996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

exhaust options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:09 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
There is only one.

AWE/McNeil Competition 996TT exhaust with 300 cell catalysts.

Email me for pricing and availability.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Click here for the post that got it all started

Old 05-05-2004, 05:13 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Mike - do you have versions with less cats (100 cell)?
Also, any news/updates on the sway bar replacements?

Old 05-05-2004, 05:19 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
We can offer the system with the 100 cell if you like, but we prefer the 300.

H&R has yet to send the new bars. I am very upset at the whole thing. I pester them at least once every two weeks.

Old 05-05-2004, 06:11 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Mike - quick Q - wouldn't 100 cell or 200 cell cats be better and less restrictive than 300 cell?? Why did you choose 300 cell in your design??
Also can you PM me pricing on this...
Thanks

Old 05-05-2004, 09:38 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Mike:

Very interested. Have you thrown the unit on a tuned car? How about the 100 cell cats or straight pipe options? Any resonance?

Send me pricing.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by deeroff
The EVO is the same (and made by) Fabspeed. I have one.
I noticed in your sig, you have a X5 4.8. That is one nice beast, how do you like it?

Old 05-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by ColorChange
Mike:

Very interested. Have you thrown the unit on a tuned car? How about the 100 cell cats or straight pipe options? Any resonance?

Send me pricing.
Tim-

That car from the original post was Vinnie's. It was a chipped X50. We will be installing turbos on our car within the next 2 weeks and will do additional dyno runs to back up the claimed #'s.

We also tested the system with a cat bypass (no cats but still running through the muffler) and only picked up a few peak horsepower and torque. Turbo cars do need some backpressure.

I will dig up the dyno graphs comparing them. (with cats and cat bypass)

We have not tested the 100 cell cats but will build a system upon request.

We also did some testing on dump tubes (no cats or mufflers). This is just a straight pipe right off the turbo. We lost 12-13 hp and the same in torque. This is NOT a good setup if you are looking for that last inch of power, but it sure does sound good...

The reason the release was held up was because we had this light drone from 2200 to 2400 rpm. Our chief fabricator Kenny Mcneil did a slight change in the shape of the can which allowed us to further tighten the straps.

The result.... NO MORE DRONE!

We have experienced, read and heard that many of the aftermarket exhausts for the 996TT all have this same drone problem in that rpm range. We took our time and fixed it rather than rushing just for the sake of selling something.

Antother feature is that each system will come with an O2 sensor fitting with threaded bung before the driver side catalytic converter for quick and easy installation of a wide band air/fuel sensor.

I hope that I too can add to your collection of mods for a car that you don't have just yet...

Old 05-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by msindi
Mike - quick Q - wouldn't 100 cell or 200 cell cats be better and less restrictive than 300 cell?? Why did you choose 300 cell in your design??
Also can you PM me pricing on this...
Thanks
M-

We have never been supporters of 100 cell.

You may have slightly better flow, but we are concerned about cars not passing emissions test after a few years of use. The coating on the cells will eventually wear away.

We have been using the 300 cell on cars in very different states of tune and have not had any emission issues.

We are standing firmly by our decision.

You have been PM'ed

Old 05-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks Mike, sounds really nice. Let me get my other stuff on first, unless of course you are offering a big discount for early adopters.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by ColorChange
Thanks Mike, sounds really nice. Let me get my other stuff on first, unless of course you are offering a big discount for early adopters.
Check your email.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:03 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
Mike,

I am interested also. Can you please PM me with pricing and addt'l info?

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 05-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Aero, any one else ... Group buy?

Old 05-05-2004, 11:22 PM
AeroTT is infamous around these parts
If the price is right, I would def. be interested! Still trying to weigh diff. between europipe and AWE's system.... Decisions, decisions!

Old 05-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Mike:

Please post your back-to-back dyno results as soon as you have them.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:34 PM
mklock is infamous around these parts
Im looking for an upgraded exhaust system for my 04 TT X50, count me in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: exhaust options