996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mark, Spill The Beans About Your Recent Accomplishments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
good luck buddy! My fingers are crossed for ya...

PS Check on the weight thing again. Remember the 01 in "stock" fashion weighs 3340 so you must have been closer to the 3000 pound mark than the 3260 because with all that stuff out and RWD it's likely closer to the 3K mark. You can easily get it down a bit more so best of luck!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I'm not ready yet to celebrate... It has to be done first. we are still working out a few lingering problems... Yes the car is puting down a little more then b4. It is also slightly more responsive... We will shoot for some 60 to 130s hopefully tonight if its stops raining... Axles are holding
mark
Glad to hear things are progressing well Mark. Good luck with your runs tonight.

Craig

Old 07-10-2007, 07:08 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster

Remember the 01 in "stock" fashion weighs 3340 so you must have been closer to the 3000 pound mark than the 3260 because with all that stuff out and RWD it's likely closer to the 3K mark.
I would agree....its probably closer to 3000 than 3200.....hell my car is getting close to high 3200 and there isn't a thing out of the interior.Maybe check it again just to be sure.Joe

Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Well, I will spill the beans for him.... You guys are all toast once he gets his DUB 30's drag rims... Just surrender now my friends

Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Well, I will spill the beans for him.... You guys are all toast once he gets his DUB 30's drag rims... Just surrender now my friends
Dude...I thought I asked you to keep Mark and my new drag setup to yourself?

Damn...you can't trust anyone these days...

Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Dude...I thought I asked you to keep Mark and my new drag setup to yourself?

Damn...you can't trust anyone these days...

Please dont ban me.....I didnt tell anyone your rims were pink with rhinestones..ooops

Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
good luck buddy! My fingers are crossed for ya...

PS Check on the weight thing again. Remember the 01 in "stock" fashion weighs 3340 so you must have been closer to the 3000 pound mark than the 3260 because with all that stuff out and RWD it's likely closer to the 3K mark. You can easily get it down a bit more so best of luck!
My car was 3480 lbs with 1/3 gas with full interior , gt3 seats, RWD, but no rear bumper right before I took it from Chicago- I had it corner balanced. . This was on stock turbo wheels and stock axles. Then I took it to Tulsa and took out the carpets and door panels. I also installed the lighter battery and pulled out the front bumper. Then we installed really heavy alxes... I went to a truck stop it and it showed 3080 lbs. After we broke some axles I took the car to Protomotive and it came in 3260 lbs. ?????? we are missing 200 lbs. I dont get it.
anyways... Ill figure it out sooner or later.
I got some good news but need some confirmation b4 I post.
best,
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 07-11-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
well its a good and a bad thing.... We can't put that to the ground ...... so it will run probably only 900 rwhp... even with the MTs its still breaking loose...
I know Todd dynoed 860 rwhp at 19 psi. He worked a bit on the dip as well.
Im shooting for a 150 trap thats all. It really comes down on how much boost one is willing to run and I do not want to go past 1.5 bars.
The weight is really killing me if I want to run a good 9 sec. run. I know I posted b4 that the car was 3080 lbs. but that was at a truck stop. Later Todd corner balanced the car and it was something like 3260 lbs without driver.
I only took out the carpets and side panels, put in gt3seats, took off the bumpers and swithced to a light battery. Im also RWD. The one thing that adds weight are the huge axles, a pair of GT35rs and the 447 mm tial WGs.
If I would drop to 3000 lbs I think would run some real good numbers but for now Im looking at 9.8s...
looks liek this weekend if it doesnt rain and if everything holds up...
markski
Truck stop scales are VERY vague and you will almost always some in way lighter than a real corner balance scale. That's the way it is. I got a 60lb difference from a track scale that was truck stop like to going to the real deal corner scales.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Good luck Mark I know you can do it brother!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
NHRA certified tracks have very accurate raceweight scales in the scrutineering sheds.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
My car was 3480 lbs with 1/3 gas with full interior , gt3 seats, RWD, but no rear bumper right before I took it from Chicago- I had it corner balanced. . This was on stock turbo wheels and stock axles. Then I took it to Tulsa and took out the carpets and door panels. I also installed the lighter battery and pulled out the front bumper. Then we installed really heavy alxes... I went to a truck stop it and it showed 3080 lbs. After we broke some axles I took the car to Protomotive and it came in 3260 lbs. ?????? we are missing 200 lbs. I dont get it.
anyways... Ill figure it out sooner or later.
I got some good news but need some confirmation b4 I post.
best,
mark
yeah dude just get it re-weighed more accurately.. I just weighed a bone stock 2001 here and with full interior and it was 3383 without the driver and over half a tank of gasoline....

Old 07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
A little birdie told me my 4.9 second 60-130 got beat last night.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
If that birdie is the carrier of good, credible news........HOLY ****!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
If that birdie is the carrier of good, credible news........HOLY ****!!!
Scott's post alone has the aura of credibility, plus he would be the last person to share that bit of information being that he was the one holding the 4.9 60-130 time.

Way to go Markski!!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
you better get back out there then

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mark, Spill The Beans About Your Recent Accomplishments