996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Should I fit K24 Turbos ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Those look the like g35s

Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
It comes down to a few things...

K24s with a flash( good)
K24s with upgraded springs and a flash( better)
K24s with 18g compressors(apprx. $1000 extra) with flash( even better)
K24s with 18g compressor with upgraded Wgs plus flash(best)
One advantage to going k24/18gs is that you can always upgrade to a
700 hp package without upgrading turbos once the k24/18gs are installed.
I think we all are speed junkies and I personally have changed turbos 3 times.. so saving yourself 4 to 6 K on a set of turbos would be nice.
I personally had k24s with and without upgraded springs...
There are other tuners that offer different turbo packages.
just my opinion...

markski

Agree with Marek, especially when considering k24/20ss!!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
the 24s are a super normal mod. dong that would be a great choice for most non-LOADED 6speeders.... getting super crazy costs money and unless 800hp+ at the weels and all of the system components thatgo with that is the end-goal.... the 24's are "crud" b coparisonto what so many people do, but hell, 24's with essentiall no exhaust and a decent flash will kill you quickly on the stret and keep your car impounded for YEARSgiven the powers you'd create. Not ENOUGH for you??? why the !$^&#&%% do you have PSM on while complaining bout LACK of power... (joke)

you turn off PSM with 550-600hp @ the crank and your tires are GONE GONE GONE in 1st thru 3rd.... and you're all over the road while on full boost.... and that's befor you put decent gas in the car.... at which point you may need plastic surgery to remove the smile from your face....

remember.... PSM is your friend but if you need to feel like a hero, just TRY turning it off with this much power on tap...

do a cheap K24 kit and see if you can handle that first..

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 08-18-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
The turbo pictured is a Garett GT35R, correct?

I raced a Suby STI with (1) of those turbos on and it made
499 AWD HP on a mustang dyno.
Markski also has (1) of those turbos on his Mitsu EVO 8.
With those turbos (2) on a 996TT you will have MORE than
Mad Power.
Nice Doc,

MK

Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
My final word on this one is that a k-24 upgrade is the only modification that people will universally pay extra for when its time to sell the car, because its factory tested and approved.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 AM
autoaddictions is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RCNJ
I just got my car back yesterday from Protosport. I did the k24/18g 700 package and thats exactly what I did. About 9 months ago I did the 600 package and now upgraded to the 700 and you don't feel it in the wallet as bad. But you definitely feel it on your ***.
I see your from Nj ! So am i. Ive been looking for a shop to due a few upgrades did you take your car to the local Promotive shop here in jersey.
Im running the Evo stage 3 and id like to get the pe700 upgrade. If you dont mind me asking what were the costs. Evo wants like 17grand for the upgrade from stage 3 to the 700hp kit. Thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by autoaddictions
I see your from Nj ! So am i. Ive been looking for a shop to due a few upgrades did you take your car to the local Promotive shop here in jersey.
Im running the Evo stage 3 and id like to get the pe700 upgrade. If you dont mind me asking what were the costs. Evo wants like 17grand for the upgrade from stage 3 to the 700hp kit. Thanks
Marty
Those are the fastest spooling GT35 that I know of, and why should I complain of lag when I can run sub 5 sec 60 to 130 all day long? If you attend the Texas Mile and need a place to stay I have house and a huge garage that has only a lonely Porsche in it Hmmm maybe you and Marek can park yours in there? It would be a blast for all of us to go!

Yes, I agree with AA.. take it to Protosport!! do it once and do it right!!

Cheers, Robert

Old 11-17-2007, 02:47 PM
fgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of light
Hello there, Just read your post, can you explain me what you mean by the upgrade K24/18G? i have installed on my car K24, militek exhaust, BB Headers K24, BOV, Intake from Evoms, wastegate ponctuator @ 1.0 bar, 5 bar Fpr, silicon hose, sport Intercoolers, sachs clutch, ecu flash from FDV, but get a bit dissapointed about the huge lag i have on it and try to remedy on it, but no wish to swap on garett..thanks for your help

Old 11-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fgaillard
but get a bit dissapointed about the huge lag i have on it and try to remedy on it, but no wish to swap on garett..thanks for your help
????????????????????????????
Huge lag? K24s? did you know that a GT2 has K24s... did you even hear an gt2 owner complain about lag?

BTW, I had FVD stage 3 and 4 with k24s.... ist not HUGE lag you speak of.
... and if you think garrets will decrease lag to a your stock K16s then you are very wrong.
K24/18gs are k24 based hybrid turbos with a 18g Mitsubishi ocmpressor.... it is said that they are 33% more more powereful then stock K24s...
Reducing lag also has something with the rest of your system... not only the turbo.
You have a nice set up.... don't mess with it.
markski

here is whats on my car... a pair of GT35r with .82 A/R housing. Im at full boost at 4250 rpms... Now that I would ocnsider laggy... except I'm producing twice the power then you... LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 11-17-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:18 PM
fgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of lightfgaillard is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry for my "cheap" explanation...what I meant was that the first mod I ve made with my K16 was ecu @ 1.0 bar and exhaust, the difference was really impressive with an immediate spool and a very agressive response on my car. I m using my car most of the time on the Dubai Autodrome track, and I was looking to increase the power on all the range of the RPM, not only on the high RPM. So I started to shop around, by Evoms, BOV, Airflow, Wastegate ponctuator, 5 bar FPR, then K24, headers, silicon hoses. Of course they was a gr8 gain of power, but where my K16 was spooling @ 3k, now I have to wait till 3.8 - 4.0 K to get the max boost @ 1.1-1.2 bar in overboost. Sorry to have wroten lag, but I was expecting to get a much faster spool on it. I m waiting a plenum from Evoms and a y pipe from RPM, according to what it will solve the issue...will see. After reading your different posts, I m thinking to change the fuel line and filter, but have no ideas about rails and or injectors..some ideas will be more than welcome. The car is amazing, but she has lost the smoothness of the original K16, that s all..by gaining beast power on high end..anyway, thank you very much for your infos. Best Regards

Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Yes, if u track the car... stock K16s on short windy tracks amy be better... buto for highway runs its no competition to ut K24 set up.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-18-2007, 07:45 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
why not find someone with k24/18g set up and go for a ride!! track or not I dont see you being dissappointed with that set up. I currently have it and have a blast in anything I do. I get into boost in a fraction of a second.... so lag??????? what is that??? lol... Honestly... FIND someone and just go!! you'll be hooked..

Old 11-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the tip, but here down in Dubai, most of the people buy straight cars from ruf, Gemballa, Techart, etc...not really technical guys...so if I follow your tip, I should change the impeler from the K24..can you give me some places where to find the needed parts..thank you very much for your help...

Old 11-18-2007, 08:12 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
contact protomotive they can hook you up

Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
i would never dare to bash or talk bad about those tuners... THEY ARE AWESOME...but their pricing is also astronomical. This is why i went with the proto set up. It is for the money spent AMAZING>...Better said OUTSTANDING.....if you want check out my videos and you'll soon see that IT WORKS PERFECT!!!
This being said theres EVOMS.... etc etc... many tuners and pacakges to chose from... I just decided on a package that I could modify and get every ounce of power I could without losing my shirt while at it... $$$ (cost effective!!! )
I can do my fuel system and get more out of it...so I still have things to experience with it!!!
Hope this helps!!! I know what you are going through.... WE ALL want to help... !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I fit K24 Turbos ?