996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Scott, I just picked up a 1k mile 06 Z that is getting the best N/A package and clutch you can buy. Sort-of an impulse buy. I have never owned a domestic, let alone a N/A car. I should have it within a few weeks and I'll get some comparative Driftbox numbers out of it on the same stretch I did the 5.9 on the GT2.
If you don't mind me asking, but who are you having do the work?

Old 08-17-2007, 09:01 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Vey nice, Jamie.

I actually like the Z06. I've considered getting one myself a few times. You can't deny it's capabilites.

Definitely let us know how it goes with runs, as I'm curious to see where it falls. The only modded Corvette time we currently have on our 60-130 list is a twin-turbo C5 Z06 (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler) that made 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi and ran a 7.56 with 1 shift.
I'll be disappointed if I can only get a mid 7 out of it

Old 08-17-2007, 09:09 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
If you don't mind me asking, but who are you having do the work?
I don't think he wants any info out on this kit yet until we get it complete with a dyno. But we're hoping for the highest real N/A numbers...none of the LG dyno tricks, etc....

Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I don't think he wants any info out on this kit yet until we get it complete with a dyno. But we're hoping for the highest real N/A numbers...none of the LG dyno tricks, etc....
Sounds good, can't wait to hear the #'s! You will really enjoy the car.

So you know about the LG Dyno queens also!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by forhamilton
I actually have no idea what the times were. In Mexico, I played with many corvettes, maybe 1 TT (don't know about mod's), a highly modified Supra and others. Never lost. After the mod's, most cars wouldn't even try anything once they heard the car. It sounded mean as hell. Every car I ever played with lost by many car lengths.

All the above is true when it was not in the shop. I think GM has fixed their oil pump issues, roof panels, rear half shaft breakage problem and many others. However, I was just disappointed in so many problems.

The clutch and the programming are actually designed to either reduce power or release (clutch) to reduce warranty claims (wear and tear on drivetrain).

I guess you never took a trip up to houston, I for sure there are some guys there that can do more than hang, of course I dont know how close CC is to Houston either.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
mike5876 is infamous around these parts
too bad z06 has the image prob

Old 08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Jamie,

Congrats on the Z06, should be alot of fun!!
I am anxious to see its numbers on all motor as well.

MK

Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
mike5876 is infamous around these parts
saw a mag at the store with a 900hp z06 nitrous car

Old 08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dont believe everything that you read...

Old 08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by mikefl
saw a mag at the store with a 900hp z06 nitrous car
If its a black one from Dallas, TX. It made like 700-800rwhp and shot 2 or 3 pistons out the exhaust (in pieces of course).

Old 08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
If its a black one from Dallas, TX. It made like 700-800rwhp and shot 2 or 3 pistons out the exhaust (in pieces of course).
Damn!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
shot 2 or 3 pistons out the exhaust (in pieces of course).
I hate it when that happens.

Craig

Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Craig

Craig
Lean is mean

*correction* It was part of a piston and most of the spark plugs and other random crap. Looking for the video of it right now.

*Final Edit* http://www.spdkilz.org/Video-Audio/C.../C6Z06Boom.wmv (Notice the sparks coming out the exhaust at first, those are pieces of the plugs, then boom). They tried spraying a 350shot and the motor was not to happy about it I think they finally got it lined out on a 300 or something.

Last edited by Powell; 08-17-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:51 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig

Craig

Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I guess you never took a trip up to houston, I for sure there are some guys there that can do more than hang, of course I dont know how close CC is to Houston either.
Very true. MTI in Houston did a portion of the work. There are some amazing cars in Houston. Remember, I did not go out and look for ppl to race. The Z was utilized as a weekend track car.

Now at the track it was a total different story. The car was on CCW's with Goodyear slicks and had Stoptech brakes on the front with race pads. The car was only hampered by my ability. Oh my God fast. Until it broke repeatedly

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?