996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Fabspeed Generation 3 Exhaust install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
On cold start up the cold start injection kick in and leans the exhaust out to bring it up to temperature rapidly to start burning cleaner emissions. It is a 2 minute process and then the system shuts off and the exhaust mellows back down.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
That video was a brief segment of the full clip. I will have the full video ready soon which does include the cold startups of all the Fabspeed exhaust and also one of the complete performance package. TTSurgeon make sure your car is clean for the camera>>>
Clean? I thought that's what Jeremy's for?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by porschedude996T
I guess I don't understand the physics behind the phenomena of louder when you first start the vehicle. Anyone care to explain? I can’t see how the warming the muffler could change the sound, or is the phenomena uncovered by the new muffler meaning that it exists within the engine and has always been there from stock.

Any Acoustical engineers out there???
Joey???

Where art thou??

Old 08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Joey, which Fabspeed system is this? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXAUu-O76ys
WOW that sounds amazing, so crisp, I guess different because of K24s!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
iLLM3- The car in the video has k16 turbos.

TTSurgeon- I charge extra if you want it detailed

Old 08-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
I installed it on my 03 now stage 4 the car is right there and ......the sound is awsome and not offensive.. That raspy growls sounds like a Porsche should and makes me love this car.
Thanks Stephen for steering me right.
Elliot

I cant figure out how to post these pics

Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Red996 is infamous around these parts
What is better performance and hp ? 996TT Fabspeed Generation 3
or 996 Fabspeed supersport ?

Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Is it 321 stainless? Where is it made?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Made in the USA, saw it all myself. Fabspeed IS the real deal boys!

Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
T304 according to the data sheet.