996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2: Straight out of Compton!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
GT2: Straight out of Compton!

Yea yeah yeah gonna keep it real….barely escaped the hood in Compton…

Arkansas that is. The trip was quite the adventure.

That’s right, I went straight to the Mad Scientists’ place so that the GT2 could get some Protomotive lovin.’ My car had the fuel system upgraded (Mustang modified MAF integrated w/ the EVO V-Flow intake, dual pump, bigger injectors). We also deleted the cats and retuned her

I left my house in Sugarland at around 10 Sunday morning. Since Todd lives off of a mile long dirt road on the top of a mountain, we decided that it would be best for me to stay the night in Little Rock so that the car would be brought in when it was light the next morning. On my way I decided to stop in Hope, since I wanted to see where Bubba (the technical term we Political Scientists give to President Clinton) was born. I also wanted to see the legendary spot where Bubba had the Arkansas state Troopers pull over his first “Lewinski” (the P. Scientist term for the women Bubba used to give “legal help” to so that they could get their tickets fixed).

I asked a local, an owner of the biggest RV you have ever seen, where I might find this spot and we, as Arkansans say “started to talking.” A more charming gent you will never find. When queried as to the population of Hope, he replied “about 10 thousand, not counting ******s and Mexicans.” Wow. I then, in my best Borat imitation, asked if they counted Jews, but he apparently did not appreciate my sense of humor.

The RV man notwithstanding, I found all the other people I met in Arkansas to be a very friendly and not a hateful/bigoted lot at all, even though they do tend to tell tall tales a bit. I made a ton of friends and even got a free car rental (go see Mike Yarborough and his brother). When I arrived at the One-stop convenience store on top of the mountain I was met by Todd. His intellect shines through his eyes when you talk to him.

I then spent the next two days in Branson Missouri and liked it so much that I bought a condo at the Hilton Hotel and the new Branson Landing development. I traded 2 nights at my condo for the above car rental. I then spent a day in Harrison, the town nearby Compton, since it took one day more than expected to complete my car.

Finally, my car was ready Friday afternoon. The heat was brutal and she dynoed at only 605. I was limited to 1.1 bars by my boost regulator. However, once I came down off the mountain the boost increased to 1.4 (spiked at 1.5 until I turned her down a bit) and she became dramatically faster. Todd said she would pick up at least another 55 whp at sea level, and my butt dyno confirmed this fact. She is now a true beast. As the altitude decreased, the boost increased too much and I had to adjust accordingly. I did so by monitoring my boost levels (they were spiking at 1.5 bars and needed to be adjusted downward a bit) while going WOT. Unfortunately, an Arkansas State Trooper did an instant on radar Zap (my squawking V-1 was too late to save me) and I left Arkansas w/ an 80 in a 55 ticket as a souvenir.

Interestingly, I pulled into a gas station as I was leaving and a guy pulls up to me and says “are you Sean?” “Why yes, I replied, I am…how do you know.” “My buddies where just talking about your car back in Harrison.” “Small world” I said and gassed up the GT2 for my 11 hour drive back to Texas.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-11-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Oh, by the way, in the middle of my 11 hour drive in nearly 100 degree heat, I ran several cars (one was, judging from the hood, a supercharged Trans Am...pulled a bussload on it) and I bike. How many cars can drive 650 miles in a day and at the end race all out with no ill effects?

Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Its about time that you listened to me now you see the difference?
BTW, what turbos did you actually have?
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-11-2007, 04:19 PM
mark,

GT 28's. I would love to have the 30's but right now I am done w/ my car for a year. I need to pay for my new condo, lol.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thats what I thought all along....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
You are the man, Mark old boy!

By the way, when I was in Branston, I had the pleasure of seing the Chinese Acrobats. Of course I fell in love with every female member over the age of 18. Who doesn't love a flexible woman?

After the show, I tried to chat up a couple of them (wifey did not go on the trip) but they are ALL heavily chaperoned. Everytime I would say something the chaperone would step between us and say something in Mandarin. I think it was "stay away from that dirty American old man!"

Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Pretty cool. Congrats on all of the car mods. I would kill for a ride in a car like yours!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Awesome writeup Doc!

Drive the heck out of that beast!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new mods and start saving for those GT30's for next year!

Power is so addicting!

Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks Buddy, I should be close to your power level once I get my boost level dialed in...I just wish I had those carillos

Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Now all you have to do is strap her in at Racing Solutions to see if your big butt dyno actually works! hahahahah, congrats man...
Peter

Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 PM
When is the next one, Peter? Sept. 9th?

Stephen, I see you reading this thread....how much hp is .3 bars worth?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Great write-up Doc,

The only thing I got in addition to you was chigger bites and a very close
visit by a rattle snake. Good luck with the new state of tune.

MK

Old 08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Sean congrats on the new setup, be safe

Old 08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Congratulations Sean!!! You have a great set-up!!

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2: Straight out of Compton!