996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Umw 3a

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Despite the iphones lackings, it has definitely redefined a me-too, has-been, nothing-new-here industry... when a next gen iphone comes out, I will get one of those too! hehehe... yup, the lack of corp email sucks (although if your corp does IMAP it does work, mine does not, and we "produce" that popular corporate mail server).

Old 07-18-2007, 01:50 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
Despite the iphones lackings, it has definitely redefined a me-too, has-been, nothing-new-here industry... when a next gen iphone comes out, I will get one of those too! hehehe... yup, the lack of corp email sucks (although if your corp does IMAP it does work, mine does not, and we "produce" that popular corporate mail server).
Luckily i havent held one in hand yet, otherwise i would probably shell out for it too :-)
we'll see what apple has out by the time i can score an HTC Kaiser

Old 07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I'm actually successful in reading/sending email through your "popular email server" with (IMAP) 1and1.com using my iphone...

Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
waiting for pics and sounds on this! Hope you fixed your issue..

M

Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
The car is now at the dealership getting the filler neck solenoid fixed so that I can fill it back up... hehehe.... it sounds great, builds boost fast, and I'm certain it will be a rocket ship when it's broken in. I now have to put a few miles of higher boost on it. It's important to run in the Zero Clearance turbos so that the compressor wheel doesn't get planted in the abradable surface. The wheel expands as it gets hot, so giving it a progession of low boost for miles wears it in to the coating, then more boost makes it hotter and bigger and you wear it into the coating, then finally high boost makes it hotter and its "maximum" size, and the final mating of the compressor wheel and the abradable coating in the turbo housing is complete.

If you don't go through all progressive boost and wear in stuff the compressor wheel can get get to big to fast and swell beyond what has been worn into the abradable coating... and you stick the wheel. I don't want to do that and have to wait (or pay) for Kevin to fix them and give me an "i told you so" so I've been running them in slowly... .2 bar.... .4 bar... .7 bar... I hit 1 bar for a few moments and backed off... but soon... it will be ***** to the walls 1.3 bar of love!

Seth

Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I like that; 1.3 bars of love...

I am also anxious to try 1.4 bars of love!

Good luck with the car.

MK

Old 07-19-2007, 01:00 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I like that; 1.3 bars of love...

I am also anxious to try 1.4 bars of love!

Good luck with the car.

MK
Hey Marty, You better get a suspension under that car! Those little 951s running up your **** at the track on the turns this week was my team of angry turbos Karl was looking for you but never found ya.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
PDoc,

Good Humour, honestly I was learning as I went (never been before)
and I was on my street tires that I drove there on (long story) and
I broke (2) pieces on my JIC Cross suspension on the track.
I am not making excuses but I had all I could do just to keep up with
"myself". Awesome track, lots of great drivers (including those 951's),
as well as many others in that run group we were in!

Cheers,

Marty K.

Sorry for the O.T. but at Road America I ran into alot of fellow 6speed and Rennlist
folks on the track doing what these cars are made for.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:07 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Any numbers yet?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:37 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damn sounds like such a sick setup, can't wait to see more impressions and please take some videos

Old 08-18-2007, 07:30 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Question, does the GT3 RS crank weigh less than the stock turbo crank?

Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robmd99
Question, does the GT3 RS crank weigh less than the stock turbo crank?
No. near enough the same-if anything it could be heavier.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks
I thought it might be lighter to allow the motor to rev higher. Thanks for your input.
Robert