996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gt640 Or Gt700

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:15 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Yes, someone landed a great deal, with a custom tune by protomotive for less that 1/3 the cost of a gt700. That is great in mho; however, the responses that are posted are lacking in any substance and or condesending. Acutally, they are very immature and take away from this forum. The kit I sold is very complete and probably will run better than a regular GT700 since it has been custom tune on a dyno and many upgrades.
Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night?

Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL I need to :-)
Robert

Old 07-07-2007, 04:33 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
the responses that are posted are lacking in any substance and or condesending. Acutally, they are very immature and take away from this forum.
Like the erection thing you posted?

The kit I sold is very complete and probably will run better than a regular GT700 since it has been custom tune on a dyno and many upgrades.
Is this based on your expert knowledge or are you just guessing/assuming like you usually do.

I HIGHLY doubt your claims, EVOMS has taken years to develop and tune the GT700 to be dependable and powerful, you would make a great snake oil salesman though

Old 07-07-2007, 05:05 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12

Is this based on your expert knowledge or are you just guessing/assuming like you usually do.

I HIGHLY doubt your claims, EVOMS has taken years to develop and tune the GT700 to be dependable and powerful, you would make a great snake oil salesman though
Ummmm....can you tell us how you really feel?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:01 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Ummmm....can you tell us how you really feel?
I don't know how he feels but I just made reservations to sleep at a Holiday Inn.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
I don't know how he feels but I just made reservations to sleep at a Holiday Inn.
Knowing you...I would book it for a week...lol

Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Knowing you...I would book it for a week...lol

Old 07-07-2007, 08:22 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
What's with all the gay **** ?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:24 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute

I was implying that he was acting like erectile tissue because he made a remark about what I was selling. I basically sold everything off my GT 700 kit. From turbos, hoses, S Car Go Carbon fiber down pipe, S Car Go Y pipe, larger TBI, a different and larger plenium, well as you can see it was a very extensive list of items. So yes, for someone to make a remark about me only selling 1/3 of kit without the knowledge of the contents that were actually sold.. is uncalled for and biased.

Is this based on your expert knowledge Yes, it is expert knowledge! I know exactly what I sold. or are you just guessing/assuming like you usually do.

I HIGHLY doubt your claims, you can doubt my claims, it is irrelevant what you feel about what I sold. EVOMS has taken years to develop and tune the GT700 to be dependable and powerful, I agree with you 100% about EVOMS developing process and this was never a question. I had two options for who ever purchased the kit. One was based on the GIAC programing and the other was based on the Protomotive tuning. you would make a great snake oil salesman though Joe, I dont understand this personal attack? I feel the original remark about me selling only 1/3 of a kit was uncalled for.

I hope this will close the chapter.
Sincerely, Robert

Old 07-07-2007, 08:48 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope this will close the chapter.
Sincerely, Robert

Is this based on your expert knowledge Yes, it is expert knowledge! I know exactly what I sold. or are you just guessing/assuming like you usually do.

I HIGHLY doubt your claims, you can doubt my claims, it is irrelevant what you feel about what I sold.
As I stated previously, I do not believe that the 700 kit will be "more powerful" with your "new" tuning. do you have any proof to substatiate your claims, or is this just another "guesstimation" on your part?

you do realize that by making this claim, you're saying that EVOMS is either incapable or unwilling to get the max power out of their own kit?

Last edited by RennTechV12; 07-07-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM
KPG
As I stated previously, I do not believe that the 700 kit will be "more powerful" with your "new" tuning. do you have any proof to substatiate your claims, or is this just another "guesstimation" on your part?

you do realize that by making this claim, you're saying that EVOMS is either incapable or unwilling to get the max power out of their own kit?
A GT700 tuned by Proto isnt a gt700...no more than Scotts car tuned by EVO is a Proto 950....

Old 07-07-2007, 09:02 PM

This will never end? LISTEN, this kit (based on a GT 700) has more upgrades than the EVOMS GT 700. It has larger Y pipe, larger TBI and larger plenium similar to what I believe that is offered on the GT 750?? That is why I think (the Kit) what I sold will make more horsepower.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:12 PM
That is why I think
Thank you...you've answered my question!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by buddyg
Yes you are definately on the brink at 700 hp level. I would not go higher than say 600 flywheel hp with stock internals. Some have done 700's and been okay but I prefer the peace of mind that when I wind it up and drive it hard everything will stay together!

Thank you Buddy G ! So do you mean that for stock internal it is better to go as far as stage 4 rather than GT 640 or even GT 700?

Last edited by S4corrado996TT; 07-24-2007 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:15 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Corrado,

Buddy G is right, I am running low boost with my stock internals and am very
happy. Todd (either one) can set you up and keep you safe.
PE650 vs 700; Protomotive doesnt really have kits per say it is more of a custom build to your specs and needs. I.E. I wanted a my car mapped specifically for pump fuel since that is mostly what I run, straight 93 octane.
I also wanted my car kept quiet. I have the EVOMS style K24 headers and Europipe S2Quiet. (I also have a high boost setting that I have used only used once). If ultimate power was what I was after, then Todd (Knighton)
would have made his custom headers from scratch and custom Mufflers,
ala Markski, and Divexxtreme. I did not feel this necessary. I wanted a torquey street machine that would not have to hide from Z06's and modded
Vipers. Quiet, "stock looking", easy clutch, etc. That is what Todd built me.
I do have a large throttle body, upgraded fuel system, custom intake, Proto
Intercoolers and am poised quite well for "the future" if necessary.

Also, to clarify if someone buys a used GT700 kit you should ABSOLUTELY have EVOMS, IA, or Sharkdog
do your flashing and make it right.

Cheers,

Marty K.

Hey Marty thank you for the advice. Is your new found power is running on stock internal? Are you using K24/18g from Proto? Can you tell me what is crank horse power output on pump gas with your new setup? Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gt640 Or Gt700