996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What do you tell your wife when you mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007 | 11:55 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
What do I say to my wife? How many carats would you like dear?

Craig
wow! is THAT how it works? i'm gonna try that! wait....i just got 19" rims, euro lights, HID's, and tint. HE got 19"s, tint, euro lights, and HID's.

i guess i did okay this month. haha! we just both get our mods at the same time. that way, nobody has to play "catch up".

oh, and i have a 4 carat on. there are other ways to get what you want! ask my hubby why i get so much! i'm very talented! give and take....give and take!

Old 08-24-2007 | 12:27 AM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Separate bank account as well...she took her money out due to my car mods/purchases. Now there's no issues, just recently got dirty looks when I brought home a NSX last week.

Old 08-24-2007 | 05:24 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
I always have some reason that makes sense to me but leaves her with a look like "What do you take me for an idiot".. balance is key....keep track of her purchases as well for leverage...

Old 08-24-2007 | 05:42 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
As has been said, we could have much worse hobbies or vices. Boats, women, drugs or booz. Really she says she's happy when I'm happy. Cars keep me occupied. If I'm not home I'm at one of the shops with the guys. I also make her part of the process. I've found she'll accept things when I fill her in on the projects. I tried to hide things in the beginning and it backfired. She knows I work hard and this is my just deserved treat. I also do not tell her she can't get something when she wants.

Old 08-24-2007 | 06:41 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
How does that saying go??

"He who has the Gold makes the rules"???

Old 08-24-2007 | 06:43 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
I guess I have a totally different relationship with my wife. When I said I really wanted a stage 4 and everything else for my car about two months ago she started to cut down on her expenses as well as mine. Since then everytime I wanted to spend some money on stupid things she would remind me about my stage 4 and that does it for me. She has already saved way more than what I was able to and I am half way there. She does not spend a dime on anything she does't really need.

Old 08-24-2007 | 06:44 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
My wife has been through Stage 5, blown motor and GT700. You should see the bling she is wearing!

Old 08-24-2007 | 07:05 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
I don't hangout in bars, yacht clubs, golf courses, or brothels. I’m a confessed Gear Head and she knows where to find me when I’m not with her. She knows I work hard and moding and trouble shooting relaxes me. She knows that I am providing for her well being and our retirement in the future. Also it helps to be the primary bread winner and to keep her in diamonds and gold. Separate checking accounts helps.

Old 08-24-2007 | 07:41 AM
dbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond reputedbf73 has a reputation beyond repute
threaten to buy motorcycle then mod away

Old 08-24-2007 | 07:51 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I am with Porschedude 996TT... ^^^^,except my wife outearns me!

I have to tread lightly on how many trips my car makes to Protomotive.

MK

Old 08-24-2007 | 07:52 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I just don't mod

Old 08-24-2007 | 08:24 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RDH
I always have some reason that makes sense to me but leaves her with a look like "What do you take me for an idiot".. balance is key....keep track of her purchases as well for leverage...
lol! that's MY excuse! i always say that i want mine to be "unique" and not a look-a-like. something tells me, unless the other 1/2 is into cars, they don't give a rats as*! fortunately, we both buy toys at the same time. oh wait....he just got the V1 and i'm radarless!

Old 08-24-2007 | 08:27 AM
i'm having to disagree with the whole diamonds/gold thing. you shouldn't have to spend a mint on the lady every time you want something new. as the bread winner, and as your hobby, then why do you have to play "keep up"? now, like i said before, if she's driving a $1000 car, then okay. otherwise, do what i did. buck up, save, work hard, and participate in earning your own. that's speaking to the ladies. shouldn't just expect it to come your way. a guy can appreciate a girl that contributes. not one that just expects for the score card to remain even. =)

Old 08-24-2007 | 08:29 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I tell her the car is going in for an oil change.

Old 08-24-2007 | 09:20 AM
|
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Oil Change!

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I tell her the car is going in for an oil change.
Oil change, now thats a great one! Im gonna upgrade my exhaust system and tell my wife I'm going in for an oil change. When she hears the exhaust, I'll just tell her it's the new oil thats causing the different noise. Honestly with all respect to my wife, she would believe me, she doesn't care a rat's as* about cars! "Rice is Nice"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do you tell your wife when you mod?