996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drove My First Porsche!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Drove My First Porsche!

Hey all, I can completely understand why you go nuts over the P-Cars! My bro-in-law just picked up an 03' Silver/Black 996TT 6spd. It has the sport exhaust and 18" 2-piece HRE style wheels.

He came over and said "wanna go for a ride?" I replied with "only if I'm driving with a shizzy grin on my face!" So, he gave in and tossed me the keys. The steering takes a couple minutes to get used to because its so stiff.

We drove it for a little while just cruising so I could get used to it. Then, the fun began! I got on it getting onto the freeway and by the time I shifted into 3rd, I was at 90+! OMG! I had to slow down (didn't have my radar).

I can surely say that when I get the chance I am set on wanting a TT P-car!

Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:12 PM
TT Tommy is infamous around these parts
tip of the iceberg

Old 09-08-2007, 06:19 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
good stuff...it sure is fun!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:29 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I can't stop thinking about it! That thing is stock and alot of you guys are running 600+whp!? Holy S**T!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Tip of the iceberg is right. It takes some time behind the wheel (and some track time) to really appreciate the engineering and driving experience that this car has going for it.

As if that wasn't enough, these cars are built like anvils.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 09-11-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Tip of the iceberg is right. It takes some time behind the wheel (and some track time) to really appreciate the engineering and driving experience that this car has going for it.

As if that wasn't enough, that these cars are built like anvils.

I completely agree my friend. My bro-in-law said that next year, after he has the upgrades done over the winter, he'll starting running it at Miller's Track in Tooele. He asked if I wanted to join in and get some good track time in with him. I am taking him up on that offer!

I enjoyed just the little bit of cruising we did in it. I definately enjoyed the stares we got (probably gets old for some people)

Old 09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Very cool. Tell your bro in law to get to the track with the car the way it is and work on learning how to drive the car stock and mods it little by little. (while still going to the track)

Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Where are these wondrous "tracks" that you guys can just go to all the time and drive on? Do they have open track days that often where you live? I've been checking Road Atlanta's website and it looks to me like there is only one day the whole year, and that is the Porsche club day.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
i like the new avatar Luis

Cool story man.....i had a similar experience with a few P-cars over the past year and i have been obsessing over owning my own ever since. Our time will come

Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
it is quite addictive.....but very well worth it.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by sdorn
Where are these wondrous "tracks" that you guys can just go to all the time and drive on? Do they have open track days that often where you live? I've been checking Road Atlanta's website and it looks to me like there is only one day the whole year, and that is the Porsche club day.

Well, around here we just have the 1 track. Larry Miller built it and its been going like crazy! They have set days that you can go down and run your car. Its the first 1 here and its sooooo busy already!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:57 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GSlider
Well, around here we just have the 1 track. Larry Miller built it and its been going like crazy! They have set days that you can go down and run your car. Its the first 1 here and its sooooo busy already!
I wish they had something like that around Atlanta that was open to the public more often. There are quite a few drag strips, but I don't know about any road tracks near here other than Road Atlanta.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Very cool. Tell your bro in law to get to the track with the car the way it is and work on learning how to drive the car stock and mods it little by little. (while still going to the track)

He's actually got alot of track time in (both Auto-X and drag) in alot of different cars. This is his first exotic, but I'm confident he can handle it.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
i like the new avatar Luis

Cool story man.....i had a similar experience with a few P-cars over the past year and i have been obsessing over owning my own ever since. Our time will come

Thanks. I had actually talked to my wife about purchasing your Evo, but she won't budge on the word "no!".

Old 09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GSlider
He's actually got alot of track time in (both Auto-X and drag) in alot of different cars. This is his first exotic, but I'm confident he can handle it.
Then why does he want to wain untill next year when he is "done with it" to take it to the track? A stock TT is a great track car. Somebody who is serious about enjoying the track does not wait untill "it's done".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drove My First Porsche!