996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What do you tell your wife when you mod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:23 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
I tried honesty.... now she wants me to get her a 997 Turbo (because she thinks they are nicer looking than 996 Turbos)... and she's already planning mods for it... ouch.

Gentlemen... lie, then lie some more!

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:28 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dbf73
threaten to buy motorcycle then mod away
This works... talk about motorcycles for months.... then propose an alternative... hehehe... talk about motorcycle accidents you saw on the way to work also... but how much you would really love one, and wow one hits 60 in 2.5 seconds, etc.. hehehe.

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:30 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I guess that I am a bad guy......I don't clear any spending with anyone. Not the wife, kids, family members...

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:31 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by SlowMotion
I tried honesty.... now she wants me to get her a 997 Turbo (because she thinks they are nicer looking than 996 Turbos)... and she's already planning mods for it... ouch.

Gentlemen... lie, then lie some more!
i know that i keep falling back on this one....but if she wants YOU to get her the 997, then feel free to work on YOUR christmas list of mods! do what we do....one month she gets a mod...the next month...you get one. =)

see, the way i get away with getting mods is because i work full time, and i have my own side business. therefore, i don't tell my husband to get me one. i just get my own. =)

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:31 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I have gotten a lot of mileage out of the motorcycle routine. She does't really care what I do with the car, really. (Because she thinks it's going in for an oil change)

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:38 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
I have gotten a lot of mileage out of the motorcycle routine. She does't really care what I do with the car, really. (Because she thinks it's going in for an oil change)
i'd try that one out, by my guy is bright enough to wonder why the car has been at the shop for 2 days for an oil change? then what? you tell him/her you needed a new oil filter, air filter, etc, and while they were working on it, they saw something wrong with it's....um....hmm....still gauge and intake throttle, and the other thing a ma jig? therefore, it needs to stay at the shop for another day? hmm..i'm GOOD! this might work!

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jojomon11
Kind of curious how you guys are able to mod your rides and still get away from it with your wives! I told my wife once I get my TT I will keep it stock and not mod it ever. But after viewing all your post, I need to mod it. So far I have done very little to it, but need to mod!

Question is:

What do you tell your wife/girlfriend, when you need to mod it?

LOLOL Some of our customers tell them they are in for repairs.

Some of them have a special "file" for those things with us.

And honestly a lot of clients wives encourage it and are supportive of it.

One of my customers wives said. I prefer him spending his money on the car rather than going out drinking and partying and getting into trouble.... At least I can enjoy the car too... My response.. Do you have a sister ? LOL

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:52 AM
Blair_MD is infamous around these parts
"Hi Honey, it's time to go purse shopping"

Old 08-24-2007 | 10:58 AM
aghhh! you guyyyssss! what am i gonna do with you?

for those of you w/ wives that have an issue with mods or you feel the NEED to butter up to them in order to purchase them.....even though you make the income.....send those ladies my way! they just need to have a little chat w/ me! or...REMIND them of their shopping sprees! i'm on your side!! if you don't have it, then don't spend it. if you have to charge it...don't spend it. but if you make it....then SPEND it!

one more thing....just wait till she starts bugging you all about having a kid! =P

no wonder i don't have any! my car is my "baby". =D

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 08-24-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2007 | 11:07 AM
|
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Coach Purses

Originally Posted by Blair_MD
"Hi Honey, it's time to go purse shopping"
Yes I tried that and it works! A Couple Coach Bags with coordinated wallets always does the trick! Fall colors are coming in soon by the way

Old 08-24-2007 | 11:09 AM
okay..that's PW'd. tell the ladies to go and get a job. that way, you can afford mods. =P

my guy doesn't feel compeled to buy me gifts if he mods his car. he makes way more $ than i do! our bills are paid, we both eat every night, we have savings, credit, p cars are paid off, so why would he need to buy something for me if he can afford mods? you guys shouldn't feel at ALL guilty! if you can swing it...buy it! either that or give her the pants to wear! =P

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 08-24-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-24-2007 | 11:12 AM
|
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Talking I like your style!

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
aghhh! you guyyyssss! what am i gonna do with you?

for those of you w/ wives that have an issue with mods or you feel the NEED to butter up to them in order to purchase them.....even though you make the income.....send those ladies my way! they just need to have a little chat w/ me! or...REMIND them of their shopping sprees! i'm on your side!! if you don't have it, then don't spend it. if you have to charge it...don't spend it. but if you make it....then SPEND it!

one more thing....just wait till she starts bugging you all about having a kid! =P

no wonder i don't have any! my car is my "baby". =D

I like your style and your absolutely right BoxsterGirlie01!! I might have my wife PM you, so you can kinda encourage her . But please dont tell her about the 7,000$ exhaust system Im gonna buy really soon ok? Just want to start small with a bumper plug and work my way up to a stage 2! Seriously. Cash only!

Old 08-24-2007 | 11:13 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
"Don't complain, because the door is always open for you to get the **** out." Its simple when you own everything, and they are just mooching off of you basically.

Old 08-24-2007 | 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by jojomon11
I like your style and your absolutely right BoxsterGirlie01!! I might have my wife PM you, so you can kinda encourage her . But please dont tell her about the 7,000$ exhaust system Im gonna buy really soon ok? Just want to start small with a bumper plug and work my way up to a stage 2! Seriously. Cash only!
mums the word here! i won't blow your covers! i'm just trying to help ya all out! hahaha! i'm prolly gonna end up getting you all divorced! lol! your ladies need to lighten up and let their guys enjoy their toys! i cracked up when i read that one guy said that his wife gets all PO'ed if he is on 6speed all of the time. good lordy! it's not like he's leering at boobies! ok, nevermind, i saw a car online here w/ boobies painted on the hood!

Old 08-24-2007 | 11:18 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
That's callled the old "If you want a dog.......ask for a horse" routine........and Im surprised to see no one has quoted the old adage " It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Chris

Originally Posted by SlowMotion
This works... talk about motorcycles for months.... then propose an alternative... hehehe... talk about motorcycle accidents you saw on the way to work also... but how much you would really love one, and wow one hits 60 in 2.5 seconds, etc.. hehehe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do you tell your wife when you mod?