996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

whos from san diego? hot spots?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
whos from san diego? hot spots?

Hey guys I'm in SD for 12 days on vacation helping my old baseball coaches out with their team since we r here for a tournament ( I'm 19 they r all 27). I was just wondering if you guys could tell us about some cool spots in the city to go at night like bars or places to eat any help would be appreciated, san diego is amazing and the weather is ridiculous

Old 08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Pacific Beach is where you should hang, theres tons of bars on Garnet Avenue, didn't your friend own "The tavern"?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Yea we are going to go there but I just wanted to know where else we could possibly go. We are also going to try to take the team to see a Padres game too which should be nice, they are playing the Giants this weekend so maybe well get to see Bonds hit 755 or 756 haha

P.S. Is that your CGT?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:16 PM
slant911 is infamous around these parts
Not sure about now, but back in my (cough, cough) day Old Town was a pretty cool spot to hang out. There were a bunch of good bars and in general debauchery going on everywhere

Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
Downtown or downtown la jolla are the best places to go...Del Mar is the best beach hands down. Pacific beach is ok but it is a trashy, drunk, no morals/values type of scene, but if that is your cup of tea its a fun place to visit.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Gas Lamp district hands down.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
If you take in a game, you can find all kinds of places in Downtown in "The Gaslamp District"

Old 08-03-2007, 07:15 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jrgatfh
Yea we are going to go there but I just wanted to know where else we could possibly go. We are also going to try to take the team to see a Padres game too which should be nice, they are playing the Giants this weekend so maybe well get to see Bonds hit 755 or 756 haha

P.S. Is that your CGT?
Yes it is.

Sadly I lied.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned
efxautosport1 is infamous around these parts
go to the gaslamp district in downtown

Old 08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
Gaslamp is the spot for the mid 20's and up crowd. PB (pacific beach) is the spot for the college age crowd. So it all depends on what your looking for. PM me if you want some more info, I run a restuarant/bar/club in the gaslamp...

Cheers

Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
ECB
ECB is infamous around these parts
these guys accurately described the scene.

The gaslamp used to be full of meatheads and sailors on shore leave - but its actually gotten pretty good.

My fav spots

-keating hotel bar
-candela's
-aubergine
-on broadway (cheesy crowd, opulent, gorgeous decor)
-j-bar
-stingaree
-altitude

The bottom 3 are really cool spots that have rooftop decks. Altitude is nice b/c you can watch a padres game from up there.

Airport is a really cool bar/loung in little italy.

Going underground...

however, my fav spot in all san diego is a place called Bar Dynamite. Its home to san diego's hardest core, most serious house music fans.

The weekends are more of a hip/hop/dance/top40 dj set, but its a small, intimate place. Sunday/Monday is reggae, tuesday is electro, WED is HOUSE!!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
All pretty good suggestions so far.

I would definately say the Gaslamp if you were 21. They are pretty strict down there...I lost a fake id when I was in college in SD.Even if your not drinking most of the hot spots are all 21+ at night.

Pacific beach is a cool place but definately would agree with the drunks, kinda trashy atmosphere. It gets pretty roudy sometimes.

The most fun sounds like the Padres game to me. Tickets will be sold out though because of the home run chase.

Have fun and enjoy the weather

Old 08-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dkp993
Gaslamp is the spot for the mid 20's and up crowd. PB (pacific beach) is the spot for the college age crowd. So it all depends on what your looking for. PM me if you want some more info, I run a restuarant/bar/club in the gaslamp...

Cheers

What is the name?

Old 08-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
I'm down in SD right now for a wedding. Funny enough, saw a group of baseball guys at the airport when we got in on wednesday. Must be a big tournament?

Played golf at Torrey Pines the last 2 days. Going to head up to Del Mar beach today and check out the "talent"... This place is sure hard to beat. The beach, women, weather....

Its like a friggen airshow down here 24/7 with all the military action. Felt like I was in Iraq playing golf yesterday... is it like that all the time down here? I'm sure it gets old.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Gas Lamp district hands down.
WORD!
check out
taka sushi
lou and mickey's.

Or if you're in old town, check out casa guadalajara

stingaree seems to be the hit club right now but i don't know much since i'm only 20. I'll worry about that scene next year

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: whos from san diego? hot spots?