996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikefl
saw a mag at the store with a 900hp z06 nitrous car
It's in this months Modified Luxury and Exotics. Has a claimed 860rwhp with a 350 shot.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:27 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Very true. MTI in Houston did a portion of the work. There are some amazing cars in Houston. Remember, I did not go out and look for ppl to race. The Z was utilized as a weekend track car.

Now at the track it was a total different story. The car was on CCW's with Goodyear slicks and had Stoptech brakes on the front with race pads. The car was only hampered by my ability. Oh my God fast. Until it broke repeatedly
CC is not that far away from H town and you are probably not there now .... but if you are free come to RSI in September
Cheers
Robert

Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkp993
It's in this months Modified Luxury and Exotics. Has a claimed 860rwhp with a 350 shot.
350 shot?! I'm sorry...but I really have a hard time taking cars that run that much nitrous seriously. Regardless of how fast they are when they're spraying. Just my opinion...

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-17-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
350 shot?! I'm sorry...but I really have a hard time taking cars that run that much nitrous, seriously. Regardless of how fast they are when they're spraying. Just my opinion...
Agreed! Just quoting the article. I've never been a fan of NOS.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkp993
Agreed! Just quoting the article. I've never been a fan of NOS.
+2

You cant call them a joke because they are fast, but I dont like them, especially people who dont build the motor for it and just throw it on there.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Very true. MTI in Houston did a portion of the work. There are some amazing cars in Houston. Remember, I did not go out and look for ppl to race. The Z was utilized as a weekend track car.

Now at the track it was a total different story. The car was on CCW's with Goodyear slicks and had Stoptech brakes on the front with race pads. The car was only hampered by my ability. Oh my God fast. Until it broke repeatedly

MTI in houston is garbage, I had them build me a motor package, still dont have several parts I paid for. The motor was crap and I had to rebuild it, got to the point that I had to file suit.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MTI!!!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
MTI in houston is garbage, I had them build me a motor package, still dont have several parts I paid for. The motor was crap and I had to rebuild it, got to the point that I had to file suit.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO MTI!!!!!
Don't take your car there if you want to be slow.

http://www.vobra.org/vids/newbest.wmv
^-- Must be a real garbage place who did the work on this car. 10.55's letting out early on motor.. just garbage I tell ya

Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 AM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
MTI sucks, I agree. Enough rant.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Don't take your car there if you want to be slow.

http://www.vobra.org/vids/newbest.wmv
^-- Must be a real garbage place who did the work on this car. 10.55's letting out early on motor.. just garbage I tell ya
Yes, I have not heard anything bad about MTI. They delivered the gas to me without a delivery charge and on the same day I requested it. Also, MTI built the yellow C6 with a supercharger that spank a couple of TTs. Hmmm not to mention their girlies are extremely hot !!
Cheers
Robert

Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 AM
If I told you the whole story you'd understand why they suck.

How about all the Darton sleeves they screwed up on people 427 packages? They had to rebuild several of them because they messed it up, I have not only seen them but talk to the owners. There is more than enough garbage on them to discourage one from going there.

BTW one fast car isnt enough to keep a tuner from sucking. Ever heard of hennessey???

Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
I should know better than to get involved in this, but here goes. Did MTI do the rebuilds under waranty? Do you know both sides of the story behind the Darton sleeves? Also, was it a manufacturer error or installer error? Either way, as long as the responsible parties took responsibility...

Old 08-18-2007, 09:05 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs down

and whenever you beat someone with NOS, they always say thier bottle
was empty, that gets old.

MK

Old 08-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Marty,
I love your car!!! What about a GT2 conversion? If I am not mistake the radiators in a GT2 are align differently for better cooling and ofcouse the replacing the mechanical wing would save you weight.

Heavy
I have heard of the problems, but the person I know that are in H town got every fixed underwarranty for free. I heard it was the manufacture.

Chris
If the weather holds, I hope all of us local P cars can crash some of the Bimmers tonight!

Old 08-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Dez there are two sides to every story and I know both. I lurk on Corvette Forums and saw your post. Also Chris @ MTI is one of my really good friends so I know the full story from their stand point also. I will leave it at that with your case.

The Darton sleeve motors were replaced free under warranty unless they had n2o or a supercharger. They stand by their warranty and products. The Darton sleeves were flawed from the actual manufacture thats why every big company that did sleeved motors had to replace them. Some motors held, others didn't and they were replaced.

Marty I agree to an extent with nitrous motors, but its a power adder just like a turbo the only thing is its not on all the time. If you have a car that can destroy most cars you'll run across on motor then hang with the big boys on n2o thats fun right there.

Rob send me a PM with what time you all are going out. I didn't know there was a meet tonight.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM
scv8 is infamous around these parts
Heavy- I see you're also in GA. Have you tried this MTI?

http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted, Z06 Killer! What to do; Evoms or Protomotive?