996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Video: Anonymous Protomotive 996TT vs 186 rwhp modded Hayabusa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
If you bored your motor out to 4.0 liters could you put on GT40's and still keep the lag down?
Probably not. But Chad would be a better person to ask that question to, since he's already experimented with both.

I'm personally staying with 3.6 liters.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Div - great video! Your car is a monster and there is nothing as fun as racing bikes on the highway. I recently ran a ZX-10 with bolt-ons and like you, was not running full tilt, you can see results here (if you'd like me to take this link off your thread please let me know):

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...8900d1c4e8.htm

I hope you make it to TX2K8 in March 2008 as I would love to line my street car up with yours...

Peter

Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
Wow so we are talking in the neighborhood of 1100 hp at the flywheel!

Unfricking real from a little 3600 cc flat 6 cyclinder!

If you bored your motor out to 4.0 liters could you put on GT40's and still keep the lag down?
gaining .4L just from overbore wouldn't do that much for spooling charsteristics. Stroke (due mostly to the increase in piston acceleration speed) has a far more profound result.

I haven't ever had a P-car head on a flow bench but I would be willing to bet that any gains would be the result of unshrouding the valves. Though you may need to reangle them to take full effect, and even at that I tend to think any theoretical gains would be held at bay by the thinner cylinder walls.

IMO, keep the bore down, thicker cylinders, and more head gasket sealing surface area.

Letting the hot side breathe and keeping the backpressure down is almost free hp in comparison to many other changes. It's hard to do on such a small motor and still have something reasonable to drive, but it can be done. Anything around 1.2:1 pressure ratio is doing good on a street car.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Div - great video! Your car is a monster and there is nothing as fun as racing bikes on the highway. I recently ran a ZX-10 with bolt-ons and like you, was not running full tilt, you can see results here (if you'd like me to take this link off your thread please let me know):

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...8900d1c4e8.htm

I hope you make it to TX2K8 in March 2008 as I would love to line my street car up with yours...

Peter
Great vid, Peter. Thanks for posting it!

If I'm back from Iraq in time, I will definitely be at TK2K8. So will my buddy who also has a 996TT with the essentially same setup I will have.

I want to run you, as well any other big-power Supras or Vipers I can find. I don't think I'll beat the *really* big-boys, but I think I'll put up a much better fight than some people might expect me too.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Div - GREAT! I can't wait to meet you and have some fun on the streets. My car is not a "big boy" so ours should match up nicely...

Peter

Old 08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Hopefully by TX2K8 I'll have turbos that will allow me to pick on something more than just heads/cam LS1s There are going to be a ton of P-Cars this year it seems like. You still looking at getting one too, Peter?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
My car is not a "big boy" so ours should match up nicely...
you guys may think he is being sarcastic as he has 1006RWHP but he is being honest

gotta love supras

Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
so so true and still a 3.0L.. but who knows? peter has a couple of tricks up his sleeve

Originally Posted by IIVVX
you guys may think he is being sarcastic as he has 1006RWHP but he is being honest

gotta love supras

Old 08-13-2007, 07:39 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX

gotta love supras
I hope we can meet at the Texas Jam, I think we all can play.
Robert

Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Filmed in Mexico, of course.

996TT was only running 101 octane on mid-boost, had two people in the car, plus 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

There were a few more runs made after these two, but the videos didn't turn out. They each ended up like the 2nd run due to too much traffic.

Huge props to the Hayabusa rider! Extremely cool guy who isn't afraid to run his bike hard.

http://media.putfile.com/Busa

lots of fun..

thanks for sharing..

would you like to meet a turbo busa from north carolina?? .. 8.43 @ 183+...

street bike..

Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Sure, why not? Have him come to Houston, TX March 2008 for the TX2K8 event.
Peter

Originally Posted by JR.
lots of fun..

thanks for sharing..

would you like to meet a turbo busa from north carolina?? .. 8.43 @ 183+...

street bike..

Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Div - GREAT! I can't wait to meet you and have some fun on the streets. My car is not a "big boy" so ours should match up nicely...

Peter
Peter
How many guys are you bringing from RSI to the Texas Jam? We should have next year Texas Jam at RSI? My car will be in Dallas Friday praying on any of those D boys...if they are not hiding

Old 08-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Peter
How many guys are you bringing from RSI to the Texas Jam? We should have next year Texas Jam at RSI? My car will be in Dallas Friday praying on any of those D boys...if they are not hiding
I do not think anyone from RSI will be coming, but I am not for sure on that. I think Peter said in another thread he was not going to be able to make it to the event. It would have been nice to have it hosted in Houston. I'm sure a LOT more cars would come out of the wood work. Esp the cars from Austin.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:57 PM
jerrym is infamous around these parts
wow.. thats fast.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Jesus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Considering I was only at app. 850 crank HP during those runs, weighed around 3,700 lbs with two people in the car plus 3/4 tank of fuel...and racing a Hayabusa that makes 30 more rwhp than a stock one does....I'm pretty damn thrilled with the outcome.
Right on !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Anonymous Protomotive 996TT vs 186 rwhp modded Hayabusa