996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highest horsepower GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Powell
what it runs at the track is what matters (atleast in my eyes).
Now that is the gospel.

Dyno wars are worthless. Seconds are what matters. You can have all the horsepower in the world and if you can't put it to the asphalt it is worthless.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The dyno is like measuring your *****. Neither are any good if you don't know how to, um, use your horsepower.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:56 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The dyno is like measuring your *****. Neither are any good if you don't know how to, um, use your horsepower.
Does this mean your ***** is larger at sea level....sorry, I just couldnt resist

Old 08-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Does this mean your ***** is larger at sea level....sorry, I just couldnt resist

Still a stage 4...I do have a little blue race file, however.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !

Careful about speaking of things you know nothing about... Kevin's Stg3 made 660RWHP/640RWTQ on the same dyno Knighton uses... BTW, he did it at 12.2 AFRs across the board with no extra fuel pumps.... Oh, did I mention it was on 92 unleaded ...Oh, did I mention 640TQ was at 3500 rpms.... Oh, did I mention stock IC's....Stage 4 will do just fine if you even know what it is...

Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'll be there with the camera of course. Maybe by then I'll have a set of K24/20's, but probably not. LOL.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough

You still have to run me Sean since you told
Paul you should put 1-2 cars on me

Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Careful about speaking of things you know nothing about... Kevin's Stg3 made 660RWHP/640RWTQ on the same dyno Knighton uses... BTW, he did it at 12.2 AFRs across the board with no extra fuel pumps.... Oh, did I mention it was on 92 unleaded ...Oh, did I mention 640TQ was at 3500 rpms.... Oh, did I mention stock IC's....Stage 4 will do just fine if you even know what it is...
I am very familiar w/ the EVO stage 4 which is what 2 of my friends have. You would be one of them, Joe....I never said I could pull 2 lengths on you before....think I can now, however. You aren't going to actually believe anything that Paulie says about me anyway, are you?.

The fact that I was having a hard time beating stage 4's w/ my previous set up is what motivated me to take my trip to Arkansas in the first place. A stage 4, especially w/ the race file is a fast car, IMO. A stage 3 is a stage 4 minus the headers, which give debatable power returns under 500 whp. I personally know of a stage 3 that makes 540 on its race file.

Ask my wife, she will testify just how impressive my stage 4 is .

Of course my sex life pretty much ended when my son came along.

PS: Joe would you PLEASE put back your other avatar?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-12-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:03 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Of course my sex life pretty much ended when my son came along.
Ouch. That sucks.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:04 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
NOW, NOW,NOW.. Dr Joe don't bring me into the middle of this. I just have a little ole stg 3 heavy turbo. No match for all these GT2.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
NOW, NOW,NOW.. Dr Joe don't bring me into the middle of this. I just have a little ole stg 3 heavy turbo. No match for all these GT2.
We all know Stage 2 cars are the fastest (in my own mind).

Old 08-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Ouch. That sucks.
Actually, the sucking stopped too.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:22 PM
KPG
I am very familiar w/ the EVO stage 4 which is what 2 of my friends have.

The fact that I was having a hard time beating stage 4's w/ my previous set up is what motivated me to take my trip to Arkansas in the first place. A stage 4, especially w/ the race file is a fast car, IMO. A stage 3 is a stage 4 minus the headers, which give debatable power returns under 500 whp. I personally know of a stage 3 that makes 540 on its race file.
Sean, we are talking 2 different languages here...this is UMW STG4. GT3R crank, 8500rpm redline, custom heads, custom cams, turbos built from scratch, custom rods, shufflepinned block, etc... I am sure you get the picture. Not exactly an even comparison for an EVO stg4. As for Stg3 the pics and dyno sheets are on Rennlist.com in the 996TT section. Again, a 750 crank HP STG3 on 92 unleaded isnt meant to be compared with an EVO stg3....

Old 08-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Sean, we are talking 2 different languages here...this is UMW STG4. GT3R crank, 8500rpm redline, custom heads, custom cams, turbos built from scratch, custom rods, shufflepinned block, etc... I am sure you get the picture. Not exactly an even comparison for an EVO stg4. As for Stg3 the pics and dyno sheets are on Rennlist.com in the 996TT section. Again, a 750 crank HP STG3 on 92 unleaded isnt meant to be compared with an EVO stg3....
KPG,

I have heard good things about UMW. With all that I would expect 660.....how much does it make on race gas? And I have never heard of "shufflepinning"....a different language, indeed.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
KPG,

I have heard good things about UMW. With all that I would expect 660.....how much does it make on race gas? And I have never heard of "shufflepinning"....a different language, indeed.
............and he still doesn't get it........Sean if you have been following the stage 3 (a bolt on kit)made 660 ......I am pretty sure the the stage 4 is gonna make much more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest horsepower GT2?