996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Radio help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Radio help?

I'm too lazy to find it in the owner's manual and wanted to know if anyone knows how to turn off the radio displaying the song/artist and just show the station #'s. Stock 2002 unit. TIA

Old 05-03-2004, 09:02 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Drjim, I was in the Turbo yeasterday and noticed that, I never noticed it display that before and all of a sudden it seems that the song and atrist is displayed not only the station, just mentioning I noticed it and am not aware if it can be turned on or off.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
That's what happened to me. It was about a month ago it seemed to have come out of no where. i'm positive it wasn't there for the first year I had the car and thought my dad may have pressed a button accidentally. I might have to change the radio just to get rid of it!

Old 05-03-2004, 09:17 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
change the radio just b/c of some scribble coming up! sounds like OCD!

Old 05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
That's from a signal that Clear Channel stations are now all broadcasting. I noticed this too. It's not just Clear Channel stations, but that network has recently turned on the switch, so I have heard many people say that about their radios in non-Pcars as well. It's called RDS, Radio Data Systems and is broadcast on an FM subcarrier.

I don't know how to turn it off or get our radios to not display that information, but those with a manual nearby, search for RDS and turning that info. off.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Scott in H-town
That's from a signal that Clear Channel stations are now all broadcasting. I noticed this too. It's not just Clear Channel stations, but that network has recently turned on the switch, so I have heard many people say that about their radios in non-Pcars as well. It's called RDS, Radio Data Systems and is broadcast on an FM subcarrier.

I don't know how to turn it off or get our radios to not display that information, but those with a manual nearby, search for RDS and turning that info. off.
Yes Scott, I have been in another car that wasnt a Porsche and it was doing the same thing on the radio display screen.

Old 05-04-2004, 03:32 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
yea, it's not the radio it's a signal comming from the station

Old 05-06-2004, 06:22 PM
MY BMW has the ability to turn it off or on. I guess this one doesn't.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:39 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice