996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video: Anonymous Protomotive 996TT vs 186 rwhp modded Hayabusa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
WOW.... that is all I can say...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-12-2007, 05:26 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
It was fun last night. Your car was as impressive as always. The air was awesome for some racing action.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Finally...a good race posted on 6speed! I love it Scott....great job!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Scott
Great video of your killer black porsche reeking havoc!
Cheers
Robert

Old 08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Sweet kill Scott to take out a modded Busa is nuts! Thanks for the video and keep them coming!

Old 08-12-2007, 08:21 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott ! Thats just funny as hell that some cars arent just fun to race that you go and find some modded super bikes, that car of yours is sick fast and it wasnt running full boost, Protomotive tuning you gotta love it.

Bajo

PS. Them mexican roads are getting better and more modern every time i see them, lol.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
scott cant protomotive tune your knock sensors to not pull as much timing as it was? When you were hitting it with more boost, were u feeling the timing cut up top past 6000 rpms? Also doesnt the Afr get effected when you turn the boost down that much(running way richer)?

S

thanks in Advance

Old 08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Why would you want to pull less timing when the engine is sensing any type of knock. I know there are some cases where you want to do it, but on a motor like ours I don't see a point. Even on my race car I think (maybe higher or little less, I haven't looked at my tune in almost 2 years) mine pulls up to 6 degrees (which yes, is lower than stock but I know if I see any knock its probably going to pop a gasket anyway). I could imagine maybe setting a higher threshhold for the knock sensors, but then again.. I'm not a Porsche tuner.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Well I would tune the knock sensors based on season do to weather changes. IF I can avoid pulling more timing in the summer I would cause there is a crazy power loss with 90 degree weather. My point is to have that ability. I notice with Evoms cars that the car adapts full heartedly to different weather. I feel if I had to turn the boost down that much something is wrong, no (tuning)?

S

Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Why would you want to pull less timing when the engine is sensing any type of knock. I know there are some cases where you want to do it, but on a motor like ours I don't see a point. Even on my race car I think (maybe higher or little less, I haven't looked at my tune in almost 2 years) mine pulls up to 6 degrees (which yes, is lower than stock but I know if I see any knock its probably going to pop a gasket anyway). I could imagine maybe setting a higher threshhold for the knock sensors, but then again.. I'm not a Porsche tuner.

Exactly. My knock-sensors work exactly as they should. They tell me to turn the boost controller down a bit or use better fuel. I have a chart that I follow in my car that tells me the safe amount of boost for certain octane. It's accurate 99% of the time....but if the weather is really, really good (like it was last night), sometime I'll boost a bit more than I want to. That was the case last night, and the car let me how it was a tad too much. Exactly as it should have.

I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks guys. To tell you the truth, I thought for sure that he was going to beat me since I couldn't run high-boost. I was definitely pleasantly suprised at the outcome.

I would have posted the video win or lose.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

I would have posted the video win or lose.
One of the few that would. ... BTW, how do you know it is pulling timing, just seat of the pants or are you datalogging or such...Maybe I will call you this week, going to be in Newport News doing a move for LockheedMartin...

Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
BTW, how do you know it is pulling timing, just seat of the pants or are you datalogging or such...Maybe I will call you this week, going to be in Newport News doing a move for LockheedMartin...
Kev,

It's very noticeable when it happens. It goes from running perfectly smooth to running rough.

Newport News is right up the road. Definitely give me a call.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 AM
More info on the 'Busa:

it's a 04 w/ a brock full sys (exhaust), and his map, -1 in the front, lowered and strapped in the front, pair valve mod.. bike has gone a 9.1@155 in the 1/4 (with a lighter rider), and dynoed 186whp.
I've been told that stock Busa's typically make 152-155 rwhp.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-12-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Scott,

Keep em coming.

I would like to congradulate you on the kill. Keep our heads (996TT owners) up, while being safe.

Thumbs up to you and the Busa driver. Great video.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Anonymous Protomotive 996TT vs 186 rwhp modded Hayabusa