996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT versus Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Bestof5 is infamous around these parts
996TT versus Audi RS6

Does anyone have real world performance data on how the TT does against a RS6?

This past weekend, I ran my 996TT x50 against a RS6 that was "chipped & Exhaust" both from stand still and rolling around 50ish. TT really performed on the rolling starts, but the RS6 had a stronger showing from the stand still, but still ended up behind.

Also, what is the approximate speed in 4th gear, around 5800 RPM in the TT with stock wheel size?

Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
the RS6 is a beast.. but he had to have some serious mods to pull away from a TT

rs6 w/ chip and exhaust should be around 540-560hp and similar torque

the chip alone is good for around 520hp, but the car weighs 2 tons.. and has a huge drive train loss
amazing machine nevertheless

i had a guy who was a huge car collector, picked up an m6, traded his rs6 for it, and claimed his rs6 was MUCH faster ...
wierd i guess

Old 07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Just wait till the new RS6. It is going to have a twin-turbo V10. Add a chip to that and it will be gone. What is strange is that the demmand for RS6's is higher now that it was when the car was released in '03. With tranny and ECU software along with a good exhaust, not just catback, the RS6 is a beast.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:36 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
around 148mph

Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
I would say a chip and exhaust will bring in about 520-530 crank hp on an RS6. I would say it can hang with 911 turbo X50 at best but the 911 should take it.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I have two friends with modded RS6's..and there's no way a modded RS6 is going to hang with a stock 996TT X50. Even with exhaust, tune and whatever else you do to them...they still barely trap over 112 mph. They feel fast to the driver because of the torque, but in reality they're complete dogs.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-08-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:27 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I think I may be qualified to chime in here...haha

The RS6 with chip (both tranny and engine), downpipes and catback will push an easy 550-570 hp depending on the tune. They can be amazingly fast and that TTv8 by cosworth really performs...against a stock x50, I would say it should be damn near even...BUT...just the chip alone, the rs6 will definitely fall behind...and about the RS6 feeling faster than alot...well, its got 419 ft lbs of torque from the factory...thats pretty sizable for a family sedan from 2003...haha

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
sechsgang,

I guess that's what I was trying to say, I figured I could chime in as well.

2002 911 TT
and 2003 RS6

Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^^^I talked to Tommy about the cf sportec steering wheel pedals...why cant we get those things????

BTW, going for the alcon brake kit...have you had any problems with your brakes??

Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I have two friends with modded RS6's..and there's no way a modded RS6 is going to hang with a stock 996TT X50. Even with exhaust, tune and whatever else you do to them...they still barely trap over 112 mph. They feel fast to the driver because of the torque, but in reality they're complete dogs.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Former Vendor
sechsgang,

Not many problems with the brakes yet, I don't get the fade everyone is talking about ...as for the carbon fiber shifters I have them they broke after taping on them once.... so for $550 they suck no warranty either...

Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you. I have raced alot of RS6, both modded and standard and they dont stand at chance against a 996tt. They are to heavy and the transmission loss is enormous!

Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
I agree with you. I have raced alot of RS6, both modded and standard and they dont stand at chance against a 996tt. They are to heavy and the transmission loss is enormous!
+1.

Anyone on this forum that has a modded RS6, please take it to the dragstrip and film your runs. I don't think you'll run better than 12.4 @ 112 mph....which is only in 997S territory.

Prove me wrong, boys.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-09-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:10 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
+1.

Anyone on this forum that has a modded RS6, please take it to the dragstrip and film your runs. I don't think you'll run better than 12.4 @ 112 mph....which is only in 997S territory.

Prove me wrong, boys.
A RS6 with chip,filter and exhaust will run a very high 12 or a flat 13sek at the quarter mile.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
+1.

Prove me wrong, boys.
there was a modded rs6 at LACR that could only trap 102. i trapped 117.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT versus Audi RS6