996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highest horsepower GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, let me know the time/day, I will set you up with the dyno at Racing Solutions.
Peter

Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter, lets do it at the next RSI meet...it is around Sept. 9th, yes?

Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I must be there to verify :-)
Robert

Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robmd99
I must be there to verify :-)
Robert
Me too!!!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 10:31 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sean,

I hope your trip was fruitful to the Ozarks. All this dyno talk is exciting
and such but the bottom line is that your car should in its current state of tune should absolutely destroy your former set-up Enjoy it and please join a few of us for the Texas Mile.

MK

Old 08-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Oh, and since I am sure to get banned again, lets at least wait until after the bet is settled before my banishment, MK?
Are you on crack?

Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Are you on crack?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:01 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, then next Racing Solutions meet is September 8th but there will be no free dyno giveaways like last time... You missed out! The plan for the next event includes BBQ, car show, models, and music! Pick a time and day anytime this week, next week, etc... and I will make sure the dyno is available.
Peter

Peter, lets do it at the next RSI meet...it is around Sept. 9th, yes?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Sean,

if the gt28 turbos that were on my car with k16 bottoms and a modified stock fuel system (rails,lines, injectors) as per the gt700 kit puts down 660 sae rwhp plus I would assume that a modified Honeywell set of gt28's like you have in your car would actually put down more at the same 1.5 bar no? I mean doesnt Protomotive custom tune there cars on the dyno or is it just a chip and re chip type tuning(far inferior in my mind)? Anyone, proto guys?

Also Sean... do u keep your eyes on the afr's with a gauge? when u screw with a boost controller is surelly screws with your AFR, no? Are you running a colder spark plug? Im just curious how that was all the power u could pull out of real gt28's (which are huge)? thanks man

S

Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Highhat,

My car was custom tuned by Todd. I can only assume that he adjusted the AF ratios properly. He told me to adjust boost at Houston/sea levels to 1.4 on race gas (maybe a spike to 1.5 but absolutely no higher) and no more than 1.2 on pump gas. He told me personally that the altitude and boost limit by my current boost regulator were limiting me to 1.1-1.2 bars max on top of his mountain. He also said that the increased boost capabilities (not sure if it was for each .1 bars, or the .2-3 more that I would get at sea level where I would not be subject to the limits of my regulator) would result in 55 more whp. So yes, I should make 55 more whp, or 660 here in Houston.

I just found out from Peter that we will not be dynoing at RSI on Sept. 8. However, I still want to arrange a public display of the hp capabilities that my car is capable of, which is surely more than 620. It made 605 on low boost.

By the way, back to the OP: His GT2 IS the most powerful one I know of. It definately should make 715.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean if you want to keep it closer to the house we could dyno at MTI, G-Force, or RSI. Just depends where you feel like driving to. MTI is by your house, as you know; G-Force is by my house in Friendswood; and RSI is off of W. Little York right before 290. They all have Dynojet's that have been ran on many of times so the #'s shouldn't be much different from one to another. At all three they can setup the proper fan setup for you. It's just wherever you feel more comfortable dynoing it at.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I can dyno at Sam's shop close by my house. However, I just promised my wife not to spend another penny on my car for a while and that includes the $75 for dyno fees. I know she is scary fast and that is all that matters.

Also, I need to get her aligned again. I just spent $180 to get her aligned at the "stealership" and she is now very darty at high speeds. Todd said she needs realigning and maybe a corner balance, so that is the only expenditure in the near future. Oh, and maybe a new EBC. Wait..and also a roll cage, lol

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-12-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I can dyno at Sam's shop close by my house. However, I just promised my wife not to spend another penny on my car for a while and that includes the $75 for dyno fees. I know she is scary fast and that is all that matters.
The minute that its not scary fast anymore means its time to go buy more go fast parts Thats my problem no matter what I do I won't be able to feel that scary part I ruined myself with the race car

Old 08-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Kid GT2 is infamous around these parts
I vote that we settle this at TX2k8, Dr Jitsu vs Me for a friendly little wager...

Old 08-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Kid,

We have very similar set ups except you have bigger turbos. I also think you have a bigger TB and plenum, yes? My cat deletes aren't going to make up for that. You should have about 50 whp on me, maybe a little more. If your car is running properly, there should be no way I will out-dyno you.

However, a street race is a different matter. Even though I have 150 lbs of stereo equipment, I will race you, absolutely. Lots of people on this board will talk smack about me (some of it good humored, some not) because I let my buddy w/ a stage 4 TT get a 2 car a jump on me and I thus ended up a half length behind.

I can assure you that if I am in a serious race I won't allow that to happen. You can ask some guys from the local scene (like Nick Diep, an awesome driver who beat your car w/ his Supra, by the way) that I can hold my own in a street race.

So yes, lets run em at the Tx2k's. And of course it will be friendly. I don't want to wager money, but we can have Chris (Powell) video it and compete for 6 speed bragging rights.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower GT2?