996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lots of new M5 Pics...follow the link

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:40 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
Exclamation Lots of new M5 Pics...follow the link

new m5

I like it... not sure everyone else does.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:45 PM
jpatrick is infamous around these parts
Nasty. Real nasty. I would take an E39 over that POS any day. Yes it has some nice technology and HP numbers, but I think it is incredibly ugly. What else can I say ... REAL ugly LOL.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:04 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
as I first looked at that link I burst out laughing ... damn that "thing" is ugly (nice color though) ... I'm no fan of Mercedes, however the E55 at least looks good ... the new M5 is going to have to deliver some serious driving excitement to compete imho.

maybe the looks will grow on me.

Old 04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Rotary13b is infamous around these parts
I dont like it at all, I dont like the way any of the current BMW's are going and think they need to get Chris Bangle out of there.

Old 04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
It looks better everytime I look at it.
Rest assured that it is a monster on the road.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:07 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I like it , notice the Michelin PS2 rubber.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
I notice it's got a boot (trunk) spoiler now, which the concept car didn't have, which is good.

I've ordered one and I'll probably get Black, which will tone down some of the Bangle panelwork...............

The motor and 7 speed 'box sounds great though.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Rotary13b
I dont like it at all, I dont like the way any of the current BMW's are going and think they need to get Chris Bangle out of there.

Bangle is no longer chief of design. He was moved within BMW from what I've heard. I think it was BMW's way of getting rid of him and saving face.

I think it's ugly too, but as I look at it and think to myself "V10 and 7 Speed" it's hard to say I wouldn't own one.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:24 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
He moved to Rolls Royce

Old 04-29-2004, 10:31 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
I must admit the styling is growing on me. I still think the E39 will always have the classic design, which will hopefully keep its value up like the 993. The performance should be amazing, but it best be to hide that ugly nose from everyone.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
I love this car. I saw a picture of a normal 5 series in one of Endras post. it was black and had black rims on it...thing looked unreal. Granted as many people on bimmer.org said, the M5 is meant to be subtle, and this car is a little wild looking, but it can be toned down alot with some dark rims and adark colors---sorry guys no arrest me red or look at me yellows---. I think the cars gonna do real well. Just look at the success of the 7 series. At first everyone thought it was hideous, now I see those things all over the place. I hope to own the new M5 soon

Old 04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Parker is infamous around these parts
Bangle should be shot. BMW should be shut out of every auto show for the next 10 years for letting him touch their machines. such garbage, that thing looks so cheap and plastic.

That machine is SICK though...
What a Beast

Old 04-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
It's got more presence than your average 996 911 and it'll most likely whoop it, too.

Go BMW. Great job.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:19 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
1 word U G L Y

Old 04-30-2004, 12:16 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Pistol
I love this car. I saw a picture of a normal 5 series in one of Endras post. it was black and had black rims on it...thing looked unreal. Granted as many people on bimmer.org said, the M5 is meant to be subtle, and this car is a little wild looking, but it can be toned down alot with some dark rims and adark colors---sorry guys no arrest me red or look at me yellows---. I think the cars gonna do real well. Just look at the success of the 7 series. At first everyone thought it was hideous, now I see those things all over the place. I hope to own the new M5 soon
the 7's are all over the place because they are SUPER cheap. Everyone is scared of the i-drive so the dealerships have to basically give them away. I was thinking of picking up a white one, i personally think they're pretty good looking and the i-drive i'm sure works fine if you take 2 hours to get to know it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lots of new M5 Pics...follow the link