996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highest horsepower GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Scott,

The car is dramatically faster, night and day, once I got her down off the mountain. Also, it was around 110 degrees in Todds garage that day.

I should also mention that in my case, we couldn't make enough boost with my regulator (only 1.2 on high boost at altitude). Once I got lower my boost levels increased. I will bet the bank that I am making around 650 now.
The altitude and weather certainly makes a huge difference in power...but the dyno numbers he gave you were SAE corrected...meaning that that is what you make at sea level on a normal (weather wise) day. So in Texas, under relatively cool and dry conditions...you'll be making app. 605 rwhp, give or take a few.

If he had given the uncorrected numbers from his dyno on the mountain, it probably would have read 550 or so.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-11-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I was making 605 at 1.1 bars of boost. In Texas I can make much more boost and hence much more hp. How much am I making at 1.4?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-11-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I was making 605 at 1.1 bars of boost. How much am I making at 1.4?
I don't know. You just said you weren't able to dyno it at 1.4.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
it was in the 100s and Even Bobby's red car is on hold for dyno tune because of the heat. It does not matter what Sean's car dynod... he really needed the maf and the fuel upgrade.
Even though he gained a few HP according to his old dyno sheet.. I bet his 60 to 130s will improve dramatically... and in the end its the street dyno that really matters.
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I don't know. You just said you weren't able to dyno it at 1.4.
Right, my boost regulator, in the altitude, was limiting me to 1.1 bars. Once I came down I was hitting 1.5 easily.

It makes sense since the regulator was installed in Houston. It is a 2 year old unit, and I am sure Todd would use something else.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Sean, you have the old Profec that is not digital... but I do not think your boost limitation was caused by the EBC.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Mark, yes, I eventually need to get another boost controller. But like I said I am done with mods for a while. I will dyno it when Peter does his next Houston get together. Scott, want to make a freindly wager that she makes close to 650?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Mark, yes, I eventually need to get another boost controller. But like I said I am done with mods for a while. I will dyno it when Peter does his next Houston get together. Scott, want to make a freindly wager that she makes close to 650?
I honestly couldn't care less how much power you make. My only reason for replying was because of your initial statement below, which by itself is incorrect.

I dynoed 605 on the top of Hillbilly mountain in 102 heat. I am making at least 55 more here at sea level and should make more when the weather gets cooler.
Now if you are running more boost (which you failed to originally mention)...obviously that will make a difference in power regardless of your altitude.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
I'll take that bet How much you want to put up? I'm assuming you'll dyno at RSI? You know what I dyno'd at 1.2 bar earlier thsi year...a bit under 650. I bet you can't crack 620 even at 1.4 bar.

I'm not interested in a big pissing match, but happy to make an honest bet with you.

Jamie

Old 08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Kid GT2 is infamous around these parts
To late for me to get in on this bet? Hahahaha

Old 08-11-2007, 06:53 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
A whole lot of could have and would have....your car dynoed 605. If you thought it wasnt a valid number why bother posting? Just run the 60-130 and the 1/4 mile and it will tell you the power you have. Dont get me wrong, I think dyno numbers are important since they show your power and tq curve and how your power is delivered. Dyno numbers are just one corner of the performance triangle....60-130 and trap speed being the other two. Good luck with the new ride....

Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I was there at the last RSI meet and what a great turn out it was, and if Sean shows up there in September I will let you guys know the truth! If you look at the fotos of the RSI event my car was surrounded by a group yellow Ferraris! Truly a great turn out, from Mean looking Mustangs to some serious supras!
Cheers, Robert

Old 08-11-2007, 07:15 PM
OK, I am very sure 620 is a given, even on a Mustang dyno. Loser has to post naked pics of himself.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Wait....to save you (Jamie..and Scott who is hopefully on board for the bet) embarrasment, you can wear briefs. By the way, I mentioned Scotts' car to Todd...Todd said "boy he really doesn't like you, does he?"

I got a big laugh out of that one.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-11-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Sean, have you decided where your comfort level is with boost on stock internals? 1.4, 1.5....more...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower GT2?