996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2002 996 Turbo vs. Honda CBR600RR....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Jeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
People have to understand, rider and from a rolling start can determine the outcome. No doubt that means with a poor rider the bike is faster with a good one, but who can determine their skills in a spur of the moment run? Things are way different on the street, and especially from a 60mph pull no matter how fast their 1/4 mile or 0-60 numbers are..
I do agree with you. The fact is that for any two vehicles that are even close in performance, when you race on the street, the driver is THE determining factor. The better driver will win.

Years ago, my first bike was a Honda 650 with about 45 horsepower. All my buddies had bigger, newer bikes with at least double the horsepower and far superior suspensions, but when we would hit the twisties, I was always in the front. Why? Because I had track experience and even took a road racing course at Bridgehampton, LI with Mike Baldwin. On paper, they obliterated me to the point that I should have gone home rather than ride with them, but on the road, their superior equipment was no match for a superior rider .

Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ

you didnt beat the bike, you beat the rider.

CBR900RR PERFORMANCE
Measured top speed: 158 mph
0-1/4 mile: 10.73 sec. @ 124.56 mph
it looks like I beat both, as my car traps faster than that and has a higher top speed. I trapped 126 before my lastest mods. I walked away from this guy in 3 races from 70-130.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dgussin1
it looks like I beat both, as my car traps faster than that and has a higher top speed. I trapped 126 before my lastest mods. I walked away from this guy in 3 races from 70-130.
All about the rider, he has to know when to shift, also his weight makes a difference, there are alot of variables.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Jeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the roughJeff_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dgussin1
Clearly, you have a very fast car . I was just comparing your 1/4 times in your sig to the posted times from the bike. Not an easy kill, congrats

My experience on the CBR900RR is limited to about 200 miles on a buddies and the thing I remember the clearest is how hard it was to keep the front wheel near the ground on any hard launches. It was a very short wheelbase for a motor that size at the time.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
All about the rider, he has to know when to shift, also his weight makes a difference, there are alot of variables.
its a 2006 Honda CBR600RR. He can't pop wheelies and did it a few times on accident... Does that put him at a below average rider? man this is going to be fun... if I dont pull on him this time I have a feeling i'll be looking into some turbos shortly

Old 07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
^^^^definitely...

if you can convince him to race you in flipflops, a tank top and basketball shorts - then he's a squid as well

Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by ssmugen
its a 2006 Honda CBR600RR. He can't pop wheelies and did it a few times on accident... Does that put him at a below average rider? man this is going to be fun... if I dont pull on him this time I have a feeling i'll be looking into some turbos shortly
Sounds to me like he will be lucky to make it to "Mexico" without wrecking if he cant control when he does a wheelie.

Just tell him that if he gets in front of you, you will run him over WHEN you catch up to him. That will make him think twice about passing you.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
Sounds to me like he will be lucky to make it to "Mexico" without wrecking if he cant control when he does a wheelie.

Just tell him that if he gets in front of you, you will run him over WHEN you catch up to him. That will make him think twice about passing you.
LOL u guys are killin me....

Old 07-05-2007, 04:46 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Sorry guys when i said try it 200, i was taking KPH, not Miles...I am Canadian...

Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
maybe he should carry a spair tire and jack ... and might aswell add two more tires...... bike vs car who cares ???

Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by steve harris
maybe he should carry a spair tire and jack ... and might aswell add two more tires...... bike vs car who cares ???
i dont know about that....i usually find it exciting when a bike wants to play....they are almost always cool guys and give a thumbs up

Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM
NDP23 is infamous around these parts
On a bike its all about the launch...and keeping the front wheel down....if the bike is setup for dragging...u might get embarassed...lol....roll ons same thing...but honeslty most liter bikes today I think you will have a tough time even if there on 1 wheel

Old 07-05-2007, 05:42 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
just make the run end around 130-150...youll be ahead by that time...but untill about 80, he will look like he is definitely pulling...then around 100 you should start to reel, and then it just gets funny...

Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
He's below average so I take back what I said, you may actually take the squid!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JWC
He's below average so I take back what I said, you may actually take the squid!
I think newbie is a better term.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2002 996 Turbo vs. Honda CBR600RR....