point he said it was probably wheelspin. So I said okay, put the car on my trailer and left in preparation for the weekend at Road Atlanta.

Well in March of this year I ran time trials with NASA at Road Atlanta and the car was awesome, while running on the last leg of street tires I was 5th overall and other than a pro driving a 997 GT3 cup car and a former pro driving a built motor C6Z06 the other two cars were ahead of me by less than .7 sec and that was entirely due to tires. I could have gone even faster on the street tires but left the track after seeing that I went so much faster than I expected.

So I go back about a 45 days later with hoosiers and RWD expecting (from what I had heard of the RWD being more nimble, quicker, blah blah blah) to be MUCH faster than I was with the street tires. Well I went faster, but only by 2 seconds, which should have been more, much more. I went to pass a C6Z and where I would blow by in AWD, I was barely passing one on the straights and I didnt like that.

So I go home that night and look at my traqmate lap data which shows a map of the track with dots representing my track sessions and compare my March data with the most recent May data. What I saw shocked me, on the straight parts of the track, the dot representing my AWD sessions accelerated faster than the one representing my RWD data. I did acheive a better lap time but only due to the extra traction in the twisty areas. It wasnt like barely faster, it was quite a bit faster on the straights too. The worst part about the data was that with the RWD and hoosiers, I got a better exit out of the turn going into the straight and then the AWD would just walk it down on the straight, looked like two different cars, nothing DRAMATIC but more than enough to notice.

So needless to say I am back to being AWD and headed back to RA in two weeks to demolish my best time, which I am quite sure I can do. If you download traqview from traqmate.com I can send you my laps by email so you can see for yourself. If you listen to anyone else here you are getting results from butt dynos, what I have is concrete evidence to the contrary which I have yet to see someone else post some evidence that their car was faster after going RWD other than Dragsters that then put slicks or DR's on after doing so.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by digitekkz
Forgot to mention my setup, fvd exhaust,k24,dv,evo intake, and gt2 ic. My tuner is doing a custom dyno tune and saying that I should be at 475 hp. Which sounds a little underrated to me. Any inputs?

If that's all they get for all that then you need another tuner, seriously, just search around and you'll see that several people are getting more our of their cars for the money, and we arent talking about it being dangerous and blowing motors and such, safe, reliable, MONSTERS.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
so how many RWHP i should get with these upgrades?

I have Baileys D/V,PSI Exhaust,BMC High Flow filter,K24s, Headers,Evo silicone hoses,and upsolute tuning.
Did a AWD Dyno yesterday and got 435RWHP
When last year with k16s had RWHP 416
GAIN ONLY 20 HP FROM K16S&HEADERS?
IS THAT SOUND RIGHT?

Old 07-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Heavychevy,

Many thanks for the writeup, what swaybars would you recommend going for? I plan to upgrade the suspension in the future once my extended warranty expires so i would need one competable with a moton suspension.

Thanks,

Enrique
No Problem

H&R 25mm is what I have and they are AMAZING, completly transforms the handling of the car, I used to have really bad understeer and it's all but gone now, in fact I can actually throttle steer when I want to now. 3 way adjustable so if you have stiffness options there as well. I am an agressive driver and like to late apex but be WOT when I exit, this was causing me lots of understeer because I couldnt have any steering input and hit the gas or the car would push like crazy, but that is completely remedied. A lot of people are happy with the GT3 sways as well so keep that one in mind too.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:35 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Thanks for the information. We have the same style of driving, throttle steer...would you recomend both front and rear ?

Thanks,

Enrique

Originally Posted by heavychevy
No Problem

H&R 25mm is what I have and they are AMAZING, completly transforms the handling of the car, I used to have really bad understeer and it's all but gone now, in fact I can actually throttle steer when I want to now. 3 way adjustable so if you have stiffness options there as well. I am an agressive driver and like to late apex but be WOT when I exit, this was causing me lots of understeer because I couldnt have any steering input and hit the gas or the car would push like crazy, but that is completely remedied. A lot of people are happy with the GT3 sways as well so keep that one in mind too.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Billystang
I have Baileys D/V,PSI Exhaust,BMC High Flow filter,K24s, Headers,Evo silicone hoses,and upsolute tuning.
Did a AWD Dyno yesterday and got 435RWHP
When last year with k16s had RWHP 416
GAIN ONLY 20 HP FROM K16S&HEADERS?
IS THAT SOUND RIGHT?
NO, I havent dynoed mine but I know it's up there, the best way to test your car is to go to the drag strip honestly, see what it traps. Dyno's will worry you crazy withh all the correction factors, type of dyno etc. Just go make a coupld of runs. If your car doesnt trap 122 or higher you have a problem.

But IMO your car with those mods should never dyno that low. If that dyno is correct you will only be trapping 118 ish

Old 07-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Thanks for the information. We have the same style of driving, throttle steer...would you recomend both front and rear ?

Thanks,

Enrique
I only have rear and dont see a need for front because if you start to oversteer, and have the H&R all you do is soften it a bit. Only if you find that with the middle setting it still understeers and when you go stiffer it oversteers too much would I get the front sway as well. I dont have that problem.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned
Dez I think you just have a good tuner.

Neil

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Turbo HP. What should I be putting down?