996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Quarter Mile times on STREET TIRES??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
It really comes down to skill... these P cars are not easy to drive. I ran a 11.5
with a 1.74 60 foot on stage 3 FVD with K24s and all of that was on 19s with yokohama 315/25/19s.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Correction,

My mistake: I meant non-drag radials.
I meant an all performance tire that you could drive in the rain,
and drive on a road racing course. NOT DRAG RADIALS.

thanks,

Big Joe, got it right.
I will be on PS2 as that is all I have presently.

MK

Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Correction,

Well, technically...you could do all of the above on DR's. But I absolutely get your point, Marty.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
tom03lightning is infamous around these parts
do they make a 19in drag radial yet...I know there are 18's now (took them long enough to make'em)

Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom03lightning
do they make a 19in drag radial yet...I know there are 18's now (took them long enough to make'em)
Not yet AFAIK. Only 19" r-compounds.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Oops...my bad. Best time with AWD, intake, exhaust and tune was 11.65 @ 126. That was on very old Pilot Sports (not PS2's)..and a 1.8 60'.
I actually got great times on PS2s and RA1 but the only time I ran in RWD was when I broke my drive shaft

Old 08-20-2007, 12:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Correction,

thanks,

Big Joe, got it right.
I will be on PS2 as that is all I have presently.

MK
Marty I ran on PS2s and got in the 10s so as far as street tires go it's as good as they get so good luck man!

Old 08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I think it will depend on who you ask. But IMO, any DOT approved, street-legal tire...should be considered a street tire. To me...this definition includes both drag radials and r-compounds. I run DR's on my car 100% of the time, and they drive perfectly fine on the street. I have to install my r-compounds in my garage, but I will eventually.

Now, if Marty is asking about street tires other than DR's and r-compounds, than of course that's different. But since all street tires have varying degress of stickiness...where is the line drawn if not at DOT regulations?

I believe that all of the RWD cars that have hit 10's were running either drag radials or r-compounds (Cleve Meredith went 10.8 in his GT700 GT2 on r-compounds). Many of the AWD cars as well.

The really fast cars are running 17" MT drag slicks...which are far, far stickier than your "regular" DR's are (i.e., BFG DR, Nitto DR, etc..).
I agree completely, and understand, but this could be confusing for people that arent familiar with the high hp club. The issue is launching, a DR can get you a 1.5 60' time which would easily get your car into the 10's probably, but getting even a 1.8 60' is difficult on PS2's or the like with your power and RWD. I would guess and say maybe a 1.7 is possible on the plain non DR's.

I just think there needs to be some differentiation because the original poster did not have this in mind when he posed the question. Running 10's on PS2's or BFG KDW2 is a much bigger feat than running it on DR's. Not saying it cant be done, be we are talking two different classes of tires, very different.

People that dont really know high hp cars like we do might get it confused. DR's are pretty much standard for some of the hp people are pushing these
days. I say that the tires are just posted.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I agree completely, and understand, but this could be confusing for people that arent familiar with the high hp club. The issue is launching, a DR can get you a 1.5 60' time which would easily get your car into the 10's probably, but getting even a 1.8 60' is difficult on PS2's or the like with your power and RWD. I would guess and say maybe a 1.7 is possible on the plain non DR's.

I just think there needs to be some differentiation because the original poster did not have this in mind when he posed the question. Running 10's on PS2's or BFG KDW2 is a much bigger feat than running it on DR's. Not saying it cant be done, be we are talking two different classes of tires, very different.

People that dont really know high hp cars like we do might get it confused. DR's are pretty much standard for some of the hp people are pushing these
days. I say that the tires are just posted.
Makes sense, and I actually agree. Except for the part about the 1.5 60' on DR's. That's damn difficult to do in our cars. These things just don't launch very well compared to many other cars....whether they are left AWD or converted to RWD. It's can be frustrating.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
MTs with 17s can do 1.5s.... but that is not a good street tire... floats too much.

click to view

Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM
autoaddictions is infamous around these parts
best et on 19S

My best on 19s AWD was 11.44 @124 with a 1.62 60. I can lay down 1.65s all day on 19s with street tires. Im not sure how i ran so fast on a stage 2 Evo kit with only k16s and a stock clutch. Most people say my cars a freak!!! Heres a video of a pump gas run against a c6 . Sorry night time.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12588592736145

Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
It looks like as long you break into the 10's on PS2's you should be good.
Is your car set up like Scott's was when he ran mid 10's on street tires?
What track are you going to run it at? It seems like a long drive from Minnetonka to Brainerd to do some 1/4 runs. Is there anything else closer?
Mid Sept/Early October in flat *** MN is a good combo for some good times.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by autoaddictions
My best on 19s AWD was 11.44 @124 with a 1.62 60. I can lay down 1.65s all day on 19s with street tires. Im not sure how i ran so fast on a stage 2 Evo kit with only k16s and a stock clutch. Most people say my cars a freak!!! Heres a video of a pump gas run against a c6 . Sorry night time.
Maybe it also has something to do with the track. From the look of it ur in NJ and I hear that there are some of the fastest tracks in the country.
BTW, I must have ran 60 to 80 times here in Chicago on a non NHRA track ( not prepped well) and my best was 1.71 60 ft. on 19s. It was also usually very humid and in the low 90s.

click to view

Old 08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Luis,

It is called Rock Falls, Wiscosin. According to my tire burning, Viper buddies,
it is a poorly prepped track, but the weather is supposed to be good.
I am not trying to set records, I just want to try some more things in my car.
I am in the process of signing up for the Texas Mile as well, and will most
likely to the Nord Stern "Last Fling". Now that my car is running well, I just
want to use it! (like you do, Luis Jr.)
cheers,
Marty

Markski,
I wonder if it is possible to get a better 60' with lower powered cars?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Cool. I forgot about the WI tracks. I am trying to convince my pops to sell his car and buy something that will get him around BIR in the 1:40's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Quarter Mile times on STREET TIRES??