996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
personally, i think my M6 and TT are both sexy cars. very different, but beautiful in their own right. My son thinks my porsche looks like a frog....he likes the 300 C....to each his own...right?
no, not to each his own, your son should be disowned.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TOPPORSCHE
First of all Im not taking anything away from the Porsche, but lets not forget the M5 is a heavy 4 door sedan also I think it ran very well considering it was on 20 inch wheels and it was our first time at the track.

I didnt make my post to say BMW M5/M6 vs. Porsche 996 turbo, my point was that considering the M5 is a heavy 4 door car it is very impressive, and it is 200 mph capable from factory (aside from the US cars with speedlimiter).

Also if a M5 or M6 with the NOS/ECU package comes across one of our modded porsches it will give you a very good run and may even suprise you. But at the same time they are totally different cars. I do agree the Porsche is awsome and much nicer to look at over the BMW and its much more fun to drive in most cases.

Also as for the NOS vs. turbo, I totally agree with most of you I much rather prefer turbo power over NOS, but on the M5 it is a very cheap alternative and it seems to work very well with the BMW V10.
You are right for a 4 door sedan it is very impressive and I have nothing against BMW just hate the Bangle designs. The older preBangle cars look much better to me.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
yeah. Had an M5. Peppy thing. Great on the highway. Sold it bcause SMG shifting blows (around town driving). After a few flash update it just wouldn't pick the right gears for rolling traffic. On tbe highway the 7 speeds rocked.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
no, not to each his own, your son should be disowned.
That's effed up ... although... very funny! LOL

Old 08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
You are right for a 4 door sedan it is very impressive and I have nothing against BMW just hate the Bangle designs. The older preBangle cars look much better to me.
I do have to agree with you as well... I prefer the "non-bangled" designs ...

Old 08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
yeah. Had an M5. Peppy thing. Great on the highway. Sold it bcause SMG shifting blows (around town driving). After a few flash update it just wouldn't pick the right gears for rolling traffic. On tbe highway the 7 speeds rocked.
I dont mean to hijack this thread...how's the UMW Stage 3?

Old 08-02-2007, 08:08 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I am such a fan of the m5/m6 and think it one of the coolest single cars (not just sports car or lux car or etc) on the market...how many other cars can do 200 and go cross country without so much as a backache or complaint and is right around 100k??? And dont say 996tt cause its not NEARLY as comfortable...

Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Bobby_P is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I do have to agree with you as well... I prefer the "non-bangled" designs ...
I think the '08 M6 is getting a minor front & rear facelift...maybe it will reduce some of the Bangle.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:28 AM
LilBadM has a spectacular aura aboutLilBadM has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bobby_P
I think the '08 M6 is getting a minor front & rear facelift...maybe it will reduce some of the Bangle.
Only headlights/taillights are updated along with an interior freshening.

IMHO - The current M5 design is spot on I love it. And the M6 nose does look like a pouting dog, although it has also grown on me. Personally I love the classic designs as well as the new age ones.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Bobby_P is infamous around these parts
The guys over at the M6board say the rear-end is getting a change also. I guess we will find out for sure come fall.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Dub-U! is infamous around these parts
Watch out, there's some 600hp (ecu/headers/exhaust) M6's out there and I'm sure they'll put some good pounding on a stock 996TT. Also helps that they have higher redline and better highway gearing... No match for a Proto 600/640 kit though.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I just like the 911 look...just more "my kind of car"....the BMW is too darn complex..... I had an e36 ....ever since then, layer upon layer of complexity. Porsche is starting to do the same, but not nearly as bad.

I love the CSL's....the M1 was cool looking, and the first M3 was super in its day IMHO. But, give me a 911 anyday. I also think the 928's and the new panamera will give BMW pause.

JB

Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dub-U!
Watch out, there's some 600hp (ecu/headers/exhaust) M6's out there and I'm sure they'll put some good pounding on a stock 996TT. Also helps that they have higher redline and better highway gearing... No match for a Proto 600/640 kit though.
A stock M6 will wax a stock 996 Turbo at highway speeds.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I just like the 911 look...just more "my kind of car"....the BMW is too darn complex..... I had an e36 ....ever since then, layer upon layer of complexity. Porsche is starting to do the same, but not nearly as bad.

I love the CSL's....the M1 was cool looking, and the first M3 was super in its day IMHO. But, give me a 911 anyday. I also think the 928's and the new panamera will give BMW pause.

JB
Porsche is going to have to step into the new millenium at some point, you can only do so much with this same design. Not to mention the small flat 6's arent going to keep pace for much longer, unless everything goes turbo. I like the 911 look, but there is only so much you can do with the same old design, and to think, they actually went retro with the 997, makes me sick.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I agree with heavychevy...they are really going to have to step it up if they REALLY want to stay competitive...hell...the 335 bmw is a TT...maybe its time to TT the normal carreras and use SOMETHING else for the "uber" porsches...dunno how it would work though...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.