996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Go with a 700 HP package to be absolutely sure. You'll trap anywhere from 133-138 mph while the majority of modded Z06's seems stuck in the low 130 range.
I think you're underestimating what a cammed Z06 will trap with a good driver.

These are trap estimates for a good driver in good air with a stock weight c6Z

Stock 126-129
tune/cai/headers 130-132
cam 133-136
head work 134-138
nitrous 140+

Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Prime example, you can buy these turbos

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=94326

Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
1.3 bars without TB shutdown with a minimum of K24s with WG springs and good gas should do OK on the highway vs the vette. I had k24s, K16s, and UMW stage 5 turbos.... played with a handful of cars as well. this will not set u back $30K and still run very well.

Used exhaust $1200 to $1500
headers- stock( port ur own).
DVs( $ 200 new)
V flow( used- $450 to $500)
I was saying if he went and had a custom 700 kit put in it would cost him about 30k, but I agree there are several new or next to new parts going arund here.

About the V-flow, does it help? I've been wanting something for more flow but it seems as if nothing is worth the money or even really all that beneficial. I'm trying not to add power but it's so tempting. I would rather focus on the handling. But a v-flow, port, DV, fpr doesnt sound too bad.

Since you have tried one of everything how about a ten page report on every mod you have done to your car.

j/k

but you can tell me about your suspension.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
thanks markski,scott,heavychevy

you guys rock!!!

what do you think of the turbos for sale from highhat they are the ones from a gt650
t

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
those are Tial GT28 turbos

Old 08-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
those are Tial GT28 turbos

I think I have heard some not so good things about those turbos. I may be mistaken though.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I had them and they never gave me any problems, they just did not make the horsepower that I wanted.
Cheers
Robert

Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dgussin1
I think you're underestimating what a cammed Z06 will trap with a good driver.

These are trap estimates for a good driver in good air with a stock weight c6Z

Stock 126-129
tune/cai/headers 130-132
cam 133-136
head work 134-138
nitrous 140+
Don't underestimate the car. Under estimate the driver. Z'S ARE VERY HARD TO LAUNCH. Ranger has literally hundreds of launches and meticulously keeps track of all conditions. He is a pro.

When I was finished my Z had and intake, tune, headers, cam, race clutch and much more. 565 rwhp (est. 650 at the crank). Nobody every touched me from a roll. From a dig, I could foul up the launch rather easy. The stock clutch in the Z's really suck. I actually singed it stock.

TT are much more forgiving for a multitude of reasons.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
When I was finished my Z had and intake, tune, headers, cam, race clutch and much more. 565 rwhp (est. 650 at the crank). Nobody every touched me from a roll. From a dig, I could foul up the launch rather easy. The stock clutch in the Z's really suck. I actually singed it stock.
[/quote]

Hmmm interesting, I would like to see some 60 to 130 times.
Robert

Old 08-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I was saying if he went and had a custom 700 kit put in it would cost him about 30k, but I agree there are several new or next to new parts going arund here.
No...you can get a Proto PE700 kit for under $20k.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Hmmm interesting, I would like to see some 60 to 130 times.
Robert
As would I. I'd be impressed if one hit low 7's.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Scott, I just picked up a 1k mile 06 Z that is getting the best N/A package and clutch you can buy. Sort-of an impulse buy. I have never owned a domestic, let alone a N/A car. I should have it within a few weeks and I'll get some comparative Driftbox numbers out of it on the same stretch I did the 5.9 on the GT2.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:33 AM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
I actually have no idea what the times were. In Mexico, I played with many corvettes, maybe 1 TT (don't know about mod's), a highly modified Supra and others. Never lost. After the mod's, most cars wouldn't even try anything once they heard the car. It sounded mean as hell. Every car I ever played with lost by many car lengths.

All the above is true when it was not in the shop. I think GM has fixed their oil pump issues, roof panels, rear half shaft breakage problem and many others. However, I was just disappointed in so many problems.

The clutch and the programming are actually designed to either reduce power or release (clutch) to reduce warranty claims (wear and tear on drivetrain).

Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Scott, I just picked up a 1k mile 06 Z that is getting the best N/A package and clutch you can buy. Sort-of an impulse buy. I have never owned a domestic, let alone a N/A car. I should have it within a few weeks and I'll get some comparative Driftbox numbers out of it on the same stretch I did the 5.9 on the GT2.

Vey nice, Jamie.

I actually like the Z06. I've considered getting one myself a few times. You can't deny it's capabilites.

Definitely let us know how it goes with runs, as I'm curious to see where it falls. The only modded Corvette time we currently have on our 60-130 list is a twin-turbo C5 Z06 (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler) that made 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi and ran a 7.56 with 1 shift.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-17-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by forhamilton
I actually have no idea what the times were. In Mexico, I played with many corvettes, maybe 1 TT (don't know about mod's), a highly modified Supra and others. Never lost. After the mod's, most cars wouldn't even try anything once they heard the car. It sounded mean as hell. Every car I ever played with lost by many car lengths.

All the above is true when it was not in the shop. I think GM has fixed their oil pump issues, roof panels, rear half shaft breakage problem and many others. However, I was just disappointed in so many problems.

The clutch and the programming are actually designed to either reduce power or release (clutch) to reduce warranty claims (wear and tear on drivetrain).
Sounds like the car was a real best...when it was running. All the issues definitely had to be frustrating for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?