996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

X73 installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 04:10 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
now that is how a TT should Look! They should all come that way

Old 04-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
What's the dif between ROW & X73?

Old 04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Its about time Dock, very nice, its the way to go.

Old 04-24-2004, 04:38 PM
h20tt is infamous around these parts
Great upgrade Dock, Enjoy!

Old 04-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Its about time Dock, very nice, its the way to go.
I had a specific target area I was shooting for, so it was just a matter of getting good input from you and others on this Forum to help me decide if X73 was the answer; and it has in fact turned out to be the right answer.

Old 04-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
now that is how a TT should Look! They should all come that way
I couldn't agree more.

Porsche probably expanded it's customer base by softening up the Turbo, but that doesn't make it right. The car should come "harder edged" from the factory, and if people want a softer/GT feel then they should have to pay for those options to get the car to that condition. But of course Porsche plays it safe by rounding off the edges. A Porsche sales guy tells me that most of the people he rides with on Turbo demos aren't up to the car in stock form as it is.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:30 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
It does come stiffer/sportier in Europe. But they do have much better roads. Plus the average 50 yr old guy buying a turbo, (like my neighbor who bought an x50 a year ago and has 800 miles on it) isn't really going to use it like it is meant to be.

Old 04-25-2004, 09:07 AM
californian is infamous around these parts
Doc, Is that a U.S. Version? Do you know the part number? It looks awesome!

Old 04-25-2004, 09:43 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
For Dock and owners of X73 or PSS9 /H&R coilerovers etc., what is you low speed ride like ,i.e., going down bumpy neighborhood or side roads at 20 mph ? Is the car more bouncy up/down or front/ back or diagonally side to side compared to stock ?
I know these systems really hit their sweet spots over 40 mph , but is there some " traffic crawl " downside on typical patched up urban streets ?

Old 04-25-2004, 09:53 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
My car is about 7/8" lower all the way around.
My ROW looks about the same.... I was looking at doing X73 but now I think I need to look at PSS9's...

Old 04-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Is that a U.S. Version? Do you know the part number?
There isn't a U.S. version of X73. It's a factory option for ROW Turbo buyers, or you can buy the suspension and have it installed.

I ordered mine from Gert at Carnewal; delivered in three days!

Old 04-25-2004, 10:21 AM
My ROW looks about the same.... I was looking at doing X73 but now I think I need to look at PSS9's...
It all depends on what you're after.

The X73 ride height is right on target for me. If the car were very much lower the wheels would look too "tucked in"; too much distance between the edge of the tire and the lip of the fender. Offsets might fix this "looks" problem for me, but I don't want offsets. Also the front lip clearance issue was a concern for me. X73 offers great handling with great streetability, and for me it offered the right look.

Results may vary...

Last edited by Dock (Atlanta); 04-25-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Is the car more bouncy up/down or front/ back or diagonally side to side compared to stock ?
Not at all.

The car has a much more planted feel, even at low speeds. There is more direct feedback from road irregularities, but not in the form of any sort of bouncyness or jumping around left/right. It's not "nervous" at all.

I would say though that if an owner isn't into a harder edged ride and a more aggressive handling car, X73 wouldn't be for them; there isn't any "GT feel" to my car now in terms of ride and handling.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Awesome I love Polar silver!!!

Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
What's the dif between ROW & X73?
X73 is advertised as 20mm lower than ROW. It's also stiffer, and of course handles better than ROW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X73 installed