996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bumperettes Deleted(pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Bumperettes Deleted(pics)

I wanted to do this cheap upgrade for some time..... since I had to repaint my rear bumper anyways.... it gave me the opportunity to delete the bumperettes... I also painted the black IC outlets silver.
As soon as I get the car to showroom condition Ill post some more pics...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 08-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
looks good....might have to try that myself.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
so how did u get rid of the bumperette? is this a new bumper cover or did u do some bondo work to fill up the holes next to your plate.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
we got rid of the bumperettes... and used fiberglass to cover up the holes....

click to view

Old 08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Looks great Mark!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
We used the holes to vent the nitrous.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks Joe..

Chad, I think I saw ur pic B4.. very interesting.... but Im not running NOS LOL

Yes, they have been posted prior. I posted again for the benefit of new members or members who had not seen the prior pics. As a side, if you see vapor coming through these vents, you know what is coming next.

click to view

Last edited by cjv; 08-09-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 AM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
you guys both have sick cars, seems more like works of art. its really interesting how serious development has come with the 996. i'm pouting here with a k24 setup!

markski - congrats on the pass, appreciate all the great advice and when you mentioned FAST, you were on the money, the car is scary fast!

chad - what are your thoughts on nitrous on a stock motor with proper tuning and fuel?

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Thanks Joe..

Chad, I think I saw ur pic B4.. very interesting.... but Im not running NOS LOL

Last edited by FL TT; 08-09-2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:22 AM
kzrsoize is infamous around these parts
no bumberetees......i like......

Old 08-09-2007, 04:23 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Markski,
Looks real clean! How much weight savings off the rear?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome dude! I hate these bloody things, I posted on another topic if these were a legal requirement?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
nice, looks real clean....I painted mine so it blends a lot better to include the rear, sides and front...much cleaner! nice work!

M

Old 08-09-2007, 08:19 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AndrewM3
you guys both have sick cars, seems more like works of art. its really interesting how serious development has come with the 996. i'm pouting here with a k24 setup!

markski - congrats on the pass, appreciate all the great advice and when you mentioned FAST, you were on the money, the car is scary fast!

chad - what are your thoughts on nitrous on a stock motor with proper tuning and fuel?
Andrew,

I have mixed reactions. The wet nitrous with a progressive computer and all the safeguard options is extremely safe. You don't need to tune as the nitrous and fuel is pre mixed. This is determined by the size nozzles you use. In these systems you can go as high as a 100 shot. I wouldn't go over 650 hp on stock internals regardless. When we bent all six rods about three years ago, there was no signs of detonation or any damage caused by the nitrous. The rods bent because the motor was making about 650 hp plus the nitrous. The stock rods just couldn't take it.

The down side is the cost. The parts are about 2K and labor will run 2-3K more. I believe you can obtain like power with non nitrous mods. I installed the nitrous because for the purpose of running against other built 996tt's. If you both have a similar amout of power, the nitrous will bring the torque on faster at the low end or increase the ponies at the top end. In either case the extra power prevails by a good margin. In KA's case, we built the internals along with using a special developed ceramic coating for the piston domes and combustion chamber. The purpose for this was to run two nozzles for a maximum combined 200 shot.

Last edited by cjv; 08-09-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:23 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
WIRX is running nitrous on this board with good results.

I almost forgot... Marek, the car looks fab, I am now ready to come experience it!!

MK

Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
Chad,

I appreciate the response. I refered to tune on nitrous as a slight timing retard on the MAP (which would be affected on/off bottle, I believe the benefits would generously outweigh the loss off bottle). Do you believe a progressive setup is necessary for a smaller shot (say a 50 shot across the board, specifically tailored for hard and instant hits down low). As far as electronics are concerned, I would run a dual digital TPS/WS setup along with appropriate safety equipment (blow down tube, heater, etc).

I assume you mean 650BHP - what are your feelings towards running OE injectors ON bottle on a k24 setup?

thanks again.

Originally Posted by cjv
Andrew,

I have mixed reactions. The wet nitrous with a progressive computer and all the safeguard options is extremely safe. You don't need to tune as the nitrous and fuel is pre mixed. This is determined by the size nozzles you use. In these systems you can go as high as a 100 shot. I wouldn't go over 650 hp on stock internals regardless. When we bent all six rods about three years ago, there was no signs of detonation or any damage caused by the nitrous. The rods bent because the motor was making about 650 hp plus the nitrous. The stock rods just couldn't take it.

The down side is the cost. The parts are about 2K and labor will run 2-3K more. I believe you can obtain like power with non nitrous mods. I installed the nitrous because for the purpose of running against other built 996tt's. If you both have a similar amout of power, the nitrous will bring the torque on faster at the low end or increase the ponies at the top end. In either case the extra power prevails by a good margin. In KA's case, we built the internals along with using a special developed ceramic coating for the piston domes and combustion chamber. The purpose for this was to run two nozzles for a maximum combined 200 shot.

Last edited by FL TT; 08-09-2007 at 08:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bumperettes Deleted(pics)