996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video: 9.911 Sec. @ 145.64 Mph

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AsianImage
Very cool. So you simply disengage the front wheels...so all the power and torque goes to the rear like a normal non turbo porsche. Awesome.
not quite.. i do have a full rwd conversion.. no diff.....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-17-2007, 10:41 PM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Awesome run!!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
you need an LSD or some kind of locker with all of that power. If you switched back to AWD you would have to use tires with the same rolling diameter which i would think would be hard to find.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazy1323
you need an LSD or some kind of locker with all of that power. If you switched back to AWD you would have to use tires with the same rolling diameter which i would think would be hard to find.
No he doesn't. Both rear wheels still turn with an open differential (as you can see in the video).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-18-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:58 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Hey bud, probably not. The TX Jam was supposed to be in the winning city (or so I thought) and so I'm not sure why it's in Dallas again this year. I put about 20 - 30 miles on my car every month and so driving it to Dallas probably won't happen. Partly due to the fact that she has no miles but more so b/c it's very difficult to dedicate a full weekend when you have tough work and family obligations.

Hope to meet you one day soon.

Peter

Originally Posted by robmd99
Peter
Are you going to be at the Texas Jam
Robert

Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So who was driving? Not markski? I have never understood the build fast car for other to drive concept. Someone enlighten me.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Heavy, just noticed your sig, why do you think a RWD Porsche turbo is a no no?

Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Heavy,

The car was built and rebuilt down south, Markski has a job like most of us (in Chicago)
and couldn't fly down every time they had his new axles in or new clutch in
(they tried several of each). Unless your tuner is out your back door, sometimes this is the only way to get it done.

MK

Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Heavy,

The car was built and rebuilt down south, Markski has a job like most of us (in Chicago)
and couldn't fly down every time they had his new axles in or new clutch in
(they tried several of each). Unless your tuner is out your back door, sometimes this is the only way to get it done.

MK
I see, that's understandable. It will be even better when Markski drives the 9 himself. I asked because there are still some guys, notably viper guys that build humongous power and NEVER touch the drivers seat at the track, that is completely pointless to me.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Heavy, just noticed your sig, why do you think a RWD Porsche turbo is a no no?
There is a huge thread of me and Scott (divexxtreme) going back and forth on this subject, I wont hijack another thread, but the short of it is that I lost straight line speed by removing the input shaft only to try out the RWD, A LOT OF SPEED. And I cant see how the additional conversions (LSD, front diff removal) will make it all back up.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Heavy,

Markski is a true driver, I rode with him in his
10 second Mitsu EVO and it is insane.
He daily drives both of them as they are his source of transportation
in downtown Chicago no less!

MK

Old 07-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I see, that's understandable. It will be even better when Markski drives the 9 himself. I asked because there are still some guys, notably viper guys that build humongous power and NEVER touch the drivers seat at the track, that is completely pointless to me.
I personally have about 100 1/4 runs in my porsche... just not in this current set up.... like Marty said.... Im in Chicago, the tuner is in arkansas.... the track that will let us run is in Tulsa.... fortunatley my tuners friend hooked up the track so they dont get on us for all the safety equipment... furthermore... it was supposed to be a one day deal the first time ... however, my tuner drove the car( I cant say no to him hehe) then my my friend Bobby... 3 runs and the axles broke... I didnt even get a chance. so the car stayed at some point wiht bobby and at some point with my tuner. we broke 3 sets of axles and had some other minor issues. Unfortunately I work on the weekends and the track is only open on fri and sat....
this car is a handful... my tuner is scared himself. In due time I will some seat time and attempt the 1/4.
I think we will surprise some very soon....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 07-19-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I personally have about 100 1/4 runs in my porsche... just not in this current set up.... like Marty said.... Im in Chicago, the tuner is in arkansas.... the track that will let us run is in Tulsa.... fortunatley my tuners friend hooked up the track so they dont get on us for all the safety equipment... furthermore... it was supposed to be a one day deal the first time ... however, my tuner drove the car( I cant say no to him hehe) then my my friend Bobby... 3 runs and the axles broke... I didnt even get a chance. so the car stayed at some point wiht bobby and at some point with my tuner. we broke 3 sets of axles and had some other minor issues. Unfortunately I work on the weekends and the track is only open on fri and sat....
this car is a handful... my tuner is scared himself. In due time I will some seat time and attempt the 1/4.
I think we will surprise some very soon....
markski
Cool, good to know you are not one of those kind.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Mark
You never suprise me!!! I know you have a beast hmm a burly one indeed I am glad that you are breaking new ground for me to follow in without spending a ton in R&D... for this I am truly thankful!
Fraternally
Robert

Old 07-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter,

You might meet Rob this Sat....

Congrats again, Mark.

Your single minded obsession to this goal was impressive.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: 9.911 Sec. @ 145.64 Mph