996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 headers cracked! EVOMS comes through, now that's customer service!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:58 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
GT700 headers cracked! EVOMS comes through, now that's customer service!

The evoms headers were installed with the GT700 kit on January of 2006, they are cracking and causing leaks and need to be replaced. My dealer said it looks like it is from the heat? Anyone else have this problem?

No way they should be cracking after this short amount of time!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:18 AM
taizen is infamous around these parts
Where is it cracking/leaking? Any pics? Thin walled headers can crack from heat and those turbos generate a huge amount of heat. Have you talked to EVOMS about it?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I don't know the dealer just called me, I am going to call Evoms when they get in, it is only 5:30 am there.

I am sure they will make it right!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Buddy,

I believe I have the identical set, depending on which ones you have.
Do you have a picture of which header style that you have?
Good luck!

MK

Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 AM
No I don't have any pictures, I knew I had a header look but just confirmed from the dealer this morning. I need to replace ASAP as I have a track event next Fri-Sun at Grattan!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Buddy, sorry to hear about your troubles.
Doesn't your supplier offer any warranty?

You remember the tuner that always is over-priced?
Anyway they're using a material called inconel which isn't leaking either in their cars, nor in F1 where the same material is used.
And yes, it is very expensive as welding it is very difficult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel
Uses
Inconel is often encountered in extreme environments. It is common in gas turbine blades, seals, and combustors, as well as turbocharger rotors and seals, high temperature fasteners, chemical processing and pressure vessels, heat exchanger tubing, firearm sound suppressor blast baffles, and Formula One exhaust systems.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Hey Buddy I have these headers also but compared to my old FVD headers the quality is junk. THe metal is extremely thin and at the high amounts of heat and any slight scrapping I can totally see this happening. Good Luck with Evoms keep us up to date with this issue, im curious to see if EVOMS takes care of it.

S

Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I'm thinking of buying their K24 headers. Is the construction and build quality about the same? If so this is not making me to confident....

Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
I've seen this happen with quite a few modified Mercedes. The headers are from high priced and well respected tuners like Kleeman and Renntech, yet after maybe 10,000 miles there were reports of them cracking and needing to be replaced. Some people coat their headers with a material which keeps it much more resistant to high heat (I forgot the exact name).

Sorry to hear about that, good luck.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Banned
Dan@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taizen
Have you talked to EVOMS about it?
That would be a good start eh?
Buddy give us a call we will get you taken care of
480-317-9911
Dan

Old 09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Banned
Dan@EVO is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Some people coat their headers with a material which keeps it much more resistant to high heat (I forgot the exact name).
Swain coating

Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Buddy,

I would be interested if the crack was in the tubing or on a weld?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Stainless headers are known for cracking, they just cant really take the heat(no pun intended) when compared to cast iron. Inconel is awesome, just sucks to work with.

EVO will take care of the problem as always. Its not really their fault the headers crack, its just going to happen.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Dan@EVO
That would be a good start eh?
Buddy give us a call we will get you taken care of
480-317-9911
Dan
Dan I left a message on your phone and Mike's phone before you were even open!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
There's going to be a new line of 321SS (instead of cheap 304SS) and inconel headers coming soon, using real Burns Stainless collectors and CNC cut flanges. Prices will be very competitive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT700 headers cracked! EVOMS comes through, now that's customer service!