996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Had your headlights stolen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 11:23 AM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Re: STOP TALKING ABOUT STOLEN LIGHTS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

Originally posted by oruehr
Guys,

The more you talk about this problem the more ricers will learn about the easy shopping for free lights on your street - or in your driveway.

I suggest you NEVER talk about this problem again - to anyone.

Think again if you think you'll make Porsche change the design.

The nice reporter from Miami probably contributed a great deal to spreading of the virus previously contained to the east coast to the west coast.

Do you think an article in a car magazine will make the problem better? Don't you think ricers want to own a Porsche? What percentage of them do think read Excellence for free at their local newsstand?

I suggest you all contact Excellence's editor and ask him not to run this story. Phone 415 382 0580, FAX 415 382 0587.

Information is a dangerous thing -- keep it out of the hands and minds of non Porsche owners.

I guess ignorance is bliss for some people. Hiding under the covers won't make this theft problem go away. Redesigning the xenon ballast assembly will deter these criminals from causing so much damage to the paint/body. So all Porsche engineers get cracking on a solution ASAP!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 10:50 PM
snesmith is infamous around these parts
thank you

I just wanted to let everyone here know that I'll be logging out of the forum. I've finished the article _ with special thanks to several people here who have posted information and messaaged me privately. Coral Gables, FL, police say their Porsche headlight theft reports have dropped dramatically since I wrote the first article for The Miami Herald, which was followed on several network television shows and in USA Today, I'm told. The local police attribute the drop to owner awareness _ people are being more careful to park in well-lit lots, etc. ANd the criminas know they're being watched.

I hope that means that people are still getting their information from local newspapers, where I firmly believe most people can get most of the information that's relevant to their lives.

And I hope folks here have found the information equally useful. I hope that Excellence readers do to. (as for the poster who urged people not to help me, I do hope that he one day realizes that honest unbiased information helps us all make better decisions each day)

Since I won't be checking the forum after this, anyone who wants to get in touch, please email me at susannahnesmith@yahoo.com or at my Herald address, snesmith@herald.com.

My next article is going to be about stolen stuff being sold on eBay and other online auctions. Got my first tip here. And I'd love to hear from anyone with stories.

Of course, anyone who sees the article in Excellence and has any comments _good or bad_ please email me.

Thanks for your help.
Susannah

Old 04-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for making theives aware of how easy it is to steal the light's...........
You did us all a great service............

Sorry, I had to say it. I hate the Florida media. Except for the weather girl on channel 7

Old 04-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: thank you

Originally posted by snesmith
...I hope that means that people are still getting their information from local newspapers, where I firmly believe most people can get most of the information that's relevant to their lives...
Dream on!

(Sorry... I simple hate the media. I feel it's a self serving, **** slinging, propaganda flogging, truth spinning, steaming pile of crap -> except for Bill O'Reilly of course.)