996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scv8
Good stuff. How does the gearing compare between the two?
It's not quite accurate, though.

First off, stock TT's weigh well over 3,500 lbs (regardless of what the brochure might say). Also, for a TT to make 500 to the wheels, it needs around 610 HP to the crank. Drivetrain loss for a AWD TT is around 18.5% (610 x .815 = 501 AWHP).

A stock weight, AWD TT with only 560-580 at the crank (456-472 awhp) is not enough to beat a stock C6 Z06 with a good driver. The typical 600 crank HP TT's run mid to high 11's and trap in the 124-126 range. There are examples of cars out there that don't follow this trend, but they are not the norm.

As joetwint (who owns a C6 Z06 as well as a modded 996TT) already stated, it take 600+ crank HP (at least) for a TT to become a stock "Z06 killer", as the original poster wants.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-16-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Drag radials is not bonestock.
totally agree.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:33 PM
scv8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
First off, stock TT's weigh well over 3,500 lbs (regardless of what the brochure might say).
Thanks Scott. It seems like the brochures have been inaccurate lately (heard the GT3 is heavier than published as well).

Old 08-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Drag radials is not bonestock.
Ok correction he went a 11.2 @ 128 in a BONESTOCK C6 Z06 on STOCK tires. He also went a 10.8 @ 129 (Same bonestock car) on drag radials, which is not a mod. That would mean I've got more mods myself since my car didn't come with PS2's.

I love the Z06, but on a sunny day I'm not kidding when I say you'll see 4 or 5 just around the house, but there is only 1 Turbo running around (so I gotta do some mods quickly so they will stop picking on me).

Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
The key to beeting a Z in "mexico" is from a dig. At a roll, most TT will have a problem except the highly modded.

I corrected my 1/4 mile time above. Too many drugs too early in the day

Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
when it comes to 1/4 racing... drag radials are a mod in my opinion.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
ET-Streets\Drags I would consider a mod, but he did it on regular Drag Radials that can be driven on daily.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
ET-Streets\Drags I would consider a mod, but he did it on regular Drag Radials that can be driven on daily.
I understand but when I can shave off .5 seconds in a 1/4 using any kind of drag tire... no matter if its a MT or a BF goodrich... either way its huge advatage to be on either.... MTs more then BFs in this case.
Its a non performance mod just like putting skinnies on the front and or setting up ur suspension correctly.
U can easily use DRs tires... heat them up.... no issues with launching like in the P car nor worries about the gay PSM ....
just my opinion...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
So do we call r-compounds that come on factory vehicles "mods"? The PSC's that come with GT2's and the new 997 GT3 will shave a significant amoumt of time off of a drag run or a roadcourse.

Sure, they come from the factory that way..but they are definitely an unfair advantage when compared to regular old street tires.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
No one else seems to be able to Drive like Ranger,
he also had the record in the C5.

MK
There are a few stock Z06's that are in the 11.2 range in the 1/4 mile, just as ranger is. The only thing he does that is different that other guys is hyper analyze his runs and determine to the tip of the needle the perfect shift point.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Is BobbyC a mod....lol....he seems to be the best bang for the buck going these days....just kidding bro

Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM
So do we call r-compounds that come on factory vehicles "mods"? The PSC's that come with GT2's and the new 997 GT3 will shave a significant amoumt of time off of a drag run or a roadcourse.

Sure, they come from the factory that way..but they are definitely an unfair advantage when compared to regular old street tires.
if they are factory equiptment, then they are stock.

It's just like when people try to say the GT500, TT porsche, supra's are modded because they come with a turbo/supercharger.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by dgussin1
It's just like when people try to say the GT500, TT porsche, supra's are modded because they come with a turbo/supercharger.
People actually say that? LOL....

Old 08-16-2007, 05:13 PM
People actually say that? LOL....
yeah. lol You know how many time's the old "let me put a supercharger on brand x vehicle and then we'll see whose faster"

But my car came with an S/C!

"yeah, well superchargers are mods, you're car comes modded from the factory"

Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by dgussin1
yeah. lol You know how many time's the old "let me put a supercharger on brand x vehicle and then we'll see whose faster"

But my car came with an S/C!

"yeah, well superchargers are mods, you're car comes modded from the factory"
That's about as retarded as saying that the C6 Z06 came "modded" from the factory since it's LS7 engine has 427 ci instead of the 364 ci the LS6 came with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?