996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Test Drive my UMW 2ZC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Test Drive my UMW 2ZC

Anyone who wants to test drive it (I reserve the right to say no) is welcome providing the weather in Sunny Seattle is decent.

If your a 6 speed member, can drive a stick, have over 100 posts and are currently interested in a Stage 2 ZC from UMW (as in you've talked to Kevin) I will let you take it for a run (might be a fun reason to come visit Seattle to confirm what you will be getting and take in the scene!).

Seth.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Nice offer Seth...already a UMW family member.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Dr. T is infamous around these parts
Seth,
I'm still enjoying Kevin's flash on my stock k16s but when the time comes I'll be sure to call.
-Glen

Old 09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. T
Seth,
I'm still enjoying Kevin's flash on my stock k16s but when the time comes I'll be sure to call.
-Glen
Let me know! The flash on the K16's is a good taste of what lies in your future!

I've done the EVO 640 setup also, so I've spent money twice now and wish I would have just spent once (however, I will probably end up spending money a 3rd time and going for a 3b or 4... just need to slip that by the wifey somehow).

Seth.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
Let me know! The flash on the K16's is a good taste of what lies in your future!

I've done the EVO 640 setup also, so I've spent money twice now and wish I would have just spent once (however, I will probably end up spending money a 3rd time and going for a 3b or 4... just need to slip that by the wifey somehow).

Seth.
I have Kevin's Stage 4 GT3R crank and Arrow rods available if anyone is interested.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Seth -- That's a very generous offer. Since you've had the GT640 prior to the Stg 2ZC, what are your impressions on the differences in power delivery? I'm thinking that the GT640 would have more top end power, but the ZCs have more power in the low end and much faster spooling turbos.

I have Kevin's ECU tune for my K16s, so my next step would be new turbos (in the "distant" future!)

Old 09-11-2007, 02:06 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Vincent,

What is the scoop with the parts available??
Was this to be for your GT2 that you sold?

Do you have pics of the crankshaft?

MK

Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha
Seth -- That's a very generous offer. Since you've had the GT640 prior to the Stg 2ZC, what are your impressions on the differences in power delivery? I'm thinking that the GT640 would have more top end power, but the ZCs have more power in the low end and much faster spooling turbos.

I have Kevin's ECU tune for my K16s, so my next step would be new turbos (in the "distant" future!)
I would say they have similar peak power, but the UMW kit has much more under the curve, which makes it much more versatile. The GT640 has LOTS of lag... kindof an on off feel, this has usuable power wherever you need it, and coming out of a corner it's nice to be able to modulate it so well... but it also drags like a freak. Ask SilverSurfer.

Seth.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
I would say they have similar peak power, but the UMW kit has much more under the curve, which makes it much more versatile. The GT640 has LOTS of lag... kindof an on off feel, this has usuable power wherever you need it, and coming out of a corner it's nice to be able to modulate it so well... but it also drags like a freak. Ask SilverSurfer.

Seth.

Thanks Seth. Good to know. I'm not ready to spend more mod money, but when I am, hybrid turbos sound like the way to go for me.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 PM
ONSIGHT1 is infamous around these parts
Seth,
I just left Seattle after a week of beautiful weather. I would have loved to take you up on the offer.
I met with Kevin on Monday,the day I left.
Cat sure knows his stuff.Enjoyed talking with him and as I am a newbie to the tuner scene I am sure I asked some dumb questions but he did a great job.
Currently I have an evoms stage 2 and was considering the stage 4. After reading so many good things abut Kevin I decided to check him out.
Glad I did.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of

Seth.
When you say drags like a freak, what do you mean by that?

Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Are you selling it when you get the 997?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
Seth,

I just emailed Kevin asking about the packages that are offered. Can you explain what all is in the Stage 2ZC? I am still thinking about doing the 2ZC, but may just start with the k16 flash.

Kunal

Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
When you say drags like a freak, what do you mean by that?
I mean when you line up on the highway, you just put the foot down and it comes on nice and strong... no waiting through the lag for boost... drag races like a ****.

Seth

Old 09-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by master_jcp
Are you selling it when you get the 997?
No, the pimped out RS-Orange turbo is for my wife! I've got to much into this 996 to ever sell now! hehehe.

Seth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Test Drive my UMW 2ZC