996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got the Motons, Roll Bar, GT3 sways..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Got the Motons, Roll Bar, GT3 sways..

Update...

I got the stuff on it now.. I figured I needed to replace my X73 with something a little stiffer (and I loved my X73 setup).

The car now has GT3RS motor mounts, GT3 sways (front & back), DAS rollbar and Motons. I didn't get to take it for a big run as it was on the way to the bodyshop to start it's exterior update.

Cantel motorsports did the suspension and bar. They removed the rear seats, rear seatbelt hardware, rear wiper, rear wiper motor, and rear speaker cabinet. Really clean work, I love the X pattern in the back of the rollbar. I have some seats (Sparco DTM's) on oder, but need to lose a few pounds because I'm certain my fat *** won't fit in em!

I received my hood and wing from MA Shaw. They are pretty good. The wing is nicely done, not sure about the edging on the leading edge (it's a solid tone to hide the seam I guess, but it's not as sharp as the real CF GT2 wing) and the hood is perfect except right at the bottom edge. I'm going to have the clear tinted black to match the car and hide a lot of the CF detail so the little errors likely won't show.

I should have the car back next week, so I will take some pics!

Seth.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Man I want some motons now. I like the JIC's but I just get the feeling that there is still another level, and the motons are on it.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Man I want some motons now. I like the JIC's but I just get the feeling that there is still another level, and the motons are on it.
X73 to motons is probably a big jump. The adjustability freaks me out (even the Adjustable sway bars freak me out). I'm not sure what any of the adjustments mean, but the shop that installed them told me they put everything in the middle and to come back to them if I find anything too soft, too hard, too bouncy, etc. and they would adjust it. I haven't had time to run it up and down my personal racetrack (I live on one of those super twisty freshly paved roads you seen on cartoons).

It was probably overkill for my uses, but with the UMW ZC setup I wanted to make sure it would handle.

Seth.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
X73 to motons is probably a big jump. The adjustability freaks me out (even the Adjustable sway bars freak me out). I'm not sure what any of the adjustments mean, but the shop that installed them told me they put everything in the middle and to come back to them if I find anything too soft, too hard, too bouncy, etc. and they would adjust it. I haven't had time to run it up and down my personal racetrack (I live on one of those super twisty freshly paved roads you seen on cartoons).

It was probably overkill for my uses, but with the UMW ZC setup I wanted to make sure it would handle.

Seth.
I like my sways on max, the car will still push in teh middle. Cant speak for the coils though. I'd like to get a ride on some. Will have to bum a ride from Tom.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
fly2low is infamous around these parts
Saw your car in the shop. Nice ride. I'd like to see your wing when done. Whos is doing the work? Queen City?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Yes there is a huge difference between PSS9's to JIC to (really big jump) motons.
the problem here is that most of us dont have the skill or crew to properly dial something like that in!!
I would compare your lap times with each change. this is the only way to see if it was "worth the money" to you, not someone else.
I went JIC first with the thought of easy to sell and upgrade if I want. I took 8 seconds off my sebring lap time with the new set up. If I went to motons I may have taken off 9. so for 4k less I'll wait a year. but motons are in my future as well (hopefully they will be attached to a Cup car)
Slowmo congrats!! let us know what happens to lap times.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 AM
TTdave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Yes there is a huge difference between PSS9's to JIC to (really big jump) motons.
the problem here is that most of us dont have the skill or crew to properly dial something like that in!!
I would compare your lap times with each change. this is the only way to see if it was "worth the money" to you, not someone else.
I went JIC first with the thought of easy to sell and upgrade if I want. I took 8 seconds off my sebring lap time with the new set up. If I went to motons I may have taken off 9. so for 4k less I'll wait a year. but motons are in my future as well (hopefully they will be attached to a Cup car)
Slowmo congrats!! let us know what happens to lap times.
Tom,

Is there a big improvement from Pss9's to the JIC's?

I am getting Kevin's ZC set up soon and will then be doing some suspension. Almost all street for now, but some DE events booked. (Who knows I may get hooked)

Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Tom, those 8 seconds cant be fully attributed to JIC's. There has to be something else.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdave
Tom,

Is there a big improvement from Pss9's to the JIC's?

I am getting Kevin's ZC set up soon and will then be doing some suspension. Almost all street for now, but some DE events booked. (Who knows I may get hooked)
yes just at least in the adjustability and height adjustments, no more hitting the bump stops.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Tom, those 8 seconds cant be fully attributed to JIC's. There has to be something else.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I meant that as a question. I dont see where a coilover application cant give you 8 seconds from another coilover, at least on the same car (everything else being equal). I would even say that is a stretch from stock to coils. 8 Seconds is a LONG time, and I have always been under the impression that on any car, Tires will give you the biggest impact, weight second, and coils somewhere around third.

I do concede the Sebring is very long, but I still think something else helped you get that 8 seconds, did you do anything else in the meantime? Pads, new tires, anything?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
motons

On my lowly C2, Motons improved my time at Road America by 11 seconds. The car was stock except for Sport Cup rubber before then and I timed my change after installing the Club Sports. What a magnificent setup. So I would believe that he got 8 seconds at Sebring. It transforms the car completely to a predictable and exceptional handling beast.

great choice and enjoy

Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
On my lowly C2, Motons improved my time at Road America by 11 seconds. The car was stock except for Sport Cup rubber before then and I timed my change after installing the Club Sports. What a magnificent setup. So I would believe that he got 8 seconds at Sebring. It transforms the car completely to a predictable and exceptional handling beast.

great choice and enjoy
I guess the problem I'm having understanding this is that I dont think if I went from JIC down to PSS9's or stock, I'd even lose 3 seconds on any track, just hard for me to imagine how this is possible, but I'll have to take you guys word for it.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:46 AM
SlowMotion,

How does the Das rollbar fit? There is no drilling correct? And does it come in black, I dont like the shiny bars, and dont want the trouble of getting one painted. Any idea on the weight?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
fly2low is infamous around these parts
Painted mine flat black. Simple bolt in. Easy fit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got the Motons, Roll Bar, GT3 sways..