996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 race gas program rocks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
GT700 race gas program rocks!

I really have never used my race gas program because I have not found a good source for race gas and didn't want to buy a 55 gallon drum. I finally found a place that has Sunoco 104 unleaded.

Put some in this morning and switched to the race gas program Man this could become addictive! Runs like a raped ape! At $6.00/gallon it will definately put a dent in my wallet though!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
I'm lucky enough to have about 3 gas stations in a 15-mile radius around me to fill up with: 100, 110, or 116... Ends up perfect, although by me, it is only mid-$5 for any of the above octanes.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Dirtbag! I am jealous!

Are the 110/116 unleaded?

Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !S-351 Is a GOD !
Race gas tune....IMO the ONLY way to go. Im scared if I have my 92 tune in i'll run into someone that I need the race file for. LOL

Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
Dirtbag! I am jealous!

Are the 110/116 unleaded?
The 110 is unleaded, 116 is leaded.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:04 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
You guy's are so lucky, 104 is $13.00 a gallon where I live, no gas stations sell it so you have to go to a speed shop

Buddy, now I want to try it even more....damn you

B

Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Sorry Ben try the race gas concentrate I found from Torco, might be helpful.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
I pay $7 for 104. I wish they had 110 unleaded over here so I could run higher boost.

Ben- $13 for 104 is brutal and I thought I had it bad

Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
You guy's are so lucky, 104 is $13.00 a gallon where I live, no gas stations sell it so you have to go to a speed shop

Buddy, now I want to try it even more....damn you

B
Speaking from my personal experience, it is a HUGE kick in the pants. Here is my scenario EVERY TIME I fill up with race gas...
  • Pull into the gas station with fuel light on
  • Fill up tank with race gas
  • Close fuel flap
  • You are feeling locked and loaded at this point
  • Start her up
  • Give her some gas
  • Put it in gear
  • Pull to the exit of the gas station
  • Let ALL traffic pass and then wait for a little bit giving yourself ENOUGH room for some fun
  • RIP out of the gas station, WIDE OPEN THROTTLE
  • WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Drive the ever living **** out of your car to enhance the experience
  • BACK ON EMPTY!
  • Fill back up with normal 93 octane...
  • Drive normal until next fueling with race gas

Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM
That is exactly right Jimbo! As I was finishing filling up it started raining! OH CRAP! No way to jump on it and really feel the difference. Headed towards work and the rain kept letting up, then stopped, then the roads started to become dryer! Sweet right before I get to work dry roads, let it rip a few times from 2nd gear up to 4th YEE HAW!

Oh yeah I like the smell of race gas too and the white residue in the tailpipe!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by buddyg
That is exactly right Jimbo! As I was finishing filling up it started raining! OH CRAP! No way to jump on it and really feel the difference. Headed towards work and the rain kept letting up, then stopped, then the roads started to become dryer! Sweet right before I get to work dry roads, let it rip a few times from 2nd gear up to 4th YEE HAW!

Oh yeah I like the smell of race gas too and the white residue in the tailpipe!
Yeah, I hate it when it starts to rain after filling up with race gas... but it is the perfect opportunity for controlled power slides.

Yeah, I'll just let it idle in the garage for about 5-10 minutes, the smell is pure bliss.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
hey buddy

be careful i wanna ride tomorrow by the way where did you get the 104 i wanna do some driftbox test

t

Old 08-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Van Mannen Oil at 0-345 Lake Michigan Drive. Just found out about it yesterday.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I'm lucky enough to have about 3 gas stations in a 15-mile radius around me to fill up with: 100, 110, or 116... Ends up perfect, although by me, it is only mid-$5 for any of the above octanes.
Where are these gas stations? I drive out to Schaumburg to fill up 100-octane at the Gast City. Is there anything closer to downtown or Glenview?

-Awais

Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by O-Ace
Where are these gas stations? I drive out to Schaumburg to fill up 100-octane at the Gast City. Is there anything closer to downtown or Glenview?

-Awais
I'm up in Gurnee...

By me there is one in Zion, Waukegan, and then one up in Kenosha, WI.

http://www.rockettbrand.com/dealers/...s.htm#illinois
http://www.cruisintigersgto.com/for_...uel_finder.htm

Hope those help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT700 race gas program rocks!