996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highest horsepower GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:45 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, so how about you call Racing Solutions and strap your car down? I'm thinking 605 rwhp.

Peter

Old 08-14-2007, 08:39 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by houstonT
OK, so how about you call Racing Solutions and strap your car down? I'm thinking 605 rwhp.

Peter
Sean
You paid 10 thousand dollars to have your make 35 more horsepower? I dont understand your thought process? But as lon as you are happy, what does anything else matter?
Good luck
Robert

Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Fuel systems for these cars are a rip off For a lot less than $10k I can design a fuel system that can support any hp you could ever throw at it. Though you may sound like a 747 when your ideling lol (Gotta love Weldon). But that is for a normal car, wish it was that easy for the Porsches.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore, but let me clear up some misconceptions. Yes, I spent about 7K. But that includes the fuel system (lines too), V-flow and a lot of work for the cat delete (which was done perfectly on my 6K Europipe). It was 110 degrees in Todds garage at the time of the dyno (its on the sheet) and Todd gets props for getting it done in the heat...he deserves the $1625 he got for the 13 dyno runs he did. Yes, on the dynopack I made 605 in the heat on moderate boost. Many cars do better on the dynopack, but GT2's do better on a dynojet. My old set up made 580 on a dynojet in February in cooltemps. I am going to go on the same dyno when the weather gets cooler for a true comparison. I bet she will make close to 650 then.

The bottom line is that the car is definately faster than it was before once I got down in altitude, the difference is dramatic. Todd estimated that she will make about 55 more hp. Also, my power comes on much earlier and easier, at around 3750 rpm instead of 4K. Now, the car is as fast in low boost as it used to be in high boost which is also easier on my engine.

Actually, my biggest concern was the 1300 miles I put on her for the trip, but hopefully the investment I am making in Branson will more than make up for that.

Oh, and Suman, she is more like the EVO GT 700 than the 640. I believe the 640 doesn't have the fuel system. Turbos larger than 24's need the upgraded fuel system to reach their potential.

The reality is, in these cars, it is expensive to make more power once you get past the (GIAC/EVO) stage 3 level. I am done w/ car mods for the next year. The next step would be GT 30's, bigger TB and lower plenum, which would be 10 k for 65 more hp. Of course then I would want to build the bottom end. Thus I am going to have to learn to be happy with what I have, which IMO is the perfect car for me right now.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-14-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Sean you made a very wise decision on upgrading ur fuel system, injectors, MAf and MAf housing.... HP numbers tell a story but not a whole story... ur 55 HP gained will transalate into big benefits on the street.... you now have fuel and a working maf to read the extra air...
My point is that a 5 bar fuel pressure regulator with stock injectors and stock MAF can only read so much...
Its not like u went from a k16 with flash to a K16/24 with a flash... now that would be silly...
just my opinion.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
hey sean,

I meant when you picked up the car from the previou owner, u must have had the gt640 kit. Figured this due to u having the hybrid gt28/16 turbos.... Im sure its a beast, im just curious why u didnt do the gt640 to gt700 upgrade. Not saying your power isnt impressive but I feel for the same price you would have pump and race fuel options. Also you could have gone a further step to the gt750 which would have brought you well over 680rwhp(my dynojet graph showed 686). Good luck with the car, again im not saying what u did was bad in no means but I feel the gt700 kit is one of the best proven kits on the market and you were so close to being complete.

S

Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats

Figured this due to u having the hybrid gt28/16 turbos.... Im sure its a beast, im just curious why u didnt do the gt640 to gt700 upgrade.
That car was a Scargo set up utilizing protomotive ECU using gt28s... so no he realistically didnt go the Evoms way because he didnt have GIAC.
Dyno HP figures do not tell the whole story especially when they are done on different dynos and days... proto does not tune using fuel maps. they run Boost controllers.... u know that already.... different approach.
BTW, the 2 and maybe 3 highest HP Evoms cars run boost controllers as well.... ( they use race fuels above 100 octane).
Nothing to take away from other tuners.... one has to be prudent using a boost controller in order not to run the car lean... thus Kaboom.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-15-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Ah ok that makes sense. So when I called Rob at scargo to get me turbos I bet they were from Tial just like evoms are. thanks for the clear up.

S

guys I have a set of these turbos Sean has gt28/k16 from the gt700 package in the for sale section. thanks

Last edited by Highhats; 08-15-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:16 PM
turtle and hare is infamous around these parts
Oh I cant wait for this one. I want to play!!! Nick will this love this notoriety. And if your talking about Paul;s Stage IV 996TT that car is fast!! I ran him 60-170mph, thats when I passed him. Im not sure if let off or not, but regardless, if you can catch him, your car is fast.

Andy
STS-South Texas

996TT coming soon
964 3.8 Oak Green Cab
C5 Corvette STS TT w/ TNT 100 shot
911 T Targa
Mercedez Benz ML350 Sport Edition

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Kid,

We have very similar set ups except you have bigger turbos. I also think you have a bigger TB and plenum, yes? My cat deletes aren't going to make up for that. You should have about 50 whp on me, maybe a little more. If your car is running properly, there should be no way I will out-dyno you.

However, a street race is a different matter. Even though I have 150 lbs of stereo equipment, I will race you, absolutely. Lots of people on this board will talk smack about me (some of it good humored, some not) because I let my buddy w/ a stage 4 TT get a 2 car a jump on me and I thus ended up a half length behind.

I can assure you that if I am in a serious race I won't allow that to happen. You can ask some guys from the local scene (like Nick Diep, an awesome driver who beat your car w/ his Supra, by the way) that I can hold my own in a street race.

So yes, lets run em at the Tx2k's. And of course it will be friendly. I don't want to wager money, but we can have Chris (Powell) video it and compete for 6 speed bragging rights.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think we should play at RSI in September, if it is not raining WTF with this weather here in Texas???????
Robert

Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Andy, it was fun playing in mexico. I hate being next to your car when we hit it, it's LOUD.It also roll's out hard.I think sean is now after nick.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
If the weather clears up who is down for some runs on the "Mexican Tollway" Sat. night?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
If the weather clears up who is down for some runs on the "Mexican Tollway" Sat. night?
wanna crash the "hot summer nights" BMW car show anyone?

Old 08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drjoe
wanna crash the "hot summer nights" BMW car show anyone?
Maybe I can convince little Powell to take his car out. I think my only competition would be the M3/M5s, the big dogs will eat me alive

Old 08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Joe,

yes, I am calling you right now.

It's official: We have 100% hijacked this thread!

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-17-2007 at 11:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower GT2?