996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Going To NYC...Need Suggestion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 06:34 PM
AdamB is infamous around these parts
Del Frisco's is awesome also for steaks.

You NEED to go to Daniel's for food while in NYC. Simply the best restaurant in NYC, and one of the best restaurants in the world.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Robert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to behold
If you wish to stay "midtown/upper east side" stay at The Carlyle. If you prefer downtown, stay at The Mercer in Soho. New York's best steakhouse is Peter Lugar. As to French cuisine, Daniel is good, but you might also consider La Grenouille or Le Bernardin. Finally, if you are in NY on a Saturday, have lunch at Nello's (696 Madison) as the "scene" is the best in town.

Last edited by Robert Linton; 04-18-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:59 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the Carlyle, no other hotel compares for style and classic Art Decco appeal...It's expensive, but the service is impeccable.

Old 04-18-2004, 12:32 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
don't like the W, try The Benjamin if you want larger rooms.

Nobu is very overrated imho.

Manhattan of course has plenty of good eating. if you are out late (2am +) try grabbing a bite in Chinatown -- very good after a night of drinks

Old 04-18-2004, 01:08 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alamein
try grabbing a bite in Chinatown -- very good after a night of drinks
Oh no...Korea Town is so much better! he he! That's a biased opinion of course! Much better for you as well. The stuff in China Town is too greasy and will make you suffer even more the next day.

Let me know if you need any specific places!

Old 04-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
The Hilton is not in a bad spot. Centrally located. Go to Hotels.com to get the best rates for a room and to help you out with location. Although we live only an hour South of NYC, we get in at number of times a year to see a show, dinner, and just to generally get away from the kids for a weekend.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:13 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Oh no...Korea Town is so much better! he he!
Korea "Town" or Korea "Street"?

but you're right, I agree ... my GF is Korean so have eaten there many times and there are some good places.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Bob M is infamous around these parts
I'll chime in on this one too. I am working on opening a new location at 5th Ave and 54th St and I usually stay in the Times Square area. Since this is work related, I can't get too over the top, so I request, either the "Renaissance Times Square" or the "Novotel". Last week I stayed at "The Time" and a couple weeks before that at the "Premier" which is the executive side of the "Broadway Millenium". It all depends on who is offering the best rates at the time.

Re Steakhouses .... I throw a couple of suggestions out that haven't been mentioned. Gallagher's Steakhouse located right next to the Novotel is quite good. And, last Thursday night, I ate at the restaurant in the Monkey Bar, which served a dynamite NY Strip Steak -- made a pretty good Manhattan too!

Italian .... On 54th between 4th and 5th, is what is in my humble opinion one of the best Italian restaurants in the city, called BICE. Sante Calandri is the Maitre d and will take good care of you.

Japanese ... As has been said there are several good places, but if you want something more than a typical sushi restaurant, try Nippon Soba on 52nd street. I was introduced to this place by one of my Japanese colleagues and am hooked on it. I usually eat at least one meal there every time I come to the city.

Old 04-19-2004, 02:42 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
wahahaha...
i'm writing all these infos down guys ^___^
thank you soooooo much for all the information...

i bet i'll have a great time over there...^^
i might even fall in love with NY after this trip...and then decide to work there after all...wahahaha

Old 04-19-2004, 02:45 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
kevin,
have u printed these 3 pages out. best NYC tour guide ever!

Old 04-19-2004, 03:20 AM
gregy is infamous around these parts
I've lived in NY forever. I am a big oriental food fan. New York has one of the best selections anywhere.

One thing to add about NY Sushi, Nobu is a great place without a doubt. You will eat things there that is not available anywhere else. I tried the one in Vegas, just as good.

Blue Ribbon(119 Sullivan St) has some of the highest quality sushi around, small place and the wait is crazy sometimes. An alternative is Yamas, it is about 3-4 blocks from Blue Ribbon in the Village/Soho. Great place, awesome sushi, you will not be dissapointed. Most people I've taken to eat enjoyed this place more than Blue Ribbon. The street address is 92W Houston Street. Both restaurants are in the village. If you can handle it do both, you will not be dissapointed in Yamas.

Chinatown in NY has a lot of new restaurants, not what you would expect. I would recommend you stroll around and check it out. PM me if you need any advice, directions and such. Have a good trip.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Bob M

Re Steakhouses .... I throw a couple of suggestions out that haven't been mentioned. Gallagher's Steakhouse located right next to the Novotel is quite good. And, last Thursday night, I ate at the restaurant in the Monkey Bar, which served a dynamite NY Strip Steak -- made a pretty good Manhattan too!

Spark's Steakhouse is good...Just watch your back!!!

Old 04-19-2004, 06:14 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
Luting, I have good news for you!! Got you a great deal at The Plaza. Heading out to see the Giants but I get you more details later

Old 04-20-2004, 03:40 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
thanx a lot keoni1978 ^______________^
i love u...wahahahaha