996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sway Bar Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
Sway Bar Help

have 01 with pss9"s lowered whats the best sway bar???

Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
H&R front and rear, or GMG's set.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 PM
fly2low is infamous around these parts
GT3 is another option

Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fly2low
GT3 is another option
Definitely. Not as thick as the H&R's or GMG's but more cost effective. Can't really go wrong, i've heard good things about all of them. I personally run the H&R's, but only b/c GMG was out of stock at the time.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:45 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Don't forget the TRG sways.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Turbo Performance Center offers some VERY beefy sway bars.

Craig

Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
If you only have the PSS9's wont matter much. and really wont matter what you choose as all above are better then stock.
I went with the GT3 sway, it is hollow and light and from porsche. the others are probably every bit as good.
bottom line is probably not what sway you add but did you add one.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by tom kerr
If you only have the PSS9's wont matter much. and really wont matter what you choose as all above are better then stock.
I went with the GT3 sway, it is hollow and light and from porsche. the others are probably every bit as good.
bottom line is probably not what sway you add but did you add one.

Will GT3 front sway bar fit AWD 996TT? Where can I get a set of GT3 sway bar? Please advice thanks!

Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 AM
fly2low is infamous around these parts
Got them on mine, front and back. They are a Porsche part - so local dealer, Sun Coast, Pelican maybe, Carnewal, Sunset, etc., etc

Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
tom have pss9's guess the gt3 will be the right move thanks steve

Old 08-23-2007, 05:54 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
GT3rear is fine, I don't think GT3 front will work without different drop links. The rear is all you need. I have that on the second to stiffest setting and it is on rails. Pss9 set at 3front 2 rear. It is a little stiff but handles SWEET. The corner balance and aggressive alignment don't hurt either. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silver
GT3rear is fine, I don't think GT3 front will work without different drop links. The rear is all you need. I have that on the second to stiffest setting and it is on rails. Pss9 set at 3front 2 rear. It is a little stiff but handles SWEET. The corner balance and aggressive alignment don't hurt either. Good luck.
So the stock tt rear end links work with the GT3 rear bar? I heard from one dealer that I'd need different length end links to go with the GT3 bar. I'm also running PSS9s set to 3/2.

Jeff

Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
So the stock tt rear end links work with the GT3 rear bar? I heard from one dealer that I'd need different length end links to go with the GT3 bar. I'm also running PSS9s set to 3/2.

Jeff
Jeff, I just ordered GT3 sways front and rear and Sunset told me the drop links in the rear are 30mm too short. I ordered a set of very beefy drop links from The Racers Group they look great although they have not been installed yet. Kevin

Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KPG
Jeff, I just ordered GT3 sways front and rear and Sunset told me the drop links in the rear are 30mm too short. I ordered a set of very beefy drop links from The Racers Group they look great although they have not been installed yet. Kevin
I expect to hang with a couple of TRG guys at Sear Poin, errrr Infineon tomorrow for the Indy car race. Maybe I can score a discount! It turns one of my coworkers used to crew for Kevin Buckler, and he asked if I wanted to tag along tomorrow.

Jeff

Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
I expect to hang with a couple of TRG guys at Sear Poin, errrr Infineon tomorrow for the Indy car race. Maybe I can score a discount!

Jeff
At 600$ a set, better start shmoozing early . They are great quality though and cannot be compared to stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.