996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TOPPORSCHE
I love my 996 Turbo, but let me tell you a M6 or M5 with Active Auto ECU (NO SPEED LIMITER) and ASR Engineering NOS kit will give any 911 turbo porsche with or without mods a run for the money and thats spending aprox $5,000 in mods.....My 2006 M5 ran an 11.6 @ 126 mph with a 100 shot on 20 inch aftermarket wheels....
My Stage 2 996TT with only intake, exhaust and a chip ran that exact same time.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
+1............

Old 07-31-2007, 07:08 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i gotta say...they ARE beasts...we were out this weekend and joeyg and i were on our way to KOP bimmer meet and this other guy we were with who has his dads m6 cam flying by me (doing 140 at the time) at 165, and it sounded pretty good too! rather have a 911 turbo any day tho..much better looking car and modding is so much easier.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SallyMobile
What exactly don't you like about it? Looks friendly enough to me.

my dad owns a 645ci vert.

my favorite quote on the looks comes from C&D "looks like an angry catfish"
still love it though.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Looks are obviously a personal choice and I think the M5 and M6 and ugly. +1 on that nose on the M6 looks like an anteater!

Also the guy with the NOS'd M car there are alot of modded 911 turbos on this forum running 10's in the quarter and
at least 2 running 9's, plus I have never liked NOS cause it runs out!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
The M6 is no joke. It's right there with a stock 997TT from a roll.
Ahh, but it is for you

Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
to each his own as far as taste goes..as far as NOS is concerned it's not for everyone, i personally feel NOS is just like steriods false power/strength..yes your car is fast as long as the NOS keeps going in, same goes for steriods sure you can bench 500lb as long as you keep injecting steriods... without either the truth will come out..but in the end, as i first stated ..to each his own....

Old 07-31-2007, 08:29 PM
TOPPORSCHE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by buddyg
Looks are obviously a personal choice and I think the M5 and M6 and ugly. +1 on that nose on the M6 looks like an anteater!

Also the guy with the NOS'd M car there are alot of modded 911 turbos on this forum running 10's in the quarter and
at least 2 running 9's, plus I have never liked NOS cause it runs out!
First of all Im not taking anything away from the Porsche, but lets not forget the M5 is a heavy 4 door sedan also I think it ran very well considering it was on 20 inch wheels and it was our first time at the track.

I didnt make my post to say BMW M5/M6 vs. Porsche 996 turbo, my point was that considering the M5 is a heavy 4 door car it is very impressive, and it is 200 mph capable from factory (aside from the US cars with speedlimiter).

Also if a M5 or M6 with the NOS/ECU package comes across one of our modded porsches it will give you a very good run and may even suprise you. But at the same time they are totally different cars. I do agree the Porsche is awsome and much nicer to look at over the BMW and its much more fun to drive in most cases.

Also as for the NOS vs. turbo, I totally agree with most of you I much rather prefer turbo power over NOS, but on the M5 it is a very cheap alternative and it seems to work very well with the BMW V10.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Scott what was your best time with the Supra......BTW car is great so far, getting ready to intall an AEM......

Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drewTT
no way man! you can't honestly like the m6 nose can you?
I like it better as a whole than the M5. I dont really like any of the Bangle designs all that much, but the M6 looks better than the M5.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speednme
to each his own as far as taste goes..as far as NOS is concerned it's not for everyone, i personally feel NOS is just like steriods false power/strength..yes your car is fast as long as the NOS keeps going in, same goes for steriods sure you can bench 500lb as long as you keep injecting steriods... without either the truth will come out..but in the end, as i first stated ..to each his own....
HAHAHAH That's an awesome correlation. Personally NOS is for Street Racers (hustlers) and drag racers. I'm a road racer. There is a story of a local who used NOS on the straights at road atlanta to blast away from all the skilled drivers that were riding his tail in the turns, at least until he ran out.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I love my 996 Turbo, but let me tell you a M6 or M5 with Active Auto ECU (NO SPEED LIMITER) and ASR Engineering NOS kit will give any 911 turbo porsche with or without mods a run for the money and thats spending aprox $5,000 in mods.....My 2006 M5 ran an 11.6 @ 126 mph with a 100 shot on 20 inch aftermarket wheels....

Also for anyone that says youll blow the motor with NOS, my M5 has aprox 20,000 miles and no issues what so ever and I do use the NOS. Also there are several M5 and M6's running upto 150 shot and so far no issues.....Not to mention these cars are rock solid at speeds over 120 mph....The 7 speed SMG gear box gives the BMW a huge advantage at high speeds....These cars will hit 200 mph with no issue with just the ECU upgrade.... Ive taken my 996 Turbo upto 185mph and I can assure you the M5 feels more solid at that speed then the Porsche, I was very supprised....

http://media.putfile.com/200MPH-M5
Wow interesting... Sounds like a good power additive to that car and rather cost effective since there is nothing else out, don't know how the motor will hold up but it seems yours is rock solid!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 PM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
personally, i think my M6 and TT are both sexy cars. very different, but beautiful in their own right. My son thinks my porsche looks like a frog....he likes the 300 C....to each his own...right?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
personally, i think my M6 and TT are both sexy cars. very different, but beautiful in their own right. My son thinks my porsche looks like a frog....he likes the 300 C....to each his own...right?
agreed

Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Scott what was your best time with the Supra......BTW car is great so far, getting ready to intall an AEM......

I never got a chance to drag the Supra. The previous owner ran 10's at 135 I believe...but I can't verify that with 100% certainty.

Glad to hear the car is doing well and that you're enjoying her.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.