996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

leaded fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
leaded fuel

there is a place nearby that sells 100 unleaded and 110 leaded at the pump.

will it be ok to run 5 gallons of 100 unleaded with 5 gallons of 110 leaded?

i dont want to kill my cats, so do you guys think this is a pretty safe mixture?

Old 07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
no. no lead. it'll just take twice as long to kill your cats.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
Don't do it, it'll ruin the 02 sensors as well as the cats. Did it on my 993TT and learned and expensive lesson.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bodybag
Don't do it, it'll ruin the 02 sensors as well as the cats. Did it on my 993TT and learned and expensive lesson.
how many times did you fill it up like that before you had issues?

i plan to do this only once in a couple months...

Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
1 time. Filled it with 5 gallons of leaded race fuel on an otherwise empty tank. Ran it until it was near empty and never did it again. 02 sensors were throwing codes a day later and I had to replace the cats (with straight pipes ).

The leaded fuel had no noticeable improvement over unleaded race fuel, so I wouldn't recommend trying it considering the possible/likely expense.

Old 07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bodybag
1 time. Filled it with 5 gallons of leaded race fuel on an otherwise empty tank. Ran it until it was near empty and never did it again. 02 sensors were throwing codes a day later and I had to replace the cats (with straight pipes ).

The leaded fuel had no noticeable improvement over unleaded race fuel, so I wouldn't recommend trying it considering the possible/likely expense.
i have the race file which runs optimum on 103 octane. the problem is that you can't get 103 octane at the pump anywhere and i am even having a hard time finding it in cans somewhere close by...

so i was thinking that mixing in a couple gallons of 110 leaded, would net me 103 octane overall....

Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Sure, and the Chinese saved some bucks
putting antifreeze in the toothpaste.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drewTT
i have the race file which runs optimum on 103 octane. the problem is that you can't get 103 octane at the pump anywhere and i am even having a hard time finding it in cans somewhere close by...

so i was thinking that mixing in a couple gallons of 110 leaded, would net me 103 octane overall....
I dont know why you keep asking considering the comments above.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drewTT

You call VP Motorsports and they tell you your local racefuel depot. You buy VP 103 and Bob's your auntie.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Weinstein
Sure, and the Chinese saved some bucks
putting antifreeze in the toothpaste.
maybe you have problems with reading comprehension; i never said it was a matter of cost. i said i could not find 103 octane gas anywhere. thanks for playing though...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Whatever, no offense. Let's just say it was more *convenient* to
add antifreeze... whatever your reasons, your idea was DOA. I
wish you the best of luck and ease in getting the unleaded you
need.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:45 AM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
you can order fuel drums from VP fuels and have them delivered to your house (believe up to 118aki).

hope this helps. good luck.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:43 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That is what I did.
Went to VP Racing fuels website, called the distributor for my area,
and found out who sells it close to me. Called ordered a drum and then
started "beating up" on my buddy's Ford GT. Easy simple. NO LEAD!!

MK

Old 07-28-2007, 10:09 AM
thanks guys, i will call VP...didn't know i could do that....

Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
I have no cats and my ECU is programed not to throw checks due to the cats, Can I do that mixture suggested? Will It be a good improvement?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: leaded fuel