996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

32hp and 22ftlbs Gained - My New Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
deandob is infamous around these parts
Dan, any news on an upgraded box that has inlets on the left as well as the right? As I live in a hotter climate and not interested in upgrading ICs, the 3 degrees drop in temperature reported by dixie would be welcome.

Also happy to be a beta tester for v2.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Dragon911TT is infamous around these parts
Any more feedback on these? Is the dual unit ready yet?

Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 PM
deandob is infamous around these parts
Any updates on the new box?

Looking at the design of the box, the airflow from the right hand side of the box to the left hand side of the box is not streamlined, as the forced air from the lid intake will bounce around the inlet box, then go through the silicon pipe to the filter box where it hits only a small cross-section of the conical filter. Not ideal but it obviously works as per vivid's dyno graphs and reports in this thread.

However with the v2 and a cutout on the left hand side things should improve a lot. Here the ram air from the new left inlet will go straight into the top of the filter, and it should be possible to route the air from the right hand box to under the filter, increasing its flow capacity as a bigger cross section of the filter will be used.

2 other things come to mind that may improve things, putting a couple of aerodynamic baffles in both boxes to better direct the inlet airflow, and insulation around the pipes and airbox.

Dan, you may want to consider these mods for your v2 as they should be easy to do. Or am I reading too much into this (my power target is 600hp)???

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Guys we have 25 more of these Cold Air Intakes instock and on SPECIAL RIGHT NOW for $550 shipped. If anyone wants one, contact me.

For those that bought the airbox and interested in the 2nd Snorkel, Read Our Updated Here on the Blog.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I now can make the aluminum snorkels which are powdercoated black if anyone wants to purchase it for their previous box or for a new box. They are $250. Each is made to order.

We are CLEARANCING the remainder of the intakes we have instock. We are going to be focusing on our new carbon fiber units. We are offering these at an incredible $455 plus shipping. Ask anyone running the intake and you will find out how well this box really performs.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM
H8T WP is infamous around these parts
$455 plus shipping... I am trying to get one of these in the UK but they are no where near that price, can you assist?

Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 AM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
any more reviews or commenta since this came out from anyone??

Old 04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor
This intake was discontinued a year or so ago. We probably sold 100+. I do have 1 kit with a blemish and sold as is I can sell for that. Paypal dan@vividracing.com. We now sell this dual snorkel one here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...6tt-11&x=0&y=0

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Why did you go for the current design using a panel filter rather than a cone air filter ??

ive seen the clearance one you have for $50 but its like $400 posted to UK !! ? ill happily take it if we caould do a better postage deal

Old 04-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor
That price is listed in error. I can send it to you for $300 total. Paypal dan@vividracing.com.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm not bothered about the dings and scratches as long as it includes everything needed for me to install, e.g. nuts, bolts, jubilee clips, just all the bits so I can whack it in there on same day, then we have a deal

but why is your new design classed as more functional than this? can i buy the snort seperatley and use the best of both versions and cut a hole in the left hand box ?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor
Yes it does.