996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

High res pics of our new brakes behind HRE's.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by msindi
Mike - you sure these will fit stock wheels?? I highly doubt it...I tried the stockers on my 15" fronts and it did not work...

Absolutely!

We take our car to the track. When we do, we put Hoosiers on the stock 18" wheels. We did not want to have to swap back to stock brakes for each event. This was a major bonus for us and our track driving customers.

You have the Grand Turismo kit which uses a slightly bigger caliper.

Trust me. We already did a test fit.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by msindi
Mike - you sure these will fit stock wheels?? I highly doubt it...I tried the stockers on my 15" fronts and it did not work...
As Mike said, the GTR kit fits with 18" wheels since it uses a much slimmer (and lighter) caliper than the GT kit. The only downside (if you want to call it that) to the GTR setup is that there are no dust seals for the caliper pistons. As a result, you may want/need to change the fluid more often to avoid any chance of caliper piston contamination/scoring. Also, watch out for any off road exploits on the track -- exposure to extreme dirt/dust conditions would not be good for the pistons.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:26 PM
rufruf is infamous around these parts
What kind of pads are available for these calipers? And what pads do you run for street use?

Old 04-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rufruf
What kind of pads are available for these calipers? And what pads do you run for street use?
We were given two sets of pads. One for street/track and another set solely track.

The track pads are noisy, dusty and do not work that well when cold.

The pads we use on the street are a street/track hybrid which are quiet and do not need nearly as much heat.

When the European Car article comes out, you will see some interesting results. All of the testing was done with the hybrids.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:25 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
OK, here is an idea for anyone listening and interested. I will buy the GTR kit and sell the new rotors that come with that kit and my existing Brembo GT (8 piston front/4 piston rear) red calipers with them to someone at a very good price. This assumes the rotors are interchangable between the GT and GTR kits as I believe they are. I currently have the 15 inch front and 14 inch rear rotors.

Any takers?

Old 04-23-2004, 08:31 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Mike can I put a rotor hat on stock wheels with stock brakes ? Really looks great and clean

Old 04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This does look good Mansour

Last edited by DJ; 10-28-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
DJ
another

How much are rotor hats and can i use them with the stock setup ?

Last edited by DJ; 10-28-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Mike/A.W.E.
I forgot to mention the best part.

Your stock 18's will fit over these brakes!
Hmm ok so these aren't the same sized ones I have then are they?

Old 04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Good point Jack, thanx for the contribution. Now that is a factor for me to consider. It can get pretty dusty here and off-track exploits are always a hazard.

Old 04-24-2004, 02:43 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Mike, can you throw up some weight numbers on the different versions.

Old 04-24-2004, 05:50 PM
DJ
Tim - your TT based on you sig. is gonna be awesome

Old 04-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by Darren
Mike can I put a rotor hat on stock wheels with stock brakes ? Really looks great and clean
The stock rotors are a one piece unit. In order to get a floating caliper you would need to buy a bigger brake kit.

Unless there is a company that sells a floating setup for the OEM rotors???

Old 04-24-2004, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by ColorChange
Mike, can you throw up some weight numbers on the different versions.
ColorChange-

I don't want to spill the beans since we are doing the tech article with European Car.

We will have weights and other interesting data in an upcoming issue.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by sharkster
Hmm ok so these aren't the same sized ones I have then are they?
I noticed that you had them from the pictures in the EC 996TT shootout.

Ours are the 15" fronts with 13" rears. What size are you running?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: High res pics of our new brakes behind HRE's.