996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

32hp and 22ftlbs Gained - My New Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sportec makes them for Kevin I believe. I am sure he can chime in?

I suck at life. Was dropped off this morning to powder coat, hoping manana.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:03 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I saw pics, whats the biggie??

Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
banduga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
- What is it made out of
- What colors would you want it in
- How much is it worth to you
- How would you design an intake
1. CF is my preference, but you said "powdercoat", so I'm assuming its some sort of metal.
2. Black
3. Depends on the benefits, no?
4. I wouldn't. I'd pay someone who knows his shtuff to do it.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Shawnd is infamous around these parts
Dan,

Coming down tomorrow morning. You going to be around?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Will be here!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 PM
awizrd is infamous around these parts
I live in Gilbert and would love to stop by but only really have weekends available...Any thoughts on being open on Saturdays? Even if was just until noon that would be cool

Have we got pics of the intake yet?????

Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor
I was at the shop all weekend long putting the Jubily kit on our Cayenne. See the Cayenne section. I will have it for sure tomorrow. It was out of my hands.

Also, we are there early and stay pretty late, so if you want to come by at a certain time, just PM me.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
UP!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
I just got back. Going to take pics now...

Old 09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I bet your next post says "My camera broke. I'm just driving into town
to find a nice replacement"

Old 09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor
My camera broke, i'm just driving into town to find a replacement...

Wait how the hell did you know!

Actually pics in PSHOP. Working on editing.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Finally Here!!!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO PREORDER go here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/45355

use coupon code 6SPDINTAKE during checkout to get the $100 discount. These will be shipping in 2 weeks.

Alright... Finally. Sorry to all for the small delays. I greatly appreciate your patience. This project has been very fun for me. This would be the first time I was heavily involved in R&D and creating something that was truly positive. No matter what others think, I am excited to have reached this point. I think from the first sample piece till the final one, this has been a good progression.

The first prototype came off the MAF and did a elbow with a long silicone tube to a box on the other side of the car. For some reason, MAF did not like the long air and actually lost horsepower. I cannot find pics of that, but it was cool. Then we looked at other peoples designs and noticed that they all use similar position to the stock box. So we took the long silicone and shortened it to just the elbow off the MAF and made power. So we said, "wow, it needs a straight shot". So once we had our direction, you can see where our next prototype went below in pics.

Without spending the $$$ on rotomold like EVO or even carbon fiber, we wanted to keep costs down to offer a good alternative to the competition. We wanted to incorporate silicone and our style to the product. So what we did was built 2 sheet metal boxes. Each box which is coated with High Temp powdercoat to reduce temperature inside the box is then connected to each other with a 3.5Inch piece of Silicon Tube as shown. The box on the right fits with the factory duct to guide air into it which is then sucked through to the other side. The left box is enclosed with a removable lid. Underneath the lid is a K&N cone filter. As we speak, K&N is building us a custom filter to fit our box and offer more surface area. However, as tested, the K&N filter we are using now is what produced the HP on the dyno and is doing the work .

The MAF pipe uses a CNC machined MAF housing for a perfect straight fit of the MAF sensor. Since it controls almost 90% of the cars functionality as we learned, we wanted this part to be DEAD NUTS on, no issues. The MAF pipe is actually part silicone and part aluminum tube. 80% of it is silicone to reduce temperatures that the aluminum tube can cause. This tube is fit into a "Key Hole" of the back of the box which connects to the filter.

Now, blowing MAF's..... Well if you have ever looked at your stock box, there is a honey comb looking plastic part in there and then a thin wire metal one too in front of the MAF. This helps keep the air flat and stable as we talked about on our very very first post. So, we did our research and wanted to know how to prevent MAF from popping and what others are using. After some phone calls, we were told by a manufacturer that during testing, they use window screen. I said, "What?" Yep, so I found metal screen from a distributor which was cut to fit around the 3.5inch pipe. Tested on the car, tested voltage, tested with Porsche scan tool, and holy crap it works. So what we have put inside the MAF tube is a screen similar to the one you see in there now. No MAF issues. Will talk about the guarantee later.

So you can see the first intake complete below. The 2nd one is with a seperate inlet. We are in the process of making the dual inlet setup now. The second inlet will act like the 997TT by directing "ram" air from both sides of the rear decklid increasing cool air flow. For all that buy the Gen 1, they can upgrade to the Gen 2 which will include the new top, duct, and plate. Dont have an ETA on this, but hopefully month end.

So there you have it, my project complete and available to those that want to buy it. I should have 25 shippable end of next week. So first come first serve. After that another 25 will be ready the week after. 6speed members price will be $550. Boxes will be black and you will have your choice of silicone colors to match our cool boost and F hose kits. Red, Blue, Yellow, or Silver.

If you want to preorder, just PM or email me. All those that have, i will contact you now.

Kits will include everything you need to install and bolt on. No programming is needed, though we welcome you to pair it with our Upsolute ECU Upgrade. As far as the MAF guarantee, I will put that in writing on the product page shortly. I will have install instructions, more pics, and video coming soon. Also we have a temperature gauge being installed which will show the difference of inside and outside the box.

Feedback welcome.

Dan

Prototype 1

Prototype 2

Dyno Testing

Big Gains in HP and TQ -

Gen 1 Production Part

Gen 2 Prototype COMING SOON

Last edited by vividracing; 09-10-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Dragon911TT is infamous around these parts
Can't wait to see the temperature comparison. How much does it weigh?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So there is a Gen 2 model soming out too? What is the difference?

BTW, I'll take one please.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor
probably weighs under 5lbs. Metal does not mean heavy

Gen 2 is an upgraded lid that will get air in from the left side. You can buy gen 1 now. The different between the 2 will be the lid basically.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 32hp and 22ftlbs Gained - My New Project