996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

tt snow tires not needed anymore...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 08:17 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
tt snow tires not needed anymore...

purchased the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Tomb Raider Limited Edition yesterday. my tt is going to be happy this winter.
they only made 1000 and it includes
front/rear Tru-Lok differentials
Dana 44 axles
31" goodyear tires
Rock-TRAC 4WD
red stitched seats w/ red seatbelts

btw, 6speedonline has some competition-check out www.rubiconownersforum.com

Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2003, 08:41 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
looks like fun! enjoy!

Actually looking into leasing a grand cherokee for the winter and the city - 03 cab is taking a beating and deserves some rest and sleep

have you guys seen how cheap the leases are on these things! $399 a month for a laredo with leather and a v8 - new model is coming out soon must be why

Old 08-13-2003, 09:22 PM
yes, Darren-some great deals with low financing going on right now. hey, $399/month means a grand cherokee for the equivalent price of one porsche mod each year.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Why waste that money on a Jeep

Get something a little nicer---maybe an H2, Escalade or maybe G500. You live once, get something that is reliable as well as a looker

Old 08-13-2003, 09:31 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I wanna get a Range for the winter!! their residuals are insane though!!

Old 08-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Pistol, guess you haven't seen nor read the specs on this vehicle. It is nothing like an ordinary Jeep Wrangler-not even close. And your right about only living once -so come talk to me when you own a turbo instead of a carrera 4. the 996 forum is right next door.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:05 PM
in response to my PM from Pistol - "love your silver porsche hood crest where can I buy it?". Call By Design in Ca. -tell them you heard about it from Dr Bill-the guy with the piece of sh-t Rubicon.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
I didnt mean to offend you

I am sorry that it came off like I offended you. I am really sorry. I understand that the Rubicon is something extremely wild compared to a regular wrangler. I was just thinking that someone who spent a whole lot of $ on his turbo wouldnt go for something expensive such as an H2, which has alot of off roading capability.

Also, I really thought you teasing me about the TT was kind of unnecessary.

Congrats on the Rubicon.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:29 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I can say that the Rubicon rides alot better than when I looked at them a few years ago. As far as someone spending more $ on a winter vehicle just b/c they own a turbo is crazy. It happens that Dr. Bill only wanted a Wrangler for it's look. Personally I disagree but do know he could have had something "nicer" for what the Rubicon costs. Enough bickering and on to the real controversy: the guy bought an AUTOMATIC for cripes sake!

Old 08-14-2003, 05:29 AM
sawmilldriver is infamous around these partssawmilldriver is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by drbill
Pistol, guess you haven't seen nor read the specs on this vehicle. It is nothing like an ordinary Jeep Wrangler-not even close. And your right about only living once -so come talk to me when you own a turbo instead of a carrera 4. the 996 forum is right next door.
you are pretty sensitive drbill, who cares what he thinks about your jeep

Old 08-14-2003, 07:44 AM
would have preferred a manual but the mrs. doe not drive a five speed therefore in case of emergency with our infant had to go with the SMARTER choice. also, a car is bought , in my opinion based on its looks and its practicality w/r to function-i think the look and function of the Rubicon for the price is the best choice out there for winter driving. and who knows after chatting with the guys on the Rubicon website I might start getting into some off-road adventures.
btw, Jimbo isn't your winter vehicle Durango an AUTOMATIC.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:05 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are harsh! - "can't we all just get along?" LOL

Pistol - some people do not want to spend that kind of money on a 4x4 to beat up and use for the winter. I for one am looking to pick up a cheap 4x4 and by no means do I care if my 4x4 is a rover or a g500 - A jeep cherokee v8 or a cheap base x5 is fine by me while my porsche is in the garage

Old 08-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Andrew708
ME Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't need a luxury 4x4 to tool around in the snow..they all do the same job!!!!my tt stays in the garage when it snows,and i have a v8 jeep that i love.....

Old 08-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Darren, Westbury Jeep having some great deals thru Aug. 17th. what's the fun of this forum if you can't go at it with each other once in a while.
sawmilldriver, i just think it was inappropriate to post to someone it is a waste of money to buy a car you just want to show to fellow car enthusiasts on the board. It's not a matter of being sensitive,i work hard for my money -I don't know about you.

Old 08-14-2003, 07:29 PM
01-996 is infamous around these parts
DrBill, my first car when i was 16 was a new jeep wrangler that cost 12,500. Within 5 months it had body, shackle, and supension lift, 35*14.50 , light bar, system, winch. Total investment 21,000 sold before one year for 11,000. OPPS DAD! Anyway I have been tossing the idea around about getting a wrangler but am leaning towards another discovery or mdx. Enjoy your car it is awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tt snow tires not needed anymore...